Abyaas

Guest ...

When japping Naam, what should we be thinking of?

Because although my is mouth moving and japping, my minds thoughts are wayy somewhere else like thinking about problems etc.

Should i keep repeating Vaheguruo ji's name inside my head aswell as out loud? Should i think about stuff like how great Akal is?! Should i repeat Bani inside my head?

If some pyara could shed some light on this, i would forever be grateful!

What so its an exclusive club then? being an amritdhari?

Whatever the panj pyara tell candidate taking amrit, he/she must keep that to themselves. unless you're saying we should be panj pyarai and start telling everyone the technique - think before you post.

To the topic starter:

Concentration on Naam isn't something we naturely have, we have to achieve it. Gurbani tells us we have to obtain single-minded concentration on Naam. You have to listen to what you're saying; do this at amritvela and try and do it with every breath 24/7. the concentration should come itself.

just say you're japping naam, your mind wonders off, bring it back when you've realised that your concentration has gone off. Don't knowingly take it off concentration into another thought. remember listen to what you're saying, this is Gurmat YOGA. Budhs, Sidhs and Naths do exactly the same with their own mantar.

Now to achieve this concentration read lots of bani before japping naam. choose whatever bani you want to read and always do that before japping naam. Bhai sahib randhir singh ji said its impossible to japp so much naam without reading alot of bani. also start doing kirtan (singing praises of God's gunn). finally, do ardaas to guru ji with a hazoori on to bless you with ik man ik chit on naam.

ijn jipAw iek min iek iciq iqn lQw haumY Bwru ]

jin japiaa eik man eik chith thin lathhaa houmai bhaar ||

Those who chant and meditate on Him, who single-mindedly focus their consciousness on Him, are rid of the burden of their ego.

what is preventing you from concentrating on naam is your attachment to maya. Guru Ji says, spiritual wisdom is to eat less and sleep less. Movies, video games etc doesn't give one concentration instead it distorts it. becoming a renunciate in maya is the key to raj yog.

AYsw koie ij duibDw mwir gvwvY ]

aisaa koe j dhubidhhaa maar gavaavai ||

How rare is such a person, who kills and casts off duality.

iesih mwir rwj jogu kmwvY ]1] rhwau ]

eisehi maar raaj jog kamaavai ||1|| rehaao ||

Killing it, he attains Raja Yoga, the Yoga of meditation and success. ||1||Pause||

Hope that helped.

When japping Naam, what should we be thinking of?

Because although my is mouth moving and japping, my minds thoughts are wayy somewhere else like thinking about problems etc.

Should i keep repeating Vaheguruo ji's name inside my head aswell as out loud? Should i think about stuff like how great Akal is?! Should i repeat Bani inside my head?

If some pyara could shed some light on this, i would forever be grateful!

if you're saying waheguru out loud, than you should be saying waheguru in your head. to say something with the lips that is not heard in the head is like not saying it at all.

when you say waheguru out loud, hear it with your ears. repeat it. than you can move to just japping with your tongue but silently, than after you can just go to not even movign tongue. naam will keep going automatically inside you for awhile. then afterwards, repeat the process. this is one possible method of japping that is quite easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your repiles everyone, and i just wanted to ask whats the reason to do the ardas withh a hazoori? and that if i was to do abyaas internally for two hours would this still count as abyaas? sory if these questions are stupid!