Writing Bani On Paper!

Guest __singh__

No no wait this is not mareyada of writing banni ... dont write banni in dairy or what u say binded notbooks in english ... for wrinting banni ... it should be on a sheet you write one pauri a day or what ever u with ... once its complete then all the pages should be binded together ... there should be no blank pages left in hand written gutkas ...

i think this is the mareyada but i m not sure ... u can call to taksal of bhai of mani singh amritsar ... they can tell u correct mareyada and what things u need to take care of ... like u should recall bani not copy bani and many other simple things !!!!

baki ur handwritting is very beautifull ... keep it up ... and send me one hand written gutka sahib to !!!! :p

According to Gurmat,

By speaking, listening and WRITING gurbani, a mortal can cross over the world ocean and also do the udhaar of his ancestory. Here is the gurvaak:

kehte pavitt, sunnte puneet, LIKHTEE(N) kul tariyaaa jeeeooooo.

But make sure that whenever u write bani, u treat that piece of paper just as a Gutka Sahib and give it the same respect.

In the future, the panth is going to write Gurbani again just as we used to do in the 18th century as this industrial civilization(maya) is going to finish in the near future.

http://www.keertan.tv/video/203/Bhai-Manpreet-Singh-Part-1

No no wait this is not mareyada of writing banni ... dont write banni in dairy or what u say binded notbooks in english ... for wrinting banni ... it should be on a sheet you write one pauri a day or what ever u with ... once its complete then all the pages should be binded together ... there should be no blank pages left in hand written gutkas ...

i think this is the mareyada but i m not sure ... u can call to taksal of bhai of mani singh amritsar ... they can tell u correct mareyada and what things u need to take care of ... like u should recall bani not copy bani and many other simple things !!!!

baki ur handwritting is very beautifull ... keep it up ... and send me one hand written gutka sahib to !!!! :p

Jassa ji, thanks for bringing this to my attention, I try to give as much respect to bani as possible but yes it makes sense to write on loose sheets first then bind them together. I wish I could do that but I have no idea of the binding process. I hope guruji can forgive me for this, maybr one day I will do just that with Waheguru jis kirpa :)

And yes, I would love to write one for you just give me your address and I can write and send you one (Waheguru mehr karn this offer is to anybody that is interested just let me know! :) )

great seva brother!

remember to:

-treatit like any other pothi sahib

- double, quadruple check spelling and correct mistakes with whiteout.

-place it with your other pothis(gutkas) and cover it with a cleaned sucha rumala

I was thinking in the future, try getting a notebook that is longer horizontally instead of vertically ( like the shape of Guru Granth sahib ji) and keep big thick borders like those found in puratan pothis and Saroops.

great seva brother!

remember to:

-treatit like any other pothi sahib

- double, quadruple check spelling and correct mistakes with whiteout.

-place it with your other pothis(gutkas) and cover it with a cleaned sucha rumala

I was thinking in the future, try getting a notebook that is longer horizontally instead of vertically ( like the shape of Guru Granth sahib ji) and keep big thick borders like those found in puratan pothis and Saroops.

Wjkk Wjkf veer ji

Let me start by saying that itt makes me feel proud there are so many intelligent people like yourself, jassa, and so many others that show so much love for the Bani :)

Veer ji, I treat the Gutka Sahib just like any other Gutka Sahib, I give it full respect, I even followed a beautiful suggestion a Gursikh here had given that we should bring Rumalas from the Gurudwara Sahib and use them to give respect to our pothia. So, I got one such beautiful rumala and now it decorates the Gutka Sahib :) About mistakes, veer ji, with Waheguru Ji by my side, I can tell you there hasnt been a single mistake while writing so far (Presently on Anand Sahib ji), thats the kind of love He has bestowed me with :)

Your suggestion about writing in a landscape style notebook is beautiful! :) In my humble opinion, however, I feel that the current 'notebook' is appropriate for its purpose? Coz we have Gutka Sahibs that are in Portrait sizes? Or is this a Hukam from Akal Purakh that I should get ready to write Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji by hand? (by following the appropriate maryada of course :) ) oooh Waheguruuu! I love you all, be in Chardi Kala mere veero and pehno!! :)

FATEH!!

• 11 years later...
Guest Sikh
On 10/31/2008 at 10:55 AM, jassa said:

Can anyone tell me which paper sheet is best for writing gutka sahib ??