Cong Accuses Bjp Of 'saffronizing' Army

lsingh

Cong accuses BJP of 'saffronizing' Army

8 Nov 2008, 0316 hrs IST, TNN

Times of India

NEW DELHI: Congress on Friday accused the BJP of "saffronizing" the Army by inducing some of its officials to engage in terrorist activity like bomb

making to retaliate against the jihadi brand of violence.

Pointing an accusing finger in the wake of the arrest of Lt-Col Shrikant Prasad Purohit and Major (retd) Ramesh Upadhyay for their role in the Malegaon blast, the party claimed the BJP and its ideological allies had "infiltrated" a neutral institution like the Army to pursue its divisive agenda.

"The BJP must come clean on this issue shedding all camouflages and tell the country how many other institutions have been saffronized," Congress spokesman Abhishek Singhvi said. He claimed that the BJP had in the past used the HRD ministry and an educational organization like the NCERT to work on the minds of people holding sensitive positions. "Such institutions being targeted by the BJP are the basis of our democracy," he said.

Singhvi alleged that pro-BJP elements had set up an outfit called 'Sankalp Sanstha' ostensibly to train Civil Service aspirants but actually to "brain-wash" future government officials. "We are proud of our Army and ashamed of those who are trying to infiltrate them," Singhvi said.

He, however, said that despite such attempts, the success of the saffronizing attempt was minimum because the institutions had withstood such manoeuvres. "Lt Col Purohit and Major Upadhyay represent a rare aberration," he said, pointing out that not many in the Army had been influenced by such a campaign.

Cong accuses BJP of 'saffronizing' Army

8 Nov 2008, 0316 hrs IST, TNN

Times of India

NEW DELHI: Congress on Friday accused the BJP of "saffronizing" the Army by inducing some of its officials to engage in terrorist activity like bomb

making to retaliate against the jihadi brand of violence.

Pointing an accusing finger in the wake of the arrest of Lt-Col Shrikant Prasad Purohit and Major (retd) Ramesh Upadhyay for their role in the Malegaon blast, the party claimed the BJP and its ideological allies had "infiltrated" a neutral institution like the Army to pursue its divisive agenda.

"The BJP must come clean on this issue shedding all camouflages and tell the country how many other institutions have been saffronized," Congress spokesman Abhishek Singhvi said. He claimed that the BJP had in the past used the HRD ministry and an educational organization like the NCERT to work on the minds of people holding sensitive positions. "Such institutions being targeted by the BJP are the basis of our democracy," he said.

Singhvi alleged that pro-BJP elements had set up an outfit called 'Sankalp Sanstha' ostensibly to train Civil Service aspirants but actually to "brain-wash" future government officials. "We are proud of our Army and ashamed of those who are trying to infiltrate them," Singhvi said.

He, however, said that despite such attempts, the success of the saffronizing attempt was minimum because the institutions had withstood such manoeuvres. "Lt Col Purohit and Major Upadhyay represent a rare aberration," he said, pointing out that not many in the Army had been influenced by such a campaign.

This news is so true. Its not just army but RSS is also infiltrating National Educational Institutes like IIT's, IIM's etc. Some of the professors belonging to RSS ideology brain-wash the hindu youth and induce hatred against muslims. I had a professor who tried to brain wash me that sikhs are hindus and sikhs are meant to fight muslims. But I gave him the appropriate answers and he had to shut up, but some of the delhi bhapas wearing patkis used to do chamcha-giri of that professor.

RSS people realize that a civil war is coming in India and army and police have to be infiltrated.

Sikhs need to japp naam, TRUST ONLY GURU SAHIB.

This news is so true. Its not just army but RSS is also infiltrating National Educational Institutes like IIT's, IIM's etc. Some of the professors belonging to RSS ideology brain-wash the hindu youth and induce hatred against muslims. I had a professor who tried to brain wash me that sikhs are hindus and sikhs are meant to fight muslims. But I gave him the appropriate answers and he had to shut up, but some of the delhi bhapas wearing patkis used to do chamcha-giri of that professor.

RSS people realize that a civil war is coming in India and army and police have to be infiltrated.

true said bai ji.. myself m passout of top engg institute of india.. my hindu profrs always harassed me .. until i wore a dumala ..lol and took ma gatra out of my jeans(earlier i used to keep it under ma clothes).. amd always unduely favoured a bhapa from ludhiana wearing a patki

true said bai ji.. myself m passout of top engg institute of india.. my hindu profrs always harassed me .. until i wore a dumala ..lol and took ma gatra out of my jeans(earlier i used to keep it under ma clothes).. amd always unduely favoured a bhapa from ludhiana wearing a patki

I wont use the word hindu profs. Some of my hindu profs were really nice people. But there were some who were affiliated with RSS and had their duties to perform. They were the trouble makers. I had a GREAT professor from Bengal. He was a gem of a person and respected sikhs more than he respected bengalis.

Anyways, I hope u are doing well with ur career as the the financial crisis is ruining the career of young pass outs. People getting laid off every day.

I wont use the word hindu profs. Some of my hindu profs were really nice people. But there were some who were affiliated with RSS and had their duties to perform. They were the trouble makers. I had a GREAT professor from Bengal. He was a gem of a person and respected sikhs more than he respected bengalis.

Anyways, I hope u are doing well with ur career as the the financial crisis is ruining the career of young pass outs. People getting laid off every day.

bai ji wat do u say if u top in a xam and teacher still gives u C grade and people gettin lower marks get A.. wen u make a complaint.. they say "Mr Singh u dont deserve any A" i wonder if gettin highest marks in a subject is not d way to get an A, den wat is it??

well definately all five fingers of u r hand r not equal.. all my frnds r hindus, and non punjabies.. and they r real gems..

bai ji wat do u say if u top in a xam and teacher still gives u C grade and people gettin lower marks get A.. wen u make a complaint.. they say "Mr Singh u dont deserve any A" i wonder if gettin highest marks in a subject is not d way to get an A, den wat is it??

well definately all five fingers of u r hand r not equal.. all my frnds r hindus, and non punjabies.. and they r real gems..

Veer, these type of things happen everywhere. My mother is a professor in PAU, Ludhiana and some of the turbaned professors treat the hindu guys(from south india or bengal) in a pretty wrong manner as well.. apne bande ve ghat nahin hai..

I have heard from my colleagues that in Aligarh university, hindu students are treated badly by some of the muslim professors. But these type of things shud not happen in National institutes like Aiims, IIT, IIM, but sadly RSS is infiltrating here too.

Malegaon Blasts

Trail leads to Hindutva laboratory

Spotlight turns on hardcore elements in VHP

Shiv Kumar

Tribune News Service

Mumbai, November 9

Investigators probing last September’s bomb blasts in Maharashtra’s Malegaon town have discovered the involvement of senior activists belonging to Vishwa Hindu Parishad based in Gujarat. The spotlight has now turned on the hardcore elements in the VHP who have been accused of fomenting communal violence against Christian tribals in Gujarat’s communally sensitive Dangs district, known as the laboratory for Hindutva in the state.

According to sources some of the hardcore activists of the VHP were beginning to feel suffocated as the government of Gujarat leaned on the organisation’s leadership in the face of continued criticism. A section of the VHP felt that the spate of bomb blasts by Islamic organisations like the Indian Mujahideen called for some drastic action.

Activists of the Abhinav Bharat, who are being investigated for carrying out the Malegaon blasts, managed to sway a number of VHP leaders in Dangs, including Swami Ashimanand Maharaj of Sabridham. The controversial Swami is behind the Sabri Maha Kumbh organised in the district more than two years ago the run up for which saw scores of churches in the district being burnt and Christian tribals rendered homeless.

The Narendra Modi government that has since been trying to adopt a moderate face has been acting tough on such activities much to the discomfiture of the VHP leaders. Police officials here say that Abhinav Bharat activists, including Lt Col Shrikant Purohit and Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, had been meeting with several VHP middle-level leaders to create a parallel organisation with a militant approach to Hindutva.

Word of their activities was common knowledge among leaders of the Sangh Parivar in western India, according to sources. Reports say some sort of rapprochement between VHP leaders like Pravin Togadia and Abhinav Bharat’s leaders like Lt Col Purohit and Sameer Kulkarni were also sought to be effected.

However, after the arrest of Sadhvi Pragya and the others, RSS leaders are downplaying their organisation’s link with Abhinav Bharat.

The police has already questioned a senior Pune-based RSS leader in this regard.

Swami Ashimanand Maharaj at whose ashram in Dangs Sadhvi Pragya and others are said to have a meeting is absconding. However, the arrest of the Swami’s close associate Sunil Dhawde two days ago is expected to shed light about his whereabouts.

Investigators are also probing the possible involvement of Abhinav Bharat’s activists in the bomb blast at Nanded on April 6, 2006. The blast at the residence of a local RSS activist Lakshman Rajkondawar killed his son Naresh and another person named Himanshu while four others were seriously injured. All of them were said to be assembling bombs in the premises.