Sikh Terrorist Still Here Despite Order To Leave

Guest militant singh

Guest militant singh

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...61-1482904451f8

dis fat cow needz to be sued by Sikhz dwn Canada,alwyz shws us as terrorists prbz on da indian/baman govt payroll

Sikh terrorist still here despite order to leave

Deportation order 8 years old; man claims temple supported him

Kim Bolan, Vancouver Sun

Published: Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Sikh terrorist living in Surrey despite an eight-year-old deportation order claims he has survived all this time on payments from people at the Guru Nanak Sikh temple, according to documents obtained by the The Vancouver Sun.

Forty-two-year-old Baljit Ram, identified as a Babbar Khalsa member, went underground for almost a decade and only came to the attention of the Canada Border Services Agency when he was stabbed near Surrey Central SkyTrain on Sept. 30.

Border services enforcement officer Joe Carlson interviewed Ram at Royal Columbian Hospital where he was taken for treatment, the documents say.

Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly

Font:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Ram told Carlson that "he worked at the temple in Surrey at 72nd and Scott Road," one report says. "He said he got money from people at the temple when he did volunteer work."

But temple president Balwant Singh Gill said Ram's claim is fictitious.

"He is lying. I have never seen him around. I don't even know who this guy is," Gill said Friday. "No volunteer person at the temple gets paid money. We don't give money to anyone like that."

Gill said he was shocked that someone linked to a banned terrorist group is claiming to attend the moderate temple, which has taken a strong stance against militancy.

In fact, the temple will host a memorial service Sunday to mark the 10th anniversary of the assassination of journalist Tara Singh Hayer, gunned down after writing critically against the Babbar Khalsa.

Gill also said he was surprised to learn that an Immigration and Refugee Board decided to release Ram again on a $5,000 bond, given the man had failed to show up for his deportation back in 2000.

Gill said many in the Sikh community are talking about Ram's case, revealed in The Sun on Thursday.

The new documents obtained Thursday say Ram arrived at Vancouver International Airport on May 3, 1998, "and was issued a departure order."

"Ram subsequently made a refugee claim which was found to be not credible. As well Ram was identified as a member of the Babbar Khalsa (War Crimes case,)" one document says.

While Ram failed to report for deportation more than eight years ago and did not tell Canadian officials where he was, an arrest warrant for him was not issued until February 2008.

"Since receiving the not credible decision from the IRB in May 2000, there has been no contact or information on Ram. Checks of all regular indices have proved negative," the warrant request says, with x's marked in boxes suggesting searches were done of databases of the Motor Vehicle Branch, Telus, welfare and police.

"I am requesting issuance of this warrant to assist in the location and detention of Ram so that his CBSA file may proceed as normal."

Surrey RCMP accessed the warrant online after investigators were called out to Ram's stabbing.

Carlson then went to the hospital to formally arrest Ram and interview him.

"Subject says he only worked at the temple. He told me that he has not left Canada since he arrived," Carlson wrote.

"He told me he has not been in contact with Immigration for years and years. He remembers his hearing in 1998, but has not seen Immigration since. I told him there was a warrant for his arrest for removal and told him that I was arresting him."

Carlson said Ram was in okay "spirits during the interview in spite of the wounds and IVs in his arms."

"Subject had been stabbed several times and was bleeding from his left upper arm, right leg and shoulder," he said.

The Babbar Khalsa was banned as a terrorist group in Canada in June 2003. In March 2005, a judge found the B.C. branch of the terrorist group had plotted the 1985 Air India bombing that left 329 dead.

Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly

Font:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

CBSA media officer Shakila Manzoor said Thursday she could not say what the normal time frame would be before an arrest warrant was issued for someone who failed to show up for deportation.

She said it is the Immigration and Refugee Board that makes the final determination about whether someone will be held in custody, not the CBSA. But she also refused to comment specifically on Ram's case because of privacy laws.

kbolan@vancouversun.com

according to the laws of canada, Babbar Khalsa is a terrorist organization and anyone who is associated with it officially or non officialy is a terrorist. So I suggest to the sangat in canada to forget the name of babbar khalsa for the better of it, if they want to live in canada peacefully. simple is that.

Hindu man pretended to be Sikh to seek refuge in Canada

12 Nov 2008, 1343 hrs IST, IANS

TORONTO: A Hindu man, who came to Canada in 1998 on fake papers and lied about his links to Babbar Khalsa to seek refuge on grounds of religious

persecution in India, is in double trouble.

Because of his lies, he now fears both the Indian government and Babbar Khalsa.

Forty-two-year-old Baljit Ram told the Vancouver Sun Monday that he is a Hindu and lied about his religion to support his case against deportation to India.

He said he was told by his advisers to pretend to be a Babbar Khalsa member to persuade the Canadian authorities to grant him refugee status.

However, his case was rejected and he was ordered to be deported in 2000.

But Ram went underground and was noticed only this September when he was found stabbed at a subway station in Surrey on the outskirts of Vancouver.

On verification, police found that he had been ordered to be deported to India eight years ago, and that he also had an arrest warrant pending against him.

"I am Hindu," Ram was quoted as saying by the Vancouver Sun.

Like many Indians who land in Canada on fake papers and later seek refugee status citing persecution in India, Ram said he also lied to the Canadian authorities about his membership of Babbar Khalsa which is banned in India and Canada.

"First time I come, I lie and say I was Babbar Khalsa member. I wanted to stay here so I lied. Everybody who comes here, first day, everybody lie (and) say Babbar Khalsa party member or other story like this. I don't know Babbar Khalsa. I know nothing," he told the newspaper.

The newspaper wondered why the arrest warrant against Ram was issued only this January when he should have been deported in 2000.

The warrant document also identified him as a Babbar Khalsa member.

Pleading to be allowed to stay in Canada, he said, "If I go to India, I have problems. Police there (might) say, 'Hey you were lying there. Maybe you are a Babbar Khalsa member. Maybe (the) Babbar Khalsa party give me problem."

However, the newspaper quoted his lawyer as saying that Ram had claimed links to Babbar Khalsa while seeking review of his deportation order.

Ram said he has been living on allowances given by friends and a gurdwara for the past eight years. But the gurdwara has denied any links to him.

Man admits he lied about link to Babbar Khalsa group

Failed refugee also faked religious beliefs to sway immigration board

Kim Bolan, Vancouver Sun

Published: Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Failed refugee Baljit Ram says he lied about being a member of the Babbar Khalsa terrorist group to persuade Canadian authorities to let him stay in the country.

In fact, Ram told The Vancouver Sun Monday that he is not even a Sikh, but claimed to be one in order to have a compelling yarn for the Immigration and Refugee Board when he arrived in Canada illegally in 1998.

"I am Hindu," said Ram, who had been living underground for eight years until he was stabbed near the Surrey Central SkyTrain station Sept. 30.

"First time I come, I lie and say I was Babbar Khalsa member."

Ram said he was advised by friends to pretend to be with the Sikh militant group that had been fighting for Khalistan so he could prove persecution and be accepted as a refugee.

"I wanted to stay here so I lied. Everybody who comes here, first day, everybody lie [and] say Babbar Khalsa party member or other story like this," Ram said in broken English. "I don't know Babbar Khalsa. I know nothing."

After the 42-year-old surfaced because of the stabbing, police found an online warrant for his arrest.

The warrant was issued by the Canada Border Services Agency just this past January, even though Ram had not reported for his deportation back in 2000.

The warrant request document states that Ram was identified as Babbar Khalsa, a group banned in Canada in 2003. Ram was then interviewed at Royal Columbian hospital by a CBSA official, who did not say anything in his notes about Ram changing his story.

Asked if he told the CBSA agent he was originally lying, Ram said the man never asked during the meeting.

"There in the hospital, he never ask me there, 'Oh, are you terrorist?' Nothing," Ram said, adding that he believes he should now be allowed to stay in Canada.

"If I go to India, I have problems. Police there [might] say, 'Hey you were lying there. Maybe you are a Babbar Khalsa member,'" Ram said. "Maybe [the] Babbar Khalsa party give me problem."

Ram made the rounds of Punjabi language stations Monday, saying news reports in The Vancouver Sun quoting government documents linking him to the Babbar Khalsa are wrong.

He told The Sun he has not worked in the decade he has been in Canada, but lives on handouts from friends. He told the CBSA agent Sept. 30 that he had been paid by Surrey's Guru Nanak Sikh temple, something temple president Balwant Singh Gill adamantly denied.

Not only did Ram originally claim he was in the Babbar Khalsa, he reiterated that position when he sought a judicial review of the refugee board decision to the Federal Court of Canada in 2000, according to court files obtained from Ottawa Monday.

"The panel also had clear evidence that the applicant was involved in Babbar Khalsa and was arrested twice," Ram's Calgary lawyer Dalwinder Singh Hayer argued.

Hayer also said in court documents that Ram is definitely Sikh, despite the refugee board's ruling that Ram had Hindu tattoos.

"The applicant explained very clearly that he belongs to a sub-caste and is poorly educated," Hayer wrote. "It is respectfully submitted that the panel had no evidence that these two tattoos are of the Hindu faith."

The Federal Court ruled against Ram in October 2000.

In an interview from Calgary Monday, Hayer said he could not remember the case, but would review his files. He said he was surprised to learn Ram was now refuting what he had originally claimed in his refugee case.

The original IRB ruling on Ram was attached to the Federal Court file.

IRB members Anna Terrana and Paulah Dauns said in the May 8, 2000, decision that Ram lacked credibility and they doubted he was a Sikh or in the Babbar Khalsa party.

"The claimant's only notion of the Party is that they wanted to create a separate Khalistan and were prepared to kill in order to achieve their goal," the ruling said, pointing out that the Babbar Khalsa is "believed responsible for bombing Air-India flight from Montreal to India, killing 329. The claimant said he never heard about the bombing of the Air India airplane."

Sun’s “Sikh Terrorist’ Propaganda Blows Up In Its Face

Alleged Terrorist Baljit Ram Neither A Sikh Nor A Terrorist

The Vancouver Sun and its Reporter-with-an-Agenda should apologize to the Sikh community for the blatant disregard for journalistic ethics and bias towards the Sikh community in its ongoing anti-Sikh propaganda with big “TERRORISTS” headlines, when none of it was true. The LINK was the only media outlet to point out that their so-called terrorist Baljit Ram is a member of the Dalit community and not a Sikh as Sikhs don’t have a last name Ram. It turns out not only Ram is not a Sikh but is not a member of any terrorist group and only used the militant Babbar Khalsa affiliation as way to get refugee status. And the really funny thing is now Ram wants to use Babbar Khalsa in a different way to avoid deportation by saying that he faces threat to his life from the defunct Sikh militant group if he is deported to India. While it may seem like a comical soap opera, it has been used by the Sun to further tarnish the image of Sikhs in Canada. Ram’s fake story was exploited by the Sun and its rightwing affiliate the National Post to advance their anti-immigrant and anti-Sikh propaganda. It is nothing short of a WITCH-HUNT!

VANCOUVER – Last week, when Baljit Ram, a Dalit man facing deportation, got stabbed at a Surrey Skytrain station, the Vancouver Sun’s Reporter-With-An-Agenda ousted him as a Sikh “terrorist.”

Well this week, the rightwing newspaper had a different story that Ram was neither a Sikh nor a terrorist but had lied about it all. However, the Sun did not tender a correction or an apology to the Sikh community which it wrongfully labeled as terrorist in a number of previous week’s stories.

Ram was all over the Indo-Canadian media telling his story that he lied about everything to get a refugee status but soon declared that he will be using the results of his lies to stay in Canada, primarily that since he was outed as terrorist belonging to the now defunct militant Sikh outfit Babbar Khalsa, his life was in danger if he was sent back to India.

Talk about a comical soap opera, in which possibly Ram gets to stay in Canada (no one in Canada had cared much about this man till he became a victim but then was ousted as a dangerous criminal and then despite being a flight risk was allowed out on bail)!

But for the Sikh community, it has not been a laughing matter at all. The Vancouver Sun and its Reporter-with-an-Agenda should apologize to the Sikh community for the blatant disregard for journalistic ethics and bias towards the Sikh community in its ongoing anti-Sikh propaganda with big “TERRORISTS” headlines, when none of it was true.

The LINK was the only media outlet to point out that their so-called terrorist Baljit Ram is a member of the Dalit community and not a Sikh as Sikhs don’t have a last name Ram. This nonsensical propaganda has been used by the Sun to further tarnish the image of Sikhs in Canada. Ram’s fake story was exploited by the daily and its rightwing affiliate the National Post to advance their anti-immigrant and anti-Sikh propaganda. It is nothing short of a WITCH-HUNT!

We reported last week that Ram’s story is another example of the Rightwing media turning a simple story of another screw-up by the incompetent Canada Border Services Agency, for failing to do their job of deporting people, into another overblown “terrorist” piece.

We also pointed out that the shameful thing is that the reporter didn’t even given the whole story of Ram’s alleged offences as a suspected member of the Babbar Khalsa, which doesn’t even exist in Canada anymore.

“And it is no coincidence that the spin on Ram’s case as well as the story on the “racist” Canadian Immigration questionnaire, intended to target Sikhs and Muslims in India applying to visit Canada, is coming on the same week as Sikhs remember the victims of 1984 in Delhi. It is interesting to note that the Vancouver Sun never does any story on the 1984 massacre of Sikhs in India while it continues to over blow the propaganda against Sikhs,” the LINK wrote.

It’s spin always is that Sikhs are terrorists and even when they are victims, as in the case of the 84 massacre of Sikhs as well as other cases of racism and racially-motivated assault, it is only worth reporting if they have a suspected terrorist past!

According to news reports, Ram arrived in Canada in 1998, then vanished in 2000 when his refugee claim was denied. On September 30, Ram was stabbed at the Surrey-Central SkyTrain station. When RCMP officers responded, they discovered through information obtained from the victims that he was facing a deportation order.

The RCMP initially kept a watch over Ram and then passed the victim over to unarmed CBSA officials, who upon learning that he was on a “terrorist list” refused to do dangerous work – which in this case involved taking into custody an injured man lying on a hospital bed, who had been STABBED!

WHAT A CRUEL JOKE THESE CBSA BONEHEADS ARE AND THOSE WHO ARE ACTUALLY REPORTING THIS NONSENSE AS SOME BIG “TERRORIST” NEWS!

http://www.thelinkpaper.ca/index.php?subac...cat=1&cat=1

Racist Media Using Misinformation And Lies In Anti-Sikh Propaganda

Vancouver Sun and its Reporter-with-an-Agenda made more big “terrorist” headlines on a story about a poor “shmuck”, who got stabbed and then was declared a “Sikh terrorist.” The Reporter-with-an-Agenda has been reporting on the Sikh community since the 1980's and has enough knowledge about Sikh religion to know that person with last name Ram is not a Sikh but she still made it as big “Sikh terrorist” story anyways. And it’s a disgrace how our so-called Sikh moderate leaders play into western media's hands and contribute to these negative news stories. The Sikh community should seek an apology from the Sun.

Dear Editor:

I was very disappointed to see the recent negative and misleading news stories made by the western news media about our community. I agree with you that it was an incompetence case of CBSA but the racist media presented as a big Sikh terrorist story. Even the accused Baljeet Ram has publicaly declared that he is not a Sikh, don't know anything about Babbar Khalsa or terrorist activities and just followed the advice of travel agent to declare himself as a terrorist and claim refugee status. His claim wasn't accepted and was ordered to be deported in 2000. But all these years CBSA didn't make any effort to find him and deport him. According to Baljeet Ram he wasn't even in hiding all these years. In fact he was charged earlier for drunk driving but the police or CBSA didn't take any action about his deportation case. Now he was recently stabbed and hospitalised. Again he was released for $5000 security deposit. But the Vancouver Sun and its Reporter-with-an-Agenda Kim Bolan made it a big Sikh terrorist front page story. She has been reporting on the Sikh community since the 1980's and has enough knowledge about Sikh religion to know that person with last name Ram is not a Sikh but she still made it as big Sikh terrorist story anyways. She has been writing negative news about Sikhs all these years and didn't want to miss this opportunity either. It is very unfortunate that Vancouver Sun always likes to write only the negative news stories about Sikh and Indo-Canadian community. There are lots of good positive things being done by our community but don't see Vancouver Sun write about the good things being done by our community. Just recently the Sikh Community remembering the victims of 1984 massacre organised blood donation camps all over BC and donated lots of blood to the Red Cross society but the Vancouver Sun failed to write about this contribution by our community. And there have many cases where our community raise funds for hospitals or charities, organise food donations for homeless and poor people but unfortunately Vancouver Sun ignore all these good things being done by our community and don't write these good news stories but jump and make big headlines only when there is something negative against our community.

Another thing that bothers me a lot is to see our so-called moderate leaders play into western media's hands and contribute to these negative news stories. They think that it is only against the fundamentalists. But one thing they don't understand is that the ordinary Canadian who read these negative news stories about our community doesn't know the difference between moderate or fundamentalists and whenever they see these negative news headlines they look at all the Indo-Canadians in a negative way. That is why in a survey printed by Vancouver Sun last year the general public felt that 66% of the crimes here are committed by the Indo-Canadians because they see so many negative stories by the news media. Therefore I'll request to our so-called moderate leaders to talk to their friendly media reporters and ask them why they don't write the good positive news stories about our community. We need fair news reporting in the western news media and only then the common general public will have better and fair perception about our community.

Kanwal jit Singh Gill

Surrey, BC

http://www.thelinkpaper.ca/index.php?subac...cat=3&cat=3