Dancing

Guest gajinder

Guest gajinder

being a senior in a public high school, i have never gone to a high school dance.. and everyone is telling me to but I don't know if I would feel comfortable there or even if I would be allowed. Do you think it is wrong to go to these kinds of things?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in hell are you listening to MANMUKHS. Dancing is against Gurmat. Here's another thing, gurbani tells us to stay away from manmukhs because in thier company we become blind. Dancing is an insane pleasure played with the body. Instead spend time reading gurbani and trying to understand Guru Ji's message. Also, you won't just feel uncomfortable there but you'll also look VERY STUPID, especially if you're DRESSED UP IN THE GURU'S IMAGE.

If you want to dance, then dance with your mind and not with your body - Jap naam.

nwcnu soie ju mn isau nwcY ]

naachan soe j man sio naachai ||

He alone is a dancer, who dances with his mind.

JUiT n pqIAY prcY swcY ]

jhoot(h) n patheeai parachai saachai ||

The Lord is not satisfied with falsehood; He is pleased only with Truth.

iesu mn Awgy pUrY qwl ]

eis man aagae poorai thaal ||

So play the beat of the drum in the mind.

iesu nwcn ky mn rKvwl ]2]

eis naachan kae man rakhavaal ||2||

The Lord is the Protector of the dancer with such a mind. ||2||

WAKE UP AND REALISE THE REASON FOR WHY YOU'RE IN THIS HUMAN ROOP!

Why in hell are you listening to MANMUKHS. Dancing is against Gurmat. Here's another thing, gurbani tells us to stay away from manmukhs because in thier company we become blind. Dancing is an insane pleasure played with the body. Instead spend time reading gurbani and trying to understand Guru Ji's message. Also, you won't just feel uncomfortable there but also you'll look VERY STUPID, especially if you're DRESSED UP IN THE GURU'S IMAGE.

If you want to dance, then dance with your mind and not with your body - Jap naam.

nwcnu soie ju mn isau nwcY ]

naachan soe j man sio naachai ||

He alone is a dancer, who dances with his mind.

JUiT n pqIAY prcY swcY ]

jhoot(h) n patheeai parachai saachai ||

The Lord is not satisfied with falsehood; He is pleased only with Truth.

iesu mn Awgy pUrY qwl ]

eis man aagae poorai thaal ||

So play the beat of the drum in the mind.

iesu nwcn ky mn rKvwl ]2]

eis naachan kae man rakhavaal ||2||

The Lord is the Protector of the dancer with such a mind. ||2||

:WW: yaaaaaaaaay! thank u ji :vaheguru:

being a senior in a public high school, i have never gone to a high school dance.. and everyone is telling me to but I don't know if I would feel comfortable there or even if I would be allowed. Do you think it is wrong to go to these kinds of things?

*sigh* honestly man if u want to go an ur boi's r going like just go.. goin to 1 dance for 1 night wont be the end of the world.. sikhi doesnt say u cant have fun.. dont wry about it kid, jus goo an have funn... if ur parents will let u tht is =P LOLL

*sigh* honestly man if u want to go an ur boi's r going like just go.. goin to 1 dance for 1 night wont be the end of the world.. sikhi doesnt say u cant have fun.. dont wry about it kid, jus goo an have funn... if ur parents will let u tht is =P LOLL

WOW, reading gurbani, doing kirtan, doing seva, japping naam, doing good deeds must be boring, huh. Let me tell you who has fun - rapists have fun, peodophiles have fun, murderers have fun, theives have fun, drunks have fun especially after they accidently rape/kill someone, adulterers have fun too. Now these people enjoy these extremes mentioned due to enjoying the minor pleasures in life. There comes a life, in another, when one is eager to enjoy the extreme sinful pleasure as the ones mentioned above.

In addition to this, Gurbani says use everytime to do good for youself and tells you in this ILLUSION and DREAM to remember REALITY!! Oh yeh and SIkhi tells us NOT TO HAVE FUN IN MAYA BUT TO TAKE THE TRUE PLEASURE OUT OF NAAM AND GURBANI. Whoever stops worshiping Maya and begins to devotely and truly worship GOD they should begin to experience THE HIDDEN PLEASURE FROM NAAM WHICH IS MORE FUN!! AND THE HIGHEST OF PLEASURES.

GURU JI IS AGAINST SUCH ACTS - THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO NOT GO!

It might seem alright while alive but when we die then it hits us. So if you still want to go, and this goes for any other so called "sikh", please take your DASTAAR OFF AND THEN GO. Don't dishonor and put to shame Guru Ji's Roop.

Remember if we're saying dancing is manmat, dont forget every action that is not gurmat,( i.e following guru's mat) is manmat.

I say before carrying out any action, think about what your intent is, thing about the benefit you will gain. Personally i think being around loud music, and that sort of atmosphere associated with dancing, will only bring negativity to ones jeevan.

End of the day, its your decision.

gurfateh jee

nic nic tpih bhuqu duKu pwvih ]

nach nach ttapehi bahuth dhukh paavehi ||

they dance and dance and jump all around, but they only suffer in terrible pain.

nicAY tipAY Bgiq n hoie ]

nachiai ttapiai bhagath n hoe ||

By dancing and jumping, devotional worship is not performed.

Penji by dancing around we're not helping our jeevans, if maharaj says that "Avar kaaj therai kithai na kaam, Mil Saadhsangat bhaj keval naam" then you have to realise that dancing really is of no use to you... put it this way if Dhann Dhann Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj wouldn't do it then neither should we... :)

i think ur going a bit too far. guru nanak dev ji said dancing is foolish!!he didnt go out and says its reli that wrong. yeah thats no really need in it but i dont think its as bad as ur making out. i can think of a lot more things that are worse. i dont agree with dancing at balls/proms whatever u call them. but i occasionally dance at family wedding with my sisters/cousins etc. but not to stupid songs about alcohol etc.