Readymade Turbans Online......

Guest _DAS_

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sheena

I just had an argument with a hindu guy who thought readymade turban was a good buisness idea. On my saying that this is disrespectful -he insisted his cut surd friend in San Ramon buys one and wears it on special occasions. I asked him politely to not judge other dastaar sikhs the same way. There turban is a matter of pride and not just a topi or hat. So please kesdhaari or non-keshdhaari sikhs - please don't make your turban just a piece of clothing. Request from a proud sikhni.

I totally agree that a ready made turban is not for a Sikh.

How do we make sure that such nonsense does not infiltrate future generations that may not know better if they grow up with this?

We do that by courageously and tactfully being bold about what the debate should be about. The debate should be about trimming being completely absurd and counter to sikhi. The debate should be about the asinine act of wearing a baseball cap while representing sikh brothers and sisters. Tact requires that we separate the act from the people. Many people are misled or never had the opportunity to know better. We seem to be afraid of some kind of osama-effect, hence we don't speak up about proper style, etiquette and respect. A Sikh needs to have the graceful fighting ability to know how to get past obstacles to speak up and stick up for Sikhi.

Sikhs need to focus on education and wisdom and speak up against what is ignorant and boorish.

• 7 months later...
Guest P Singh

SSA Ji,

We have been watching few posts in different websites which shows SIKH people are really confused about the Turbans. Their most Common question is "Where to buy Turbans". Although turbans are available in shops all around the world however in order to serve the community we have opened a user friendly website where users can buy Turbans of their choices. The turbans will be delivered by Royal Mail, free of charge. Taking this into consideration we are hoping to serve our Sikh community as best we can.

Give us a chance to serve the Sikh of Waheguru.

WGJKK WGJKF

WWW.Turban-Online.Com

WWW.Turbancentre.com (under construction)

• 1 year later...

There are numerous places selling "ready to wear" turbans. I gather tying the turban is an important part of wearing the turban and all Sikhs should tie their turban...but their are people who call themselves Sikhs who wear ready tied or stitched turbans because they havent always got time to wind it properly.

I suppose this is similar to Christians who call themselves Christians and follow some of the beliefs but fail to attend Church regularly or don't fully comply with the rules of their Church.

Maybe all Religions have followers who have become complacent or lazy and dont fulfill their full obligations. This will obviously offend the more stricter members of the religion, but I think it is still better than not belonging to the religion at all.

Who the hell is selling these turbans ???

These should NOT be confused with sikh dastaar. There are many other faiths and cultures that wear different types of turbans or I would call it headwear, BUT these should not be confused with a tied up sikh turban.

These 'genie' style turbans are probably for theatre and actors as such, they are not to go with your Khakkar of khes.

A sikh with the 5 k's cannot use alternatives, otherwise he is NOT a sikh khalsa because it is not the real khakkar.

This also goes for sikhs that wear a 'Gold karra'- You can wear one as an extra, but it shouldn't replace your original khakker

Who the hell is selling these turbans ???

These should NOT be confused with sikh dastaar. There are many other faiths and cultures that wear different types of turbans or I would call it headwear, BUT these should not be confused with a tied up sikh turban.

These 'genie' style turbans are probably for theatre and actors as such, they are not to go with your Khakkar of khes.

A sikh with the 5 k's cannot use alternatives, otherwise he is NOT a sikh khalsa because it is not the real khakkar.

This also goes for sikhs that wear a 'Gold karra'- You can wear one as an extra, but it shouldn't replace your original khakker

Exactly!