Device To Record Kirtan At Gurdwara

Artmental

wjkk wjkf!

If you plan to record live from the Gurdwara, the best quality will only be achieved if you have access to 'audio-out' of the sound system at your Gurdwara Sahib. Ask Gyani ji if he can allow that. If yes, then as Techno_Singh suggested, get a mp3 player thats got a line-in recording facility, like my Samsung Yp-S5 - http://www.themp3company.co.uk/index.php?i...;product_id=378 .

If you just want to record off the speakers, even then its a good recorder (records direct to mp3 at upto 128 kbits, which is excellent for the audio source we are dealing with)

Hope this helps!

If you dont mind a setup, u can just use a laptop, as long as it has a mic (pink) input.

With regards to a mic, u can use a normal pc one.

I wouldn't rely too much on the Gurdwara's mic setup. If you record from a single mic, rather then all of them (if they are using like 3 mics) then the tabla for example won't come clear. Its best to use an external mic separately, so it covers all the different sounds such as vajan, tabla etc.