Good U Keep Dietary Bibek, But What About Marriage Bibek ?

There are quite a few people who claim themselves to be takkdee sarbloh bibekis, dietary bibekis. These people act very strict in doing 'roti de sanj' with fellow sikhs, dont even take degh from Gurughar but when doing 'beti di sanj', these same hardcore bibekis run after caste, immigration, money, job salary. Isnt this HYPOCRISY.

According to gurmat,

sikh ke roti BETI ke sanj , sikh naal

These hypocratic dietary bibekis completely forget about their strict rehit when doing 'beti di sanj'. I know a very nice rehitvaan gursikh who lives in a village near jallandhar. He is one of the most charrdi-kala young gursikh boy I have met but he has not been able to get married for the last 3-4 years as no "takkdaa bibeki" is ready to give his daughter to him due to his monetary status.

I feel its time that the panth gives some serious chittarr to these hypocratic dietary bibekis.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me bro, forget looking at other peoples Sikhi or way of life, we need to look within us and find our own faults and fix our bad karams that we have bought in this world.

Its very easy to see faults in others, but in fact we have our own faults and imperfections.

My advice is that don't worry about others, trust me, its not worth it! :)

I know a very well known sant babaji with higher end influence who is very fond of chicken.....he likes them grilled.....his wife, mataji, is having an affair with a man her son's age......and vaheguru does all kind of kirpa on them....flourshing deras, nri sangat, house, family, bussiness, childeren, reputation. This makes you wonder whether god is also on the wrongs side.... :umm:

I know a very well known sant babaji with higher end influence who is very fond of chicken.....he likes them grilled.....his wife, mataji, is having an affair with a man her son's age......and vaheguru does all kind of kirpa on them....flourshing deras, nri sangat, house, family, bussiness, childeren, reputation. This makes you wonder whether god is also on the wrongs side.... :umm:

My dear brother, dont u worry. All u need to do is learn some dholki and vajja and we both can start up our own deraa. I will become the "brahamgyani" babaji and u need to learn some marketing skills. U will have to learn how to praise me in the public and get public to come to our deraa.

Any rational person who questions our intentions, will be termed as "nindakk of babaji".

Trust me bro, forget looking at other peoples Sikhi or way of life, we need to look within us and find our own faults and fix our bad karams that we have bought in this world.

Its very easy to see faults in others, but in fact we have our own faults and imperfections.

My advice is that don't worry about others, trust me, its not worth it! :)

Jagmeet bro,

Its not me who is finding fault in others, its those "kattar dietary bibekis" who find faults in fellow sikhs and dont even take degh from Gurdwara and these same hardcore bibekis run after money and immigration when doing their beti di sanj.

Such people divide the panth and create problems in the panth.

If somebody wants to keeps a kattar dietary bibek pehara based on rehit, then this person shud also be doing the same when doing beti di sanj. Otherwise its just hypocrisy and a way to look down upon fellow sikhs.

sikh ke ROTI BETI ke sanj, sikh naal

Alot of people like me don't understand the meaning of bibek and only adopt the dietary bibek which becomes dikhava unless man/budh bibek is also kept which includes situations such as marriage, controlling the mind from getting involved in certain activities, keeping amritvela, rehat, memorizing more bani, etc. From keeping such bibek one learns to control the 5 vikaar better and progresses in their jeevan, those who don't understand bibek or misinterpret it, only take into consideration the dietary aspect of it and not the spiritual aspect.

Alot of people like me don't understand the meaning of bibek and only adopt the dietary bibek which becomes dikhava unless man/budh bibek is also kept which includes situations such as marriage, controlling the mind from getting involved in certain activities, keeping amritvela, rehat, memorizing more bani, etc. From keeping such bibek one learns to control the 5 vikaar better and progresses in their jeevan, those who don't understand bibek or misinterpret it, only take into consideration the dietary aspect of it and not the spiritual aspect.

What I want to say is that if one keeps strong dietary bibek based on rehit and does not even take degh from Gurdwara, then that person shud be doing the same when getting married and shud only be concerned with the strick jeevan and rehit of the fellow sikh.

These days u have "takkde" sarbloh bibekis selling their self-respect and running to west via kirtan, marrying bibis and become ghar jamais etc... I find this hypocrisy.

Some time back, I met an old mata jee who is too old to keep dietary bibek, does not even wear dastaar but reads lots of Gurbani. I found it a privelage to eat from her hands.

This post seems like a rant of a very immature person.

So you see a person who has bebike in one aspect of his life and not another and now you condemn them. It seems to me that a person who is lacking in something will always despise those who have that something, and this is the case here.

I trust the poster is not bebeki hence his hatred of this Sikh.

So the panth is to take action on this person? LOL, what next? You see a person with a red pag and you don’t like it, is the panth to take action against him as well? This is just childish politics and really does not deserve any comment.

I suspect it is not as clear cut as you make out with this bebeki singh. For starters a parent will always try to get the best rista for his son/daughter. This boy may be chardi kala, but the parent must take into account his financial state, at the end of the day he has to give his daughter away to him, why shouldn’t he find the best person he thinks fit? And why does it get up you nose?

Too munday thaa Chacha lagg tha ????

What right have you to say who this person marries his daughter off too? It seems to me that this is just sour grapes, you see this person with Rehat/bebeke and you have none, hence you find some excuse to mouth him off………….. a little childish.

As for the Baba post, yes will all have stories like this, someone somewhere who does this that the other. Bhai’o look within yourself, how clean and pristine are you? That is the question. In Dharam Rajas court nobody will ask about this baba, the question will be what have YOU done in your life?

“ apay beej apay-he khow” what we sow, so shall we reap. If any one sows badness then they will reap it also, so why do we fret over other peoples karam , should we not look at our own ?

This post seems like a rant of a very immature person.

So you see a person who has bebike in one aspect of his life and not another and now you condemn them. It seems to me that a person who is lacking in something will always despise those who have that something, and this is the case here.

I trust the poster is not bebeki hence his hatred of this Sikh.

So the panth is to take action on this person? LOL, what next? You see a person with a red pag and you don't like it, is the panth to take action against him as well? This is just childish politics and really does not deserve any comment.

I suspect it is not as clear cut as you make out with this bebeki singh. For starters a parent will always try to get the best rista for his son/daughter. This boy may be chardi kala, but the parent must take into account his financial state, at the end of the day he has to give his daughter away to him, why shouldn't he find the best person he thinks fit? And why does it get up you nose?

Too munday thaa Chacha lagg tha ????

What right have you to say who this person marries his daughter off too? It seems to me that this is just sour grapes, you see this person with Rehat/bebeke and you have none, hence you find some excuse to mouth him off………….. a little childish.

As for the Baba post, yes will all have stories like this, someone somewhere who does this that the other. Bhai'o look within yourself, how clean and pristine are you? That is the question. In Dharam Rajas court nobody will ask about this baba, the question will be what have YOU done in your life?

" apay beej apay-he khow" what we sow, so shall we reap. If any one sows badness then they will reap it also, so why do we fret over other peoples karam , should we not look at our own ?

Bundha, u seem to be a member of this kattar dietary bibek keeping gang. I am all for keeping dietary bibek, but we need to understand the essense of keeping this rehit.

Its about niaraapan. Guru jee wants his sikhs to keep roti beti de sanj within sikhs.

The problem is that u have many people who keep very strict roti di sanj but when it comes to beti di sanj, their major concern is maya and not rehit. Due to this hypocrisy, their dietary bibek looks just a pakhand.

And Bundha, ur post is full of personal attacks and by doing so you are just exposing yourself.