Marriage And Jathebandi's

Guest Guest

Fatheh Jee...

I dont know if this topic has been discussed before..

Nowadays there is alot of conflict within jathebandi's and the rehit that they follow like keski rehit naam drir etc etc and i want to know if its ok to marry someone from a different jathebandi to you and they keep a different rehit?

Fatheh Jee

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji ne Khalsa saajiya si.

Jathe, bandian ne banaye hun. (Manmat)

In case of Anand Karaj it is ideal that both partake Khande di pahul together inorder to avoid differences in future. Best option is that girl follow the boy & his family.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Fatheh Jee...

I dont know if this topic has been discussed before..

Nowadays there is alot of conflict within jathebandi's and the rehit that they follow like keski rehit naam drir etc etc and i want to know if its ok to marry someone from a different jathebandi to you and they keep a different rehit?

Fatheh Jee

HAHAHAHAHAHA ah i couldnt stop laughing wen i read that!!

Has Sikhi got that divided that we are now asking these sorts of questions? Most people now act like people from diffferent jathebandia are from different religons!!!!!

Chalo ji Guruu Kirpa Kare

Guest singh2

Veer it all depends on the people.

You guys can laugh but this is a serious matter. I know some couples that are fine and are in chardee kala for many years eventhough they have very different rehats and then again, there are far more couples that I know that it simply just didnt work out and lead to 'divorce' and break ups.

Find a partner that share the main 'common' beliefs. If there are controversial rehats/opinions/beliefs that you think may lead to fights and arguments in the future, that you answered your own question. But dont get me wrong, it can work out.

In case of Anand Karaj it is ideal that both partake Khande di pahul together inorder to avoid differences in future. Best option is that girl follow the boy & his family.

"_Guest_"

There is no reason for them to take amrit again if they already have been blessed with khande de pahul. And how is that the best option for the girl to follow the boy/family!?

It only becomes an issue if u make it into one. If you dont nit pick and share a 'common interest', as in dont force a particular way of thinking, then you'l be fine. We are encouraged to live among people from different faiths and backgrounds. If we can't get along with panthic jathebandis, then we got no chance we other faiths etc.

Veer it all depends on the people.

You guys can laugh but this is a serious matter. I know some couples that are fine and are in chardee kala for many years eventhough they have very different rehats and then again, there are far more couples that I know that it simply just didnt work out and lead to 'divorce' and break ups.

Find a partner that share the main 'common' beliefs. If there are controversial rehats/opinions/beliefs that you think may lead to fights and arguments in the future, that you answered your own question. But dont get me wrong, it can work out.

"_Guest_"

There is no reason for them to take amrit again if they already have been blessed with khande de pahul. And how is that the best option for the girl to follow the boy/family!?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Prevention is better than cure !

Thread starter is asking for suggestions therefore it is better to find someone with same Sikh ideology. What is the point of marrying a rigid girl from a rigid family or background because that will only result in

1. moving away from parents

2. seperation

3. divorce

All of these are undesirable.

In Sikh society as per tradition, girl has to follow her husband (guy leads while taking Pheras). She must also obey her in-laws to live in harmony.

Only exception, if guy is Ghar Jamai. Many guys take this option to move out of India. In that case, being dependant on girl & her family, he has to follow them.

It is not mandatory for married couples to partake Amrit again but to avoid any future differences and share common belief, it would be best to do so.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh