Windows Vista Gets Stuck On Start Up

SaRpAnCh

My windows vista gets stuck on start up,when the green bar thing shows it loading it freezes I did s CHKDSK in safemode and it told me to do CHKDSK/F to fix it but it wont do it as the drive is in use ie drive c it gives me the option of running chkdk/f next time i start my laptop but chkdsk never appears the strt up goes to the same loading green bar thing and gets stuck even the windows installation disc wont help!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying a mac wont change the fact that it sounds like there is a hard-drive problem, as that is all CHKDSK will try to fix.

If you've gone into safe mode, I assume that means that you've also tried to do a system restore? If not, give it a shot and restore your system to a time when everything worked ok. If there are glitchy files causing this, this will correct the issue.

Also, if you have your Vista boot disk (or installation disk), (you can also find copies 'online') you can boot up into the recovery mode... so its running off of the CD/DVD and not the harddrive. This will let you run CHKDSK on the C drive as it wont be in use.

to be honest with your nine out of ten times its a problem with 3rd party drivers or applications installed on your machine which is causing the machine not to load windows. as you said you could get into safe mode, then run a/v scans and spyware scans. id suggest avg and spybot search and destroy. make sure there both updated then run. if that still doesnt let you load windows normally then your o/s files are probably knackered... wot version of vista are u running?

wjkk wjkf

to be honest with your nine out of ten times its a problem with 3rd party drivers or applications installed on your machine which is causing the machine not to load windows. as you said you could get into safe mode, then run a/v scans and spyware scans. id suggest avg and spybot search and destroy. make sure there both updated then run. if that still doesnt let you load windows normally then your o/s files are probably knackered... wot version of vista are u running?

wjkk wjkf

Im running Vista Ultimate ,before all this happened i was on the laptop and heard that noise when a usb is put in then ,even though i put nothing in ,then all of a sudden the music playing started to jam ,then the screen froze,i left it like that for a few mins then decided to turn it off as nothing was happening when i turned it on i got the problem im getting now.

I think the CHKDSK issue is a major fault in Vista as a lot of people can't even get it to work! let alone fix it.

Il run spybot search and destroy and see what happens

Thanks

This is what its found so far

CoolWWWSearch.Bootconf: [sBI $5608A37F] Executable (File, nothing done)

C:\Windows\System32\msupdate.exe

Win32.FraudLoad: [sBI $2086F444] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-734003442-3609866938-4277546372-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\PIDtb

Win32.FraudLoad: [sBI $D1E597B9] Settings (Registry value, nothing done)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-734003442-3609866938-4277546372-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\Win32ldrpid

Smitfraud-C.: [sBI $6BC8CEA9] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-734003442-3609866938-4277546372-1000\Software\Microsoft\instbndlkeyldr

Smitfraud-C.: [sBI $99619F8C] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-734003442-3609866938-4277546372-1000\Software\Microsoft\instkey

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled: [sBI $2E20C9A9] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc\Start

Win32.Rbot.aeu: [sBI $6587E639] Autorun settings (DRam prosessor) (Registry value, nothing done)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\DRam prosessor

Win32.Rbot.aeu: [sBI $6587E639] Autorun settings (DRam prosessor) (Registry value, nothing done)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\DRam prosessor