Is The Word 'nindiyaa" Being Used To Curb Rational Thinking ?

It seems as if the nindiyaaa terminology is being used as a weapon to control the free rational thinking of the masses, to curb an individual's right to express his opinion.

If u dont agree with something a "mahapurash" says, u are bombarded by his chelaas as a nindakk, problem creater, arrogant. These chelaas also have the ashtapadi of sri sukhmani sahib kanthh which talks about "sant ki nindaa", lol

Around 8 months back, I and my sister were coming from Delhi to Ludhiana and we stopped on the way at a Gurughar, there was an old man sitting on a chair and 4-5 people were standing behind me. He called us near him and asked "from where have u come" etc. etc. Then he started to tell my sister that modern bibis dont respect their husbands and call them by their name. The bibis shud serve their husbands day and night as this will reward them in the afterlife. My sister being a straight forwarded person disagreed. This completely changed the faces of his 4-5 chelaas. Then when we left, one of his chelaas came to us and said " u need to watch out how u talk with mahapurash". Slandering a mahapurash can ruin one's life. Then he started to speak that ashtpadi of Sri Sukhmani Sahib "sant ka nindakk.....".

My sis got really tense after this and her mood remained upset for quite some days after that.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about these 'mahapurshes' and their doting 'chelay'. These kinds of people are ten to a penny in most pinds! Religion has become a pyramid scheme in some areas. The so-called mahapurush starts off the scheme by selecting a few trusted chelas who then fan out in the villages and outrageous claims about how the 'mahapurush' is such a great guy and how everything he says comes true. The chelas then select people under them who then get more and more people to follow the 'mahapurush'. They even arrange weekly trips from villages around the area to visit the 'mahapurush'.

Just one thing that's always bothered me. Why is it that real Mahapurushs never seem to recognise the cheats who claim also to be mahapurushs? I suppose someone will accuse me of sant ki nindya now!

You are quite right about the misuse of the word nindya.

There are some genuine sant mahapursh but they are like Bhagat Puran Singh or Baba Seechwal.

As for modern bibis or wives comment by the sant only a male chauvnist would speak like that..haha... if my future wife was to touch my feet i would touch hers too. lol

There are some genuine sant mahapursh but they are like Bhagat Puran Singh or Baba Seechwal.

As for modern bibis or wives comment by the sant only a male chauvnist would speak like that..haha... if my future wife was to touch my feet i would touch hers too. lol

There are/ were saintly persons in the panth. Infact I personally dont like the use of the word mahaa-purash. For me mahaa-purash is the sat-purakh ie akal purakh.

I like to use the word 'sant sipahi' instead of sant baba or sant mahapurakh. Bhai Fauja Singh, Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar, Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, Baba Manochahal were all sant-sipahis. A sant becomes a sipahi BY DEFAULT. A sant has no fear, no desire to live, for him a beggar and a king is the same. A sant always fights against falsehood, oppression.

These days u have the chellaaas of the "sants" fighting against anyone who has the gutts to disagree with the "sant".

We need to understand that this "nindiyaa" weapon used by chellaas is very powerful and can completely damage a person. My sister was EXTREMELY upset after this episode and needed decent counsellling to come back to normal.

I wouldn't worry about these 'mahapurshes' and their doting 'chelay'. These kinds of people are ten to a penny in most pinds! Religion has become a pyramid scheme in some areas. The so-called mahapurush starts off the scheme by selecting a few trusted chelas who then fan out in the villages and outrageous claims about how the 'mahapurush' is such a great guy and how everything he says comes true. The chelas then select people under them who then get more and more people to follow the 'mahapurush'. They even arrange weekly trips from villages around the area to visit the 'mahapurush'.

Just one thing that's always bothered me. Why is it that real Mahapurushs never seem to recognise the cheats who claim also to be mahapurushs? I suppose someone will accuse me of sant ki nindya now!

You are quite right about the misuse of the word nindya.

Proactive, how dare u write this ? What do u think urself to be ?? This is the typical rant of someone who cannot do anything himself and slanders anyone who is superior to him. These type of posts only induce hatred towards real mahapurashs. The moderators shud watch people like proactive.

Man, u need to read Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Questioning the recognition capacity of a true mahapurash will land u straight in HELL. Its not worth talking or even replying to the posts of people like u. SHAME ON YOU! You dont have anything better to do with your time than question the judgement of the true mahapurashs. The moderators should ban you.

=============================================================

hahaha, pyare sweet veer Proactive, thats how the chellaaas ATTACK rational intelligent smart educated sikhs like you and try to damage your charrdi-kala.

good topic, i like to discuss the topic in depth with likes of harinder singh and proactive(old school friend) but i cannot discuss it being under moderation, it's like putting sher behind the bars and expect sher follow his natural instinct..it won't work. so all i can say stay diluted. here is my one liner response.

good topic, i like to discuss the topic in depth with likes of harinder singh and proactive(old school friend) but i cannot discuss it being under moderation, it's like putting sher behind the bars and expect sher follow his natural instinct..it won't work. so all i can say stay diluted. here is my one liner response.

Naamstang,

Are u trying to judge the moderators ? Who has given u the right to judge ?. This is the height of NINDIYAA. Havent u ever read Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Slandering fellow sikhs will land u straight in HELL. Do u have anything better to do than do nindiyaa of the moderators. The moderators shud ban u. There is so much nindiyaa happening on forums these days. I have got sick of it.

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why talk about other people in the first place? Life is too short and we have a long way to go yet before becoming 1 with Waheguru.

Gurbani is True, so what it says about nindya is also true. Nindya of anyone, Sant or not, is bad.

This topic has reminded me of a sakhi of Guru Nanak ji: ( a poor translation) Once Guru Ji was resting and had taken a stone as a pillow. Some people passing by said," look - he thinks he's better than everyone else, he is using a pillow." Guru Ji heard this and removed the stone. The people then said, "so much anger! does he think he's a saadh now..."

inMdw BlI iksY kI nwhI mnmuK mugD krMin ]

It is not good to slander anyone, but the foolish, self-willed manmukhs still do it.

muh kwly iqn inMdkw nrky Goir pvMin ]6]

The faces of the slanderers turn black, and they fall into the most horrible hell. ||6||

o kaka balli theek aa sab jo tu krh reha

astpadi ta sare hi keh dinde han ninda wali per je ena hi sure aa tu ta pehla ede arth v sun la te fer himmat hoyi ta apni gal dobara kahi santa mahapursha te una de chelea bare

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/0...hya_Part_39.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/0...hya_Part_40.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/0...hya_Part_41.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/0...hya_Part_42.mp3