Dancing

Guest gajinder

since my first post mysteriously disappeared from this place ill say it again, go and have fun and if u feel uncomfortable you can always leave. i wonder what people here would have said last year if i had asked should i go to my formal or not :gg:

*patiently waits for someone to tell me going to formal was wrong coz theres dancing there*

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I know most of u gonna say i m manmukh and all that. listen i used to do bhangra in my school times then i quit because of some frnds who said it is against sikhi. now i do it again. i dnt see anything bad in tht. in 2nd post my kali veer said that guru said that dnt talk with manmukhs...my dearest veerji then why did guru nanak dev ji and everyone talk with everyperson my looking at single jot of waheguru in all. and tell me one thing isnt this hankar that we all are showing by saying u do bhangra means u manmukh and we are gurmukhs because we dnt do bhangra and all. also one of my brother was yelling at this other brother that people who do rape and all they have fun and all tht junk... for tht veerji, did he ever said anything like tht for which u said all this.

bhul chuk maff

Remember if we're saying dancing is manmat, dont forget every action that is not gurmat,( i.e following guru's mat) is manmat.

I say before carrying out any action, think about what your intent is, thing about the benefit you will gain. Personally i think being around loud music, and that sort of atmosphere associated with dancing, will only bring negativity to ones jeevan.

End of the day, its your decision.

gurfateh jee

ok now wheter i y point of view is different. i like this post because atleast she think what she said. not just yelling and proving herself gurmukh and others manmukh.

thanks

Theres one thing that I've heard so many say, and it makes me laugh everytime: Guru Nanak talked to everyone whether manmukh or not so we should too.

ACtually Guru Nanak stayed in religious company, whether muslim or hindu, as long as they were religious. He even kept a bata which only he and his sikhs used, not muslims or hindus. Now, when Guru Nanak stayed in bad company, he was especially in that company to liberate them, as they had a good previous life. But one mistake led them to becomin sinners in their next life, eg kunda rakhas, was a religious man in his previous life until making a wrong move which caused someone to curse him.

Another thing, GURU NANAK HAD ALREADY BECOME GURMUKH SO HE WOULD OBVIOUSLY BE UNEFFECTED BY MANMUKH COMPANY!! There comes a stage where one is uneffected by manmukh company.

Here's a line from gurbani tellings us lower level beings to stay away from manmukhs:

BTW: sakhat means worldly people/people who worship maya. Every manmukh worships maya.

har saakath saethee sa(n)g n kareeahu oue maarae sirajanehaarae ||

O Lord, let me not be in the company of the faithless cynic, who is cursed by the Creator Lord.

another:

thae saakath chor jinaa naam visaariaa man thin kai nikatt n bhitteeai ||4||

Such faithless cynics, who have forgotten the Naam, are thieves. O my mind, do not even go near them. ||4||

another:

har kae dhaas sio saakath nehee sa(n)g ||

The Lord's servant does not associate with the faithless cynic.

Theres another shabad line which Kabeer ji says to run far away from the faithless cynic, he also says that before becoming a saint their company destroyed him.

Bhai Gurdaas ji says:

bhalaa buraa dhue sa(n)g subhaaeae ||14||

Because of the nature of the company kept, one becomes good or bad.(14)

Remember that his bani is meant to be the key to understanding Sri Guru Granth SAHib ji.

Also, singh-khalsa, you don't understand the wrong in bhangra, due to your mind state. If you bring it up to a higher level of consciousness then you will literally be able to feel the negativity and how filthy it is.

Lastly, I mentioned rape and other major sins because when we keep on indulging in minor-maya (dancing, movies, video games etc) up to sin-maya, again and again in other lives, we gradually increase sin and our mind state becomes animal-like and we become rapists. The smallest of maya will attach us to more pleasurable mayas until we become rapists or killers. I could give you an example of someones previous life where he was a religious man until one mistake and whats he's become now but I can't.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I know most of u gonna say i m manmukh and all that. listen i used to do bhangra in my school times then i quit because of some frnds who said it is against sikhi. now i do it again. i dnt see anything bad in tht. in 2nd post my kali veer said that guru said that dnt talk with manmukhs...my dearest veerji then why did guru nanak dev ji and everyone talk with everyperson my looking at single jot of waheguru in all. and tell me one thing isnt this hankar that we all are showing by saying u do bhangra means u manmukh and we are gurmukhs because we dnt do bhangra and all. also one of my brother was yelling at this other brother that people who do rape and all they have fun and all tht junk... for tht veerji, did he ever said anything like tht for which u said all this.

bhul chuk maff

Remember if we're saying dancing is manmat, dont forget every action that is not gurmat,( i.e following guru's mat) is manmat.

I say before carrying out any action, think about what your intent is, thing about the benefit you will gain. Personally i think being around loud music, and that sort of atmosphere associated with dancing, will only bring negativity to ones jeevan.

End of the day, its your decision.

gurfateh jee

ok now wheter i y point of view is different. i like this post because atleast she think what she said. not just yelling and proving herself gurmukh and others manmukh.

thanks

Theres one thing that I've heard so many say, and it makes me laugh everytime: Guru Nanak talked to everyone whether manmukh or not so we should too.

ACtually Guru Nanak stayed in religious company, whether muslim or hindu, as long as they were religious. He even kept a bata which only he and his sikhs used, not muslims or hindus. Now, when Guru Nanak stayed in bad company, he was especially in that company to liberate them, as they had a good previous life. But one mistake led them to becomin sinners in their next life, eg kunda rakhas, was a religious man in his previous life until making a wrong move which caused someone to curse him.

Another thing, GURU NANAK HAD ALREADY BECOME GURMUKH SO HE WOULD OBVIOUSLY BE UNEFFECTED BY MANMUKH COMPANY!! There comes a stage where one is uneffected by manmukh company.

Here's a line from gurbani tellings us lower level beings to stay away from manmukhs:

BTW: sakhat means worldly people/people who worship maya. Every manmukh worships maya.

har saakath saethee sa(n)g n kareeahu oue maarae sirajanehaarae ||

O Lord, let me not be in the company of the faithless cynic, who is cursed by the Creator Lord.

another:

thae saakath chor jinaa naam visaariaa man thin kai nikatt n bhitteeai ||4||

Such faithless cynics, who have forgotten the Naam, are thieves. O my mind, do not even go near them. ||4||

another:

har kae dhaas sio saakath nehee sa(n)g ||

The Lord's servant does not associate with the faithless cynic.

Theres another shabad line which Kabeer ji says to run far away from the faithless cynic, he also says that before becoming a saint their company destroyed him.

Bhai Gurdaas ji says:

bhalaa buraa dhue sa(n)g subhaaeae ||14||

Because of the nature of the company kept, one becomes good or bad.(14)

Remember that his bani is meant to be the key to understanding Sri Guru Granth SAHib ji.

Also, singh-khalsa, you don't understand the wrong in bhangra, due to your mind state. If you bring it up to a higher level of consciousness then you will literally be able to feel the negativity and how filthy it is.

Lastly, I mentioned rape and other major sins because when we keep on indulging in minor-maya (dancing, movies, video games etc) up to sin-maya, again and again in other lives, we gradually increase sin and our mind state becomes animal-like and we become rapists. The smallest of maya will attach us to more pleasurable mayas until we become rapists or killers. I could give you an example of someones previous life where he was a religious man until one mistake and whats he's become now but I can't.

Word of advice singh.....Calm down. Let me ask you a question, Do you watch TV? Do you listen to radio programmes? If you do they are manmat as per your thinking? Don't watch it you may not get a place in Sachkand!

No, he doesn't watch TV or listen to radio programmes. If you were humble then you would listen to what he says, he obviously is more experienced in sikhi. We are just taking the baby steps. This time in kalyug no one cares about how to live righteously or cares to take advice from others. Kali knows how to get a place in sachkhand!

Word of advice singh.....Calm down. Let me ask you a question, Do you watch TV? Do you listen to radio programmes? If you do they are manmat as per your thinking? Don't watch it you may not get a place in Sachkand!

This isn't just my thinking its also baba harnam singh (rumpurkhera wala), Sant Narajin singh and so many other saint's thinking. Baba Harnam singh said Guru Ji disapproves of his sikhs watching tv/movies and sant narajan singh said God fearing people don't watch dramas/movies, dance and some other stuff.

Did you know, gurbani tells us if we have even one interest at all in Maya when we die we have to be reborn. No one is allowed in saackhand with an attachment to maya. Sikhi is the highest and hardest religion to practice. It's similar to buddhism but harder.

Oh yeh and I don't watch tv/movies. also, listening to radio programmes as long as it is news is fine. but let me guess what you're going to say now: news is maya too, lol - just make yourself sound stupid and say that.

I want a place in saachkhand so I'd rather attach myself to gurbani and naam just like sant jarnail singh, baba deep singh, bhai sahib randhir singh, shaheed bhai fauja singh and countless others have done. OK. You can say what you like now, I aint gonna continue with this.

This isn't just my thinking its also baba harnam singh (rumpurkhera wala), Sant Narajin singh and so many other saint's thinking. Baba Harnam singh said Guru Ji disapproves of his sikhs watching tv/movies and sant narajan singh said God fearing people don't watch dramas/movies, dance and some other stuff.

Did you know, gurbani tells us if we have even one interest at all in Maya when we die we have to be reborn. No one is allowed in saackhand with an attachment to maya. Sikhi is the highest and hardest religion to practice. It's similar to buddhism but harder.

Oh yeh and I don't watch tv/movies. also, listening to radio programmes as long as it is news is fine. but let me guess what you're going to say now: news is maya too, lol - just make yourself sound stupid and say that.

I want a place in saachkhand so I'd rather attach myself to gurbani and naam just like sant jarnail singh, baba deep singh, bhai sahib randhir singh, shaheed bhai fauja singh and countless others have done. OK. You can say what you like now, I aint gonna continue with this.

vaheguroooooooooo :WW: :BOW: thanks ALOT for that post....amazing!!

Hmmmmm, you have got a lot to learn.......I bet you watch Tv shows, listen to radio, going to school is manmat too isnt, cos teacher feed you with fake stories.....listen, the way you are thinking and doing is totally offensive to the modern world....if you dont watch TV or read newspaper...you wont get the knowledge.....so now you are telling me I sound stupid....mate lock urself in a dark cellar and concentrate on NAAM for the rest of ur life, now lets test your theory.

What I am saying is going to shock you...I have seen many individuals attain spiritual...even when they are watching TV radio news, go to parties.....they still seen the true Guru, which really knocks your theory doesnit it? I can prove this to you by introducing you to these people....you make Sikhi sound like an extremist religion which it isnt...there isnt anything wrong with anything as long as you dont attach your thinking to negative thoughts, if you read bani nothing can bring negativity...teh way you put it is like locking urself away...fair do do it then.

Oh by the way Internet is manmat too, fancy seeing you here!

What are mahapurakh's views on exercise, playing sports etc ?

I have said this before on other forums as well over the past 4-5 years or so. Why don't you (whoever is reading my rant) try experimenting with your soul/mind? I mean, for the next one month, listen ONLY to keertan and katha, and NOTHING else. No songs (Hindi/Punjabi/rap) nothing. After 1 month, try listening to these songs, and try to dance. If you don't feel ashamed of yourself, keep dancing. If you do, you have your answer.