Windows Vista Gets Stuck On Start Up

SaRpAnCh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are some errors in that log but nuffin that would stop your machine from functioning properly.

with regards to the chkdsk... thas jus weird...

do this >

try to think back to when the problem first started - open RUN (go to start and type run) then type eventvwr then go to windows logs and look under application and system logs and tell me if you can find any errors...

mite possibly be able to do remote assistance and have a look if all else fails (add me on msn - ajay696@hotmail.com)

wjkk wjkf

woohooo it works!

My sound wasn't working in safe mode so i went to the sound menu thingy,it said drivers were working fine but no sound was comming ,then i just went to upate drivers but it said i have them updated already.But still no sound so then i googled realtek legacy drivers and found this link

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

Downloaded the 1st vista pack zip file installed it restarted and the green bar moved then froze but then jumped and moved for around a minute then magically the log in thing came up.

What could have the problem been?

The laptop said all drivers were updated and working propley :umm: the driver i downloaded was released a few days before the laptop went bust so not sure if its tottaly down to sound,but im on stand by just incase it goes in to the same state again .

singh763173

Thanks for your help :TH: really needed it and it stopped me smashing the laptop on the floor loll il keep you updated on it :Re:

The problems back!!!!!!!!!!!!

,A loose connection on the headphones might be causing it ,when i insert the headphone socket u have to carefully move it left to right to get sound,the same thing happened again the video froze and the sound kept jumping and whole thing crashed

If you have the 64 bit version of vista, then alot of drivers that you need are hard to find. Most people who have 64 bit have problems with their sound, even i did, because of incorrect drivers, because most of them were for 32 bit vista.

You probably already know this but just incase you didn't, if you go into control panel, and then device managers, there is a list of all the components in your pc, you can select then and right click to update it and it will tell you the things which aren't updated.

Or you can download a program called drivers detective, it gives you a list of all the things you need to update, and gives you a link for them, so you can download it easily.

I don't think there is a problem with your headpone connection, because the same thing happened to me, my videos kept freezing and there was no sound. But that was one 64bit so if you have 32bit then im not sure what the problem could be.

If you have the 64 bit version of vista, then alot of drivers that you need are hard to find. Most people who have 64 bit have problems with their sound, even i did, because of incorrect drivers, because most of them were for 32 bit vista.

You probably already know this but just incase you didn't, if you go into control panel, and then device managers, there is a list of all the components in your pc, you can select then and right click to update it and it will tell you the things which aren't updated.

Or you can download a program called drivers detective, it gives you a list of all the things you need to update, and gives you a link for them, so you can download it easily.

I don't think there is a problem with your headpone connection, because the same thing happened to me, my videos kept freezing and there was no sound. But that was one 64bit so if you have 32bit then im not sure what the problem could be.

Mines is a 32 bit i opened it up connections look fine inside not sure what it could be but i'l give that driver detective a shot :TH: