Kurehits

V

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This Q might be a bit stupid however I'll give it a shot tongue.gif

One of the Bajjir Kurehits is to take some 'nashe vali chiij' (can't spell it in English tongue.gif )

and another one is Cutting ones hair

now both are as much Kurehit as another

however I've noticed

lets say you're having an operation and you're usually given some drug, i.e Morphine

and you'd gladly take it (as you have to before an operation)

same goes with anti biotica if your sick or got some disease, you'll tak it

HOWEVER

If it is so that you are a victim of a Car Crash and you have to operate you brain, and for thta cut your Kesh,

Most of us on the board Will not do it.

Above 2 senarios are given

both are breaking a Bajir Kurehit

Both Kurehats are equallty bad

How come we tend to sacrifise the first one?

Is it because of our Unlimited amount of shaheeds in Sikhism, for kesh, showing the importance of kesh - or?

cause both senarios its for our own benifit

in the first one, we'd take the morphine or something

but Not cut kesh, and I confess I Probably wouldn't either, If I had the choice.

I'm not very sure my Question is coming our right

but do ask me to clearify If it doesn't make sense blush.gif

Bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This may not be the best answer, but i think usually for medical reasons, especially if its a matter of life and death, ppl do go ahead and do whats to be done. One can never know what lekha jokha one has to account for, and its Guruji who makes u go thru it Himself. Its all His will anyways, so don't worry much about it :umm: .

bhul chuk maaf if i said anything wrong, sangtaan plzz share ur inputs ^_^

Ok heres a kwik lil statement from me...

If, at any time, you commit a Kurehit then it should be for a good reason and i think the only good reason is if your life has value for the good of others. For example, if you are a soldier, fighting in battle and you are fighting to protect others, then u should do whatever it takes to stay alive basically. However, i dont think this applies to certain things which brings shame upon the panth.

I think we all have a role to play in life... whether it is for one person or a million. SO life is very valuable but leave it in His hand. People who have done in the past, have been the fortunate victims of miracles. There are so many scientific success stories in the news n that every day which even the scientists bow down to.

interesting scenarios, never thought a person in either situation would say no to it...

as for myself, I'm afraid of dying so there are some things I would willingly undergo even though it's against rehit maryada.

But I am no where close to a true Sikh so don't follow what I would do in those situations.

Although they were ex-communicated from the Panth :

Sukha and Jinda cut their hair before becoming shaheeds.

They were ranked in the top 10 hitlist by India's FBI police.

And they wanted to get General Vadiya back from invading the Golden Temple.

I still beileve they were shaheeds, and they should still be labelled as Sikhs.

They cut their hair, early that morning by themselves with a knife, and trimmed their dharis. Then went to the bank, handled their business and never cut their hair again. Even in jail they grew it back out, they asked for Amrit, but, like always some Sikhs argued against it, and they were not given Amrit.

I think if its for seva for the people, then a kurehit shouldnt matter.

Some people label eating ANY type of meat as a kurehit, yet Guru Gobind Singh Ji hunted meat when he HAD to.

proves that if it has to be done, you should do it for seva.

so guru ji did eat meat in the jungles?

u no, thats kind dangerous 4 sum1 like sukha n jinda singh 2 cut their hair jus 2 cover up. they were gonna get caught, n besides death coms 2 all nywayz. i guess the indian jails wud turn down a sikhs request. but i guess they had a reason, not as thought they sed "i dont wanna b khalsa eva again!"

can u c panj payre comin 2 a jail? has it eva happened?

bhol chuke muaff