Dasam Granth And 8 Compositions

guptveer1469

Bhaguti Astotar, and Uggardanti can be found in some birs of the Dasam Granth held at the takhats.

Others are Sukhmana Sahib. There are many different works of Sri GUru Gobind Singh Ji in the puratan birs of the Dasam Granth.

The Version we see today is based on the Sri Dasam Granth from Patna sahib which was agreed around 100 years ago. so the others writings are still believed to be of Dri Guru Gobind Singh Ji but do not make up the body of the Dasam GRanth

Kam bhaji,

Do you think Sodhak Committee did right by deleting those compositions?

Shouldn't rehitvaan singhs gather once again and discuss if it could be possible to put all these compositions togheter into Dasam Granth...

But i dont know contenct of those compositions..

Ill post the names of those 8 banis shortly..

and kam brother, can you please give more information on the Pooranmashi Katha and Mukat Marg Granth, which u once said, are Guru Gobind Singh ji's writing...

Veer 'Inder Singh' has written in one of his posts that birs of Sri Dasam Granth of 1696,97 are present in USA. These birs can be used to check the compositions. I have this STRONG BELIEF that Sri Dasam Granth was NOT compiled by Bhai Mani Singh. Sri Dasam Granth was compiled by Dashmesh Pita and existed before 1699(before the formation of Khalsa).

These are the 8 Compositions deleted by the Sodhak Comittee.

1. Sansahar Sukhmana – It has 43 stanzas..

2. Vaar Malkauns – 11 pauris, Nanak Jo Prabh Bhawangey, Harji Harmandar Awangey.

3. Vaar Bhagauti Ji Ki – Different from Vaar Durga Ki – Bhagat Bhagauti Tis Ki, Jo Jan Dhir Dhre

4. Sri Bhagwat Gita Bhakha Sri Gobind Singh Kirt - translation and commentary of the Bhagavad Gita and how Maharaj saw the composition. It talks about the Khalsa warriors and the warriors in Krishnas army and other things. There is however doubt regarding the author. It starts with "Ik Oankaar Sri Waheguru ji ki fateh pahshahi 10" but the writing style seems more similiar to one of the court poets than that of Akal Ustat or Bachitar Natak, etc.

5. Raag Asa & Raag Sorith Patshahi Dasvin

6. Asfotak Kabits (Published by Randir Singh in Dasam Granth at

Punjabi University)

7. Majh Patshahi Dasvin

8. Chakka Bhagauti Ji Ka

Unfortunately i do not have the knowledge to state what should and should not be kept in the Sri Dasam Granth. i do think that Uggardanti is an ntersting scripture along with the Gobind Gita which i have....

My scanner is not owrking so am slowly typing up the Pooranmashi and Mukat Marag for you. Its going to take some time though

Oh thanks veerji..

Veerji, but could you jus give more info on history of Mukat MArg GRanth and Pooranmashi Katha..

And also why do u find Gobind Gita and Uggardanti interesting? lol just want to know.. I mean any particular reason?

Anybody can highlight the points of Sodhak Comittee here? IN english please

Whats the point of knowing when one doesn't even know/understand punjabi? (pls don't mind me saying that). Point is one got to be real good in the language the granth/history is written up with. One has to do his/her own research, read books and then come upto their own conclusion. We/You cannot understand the whole issue by looking at the opinions of any random person.. like dentist js mann..

Veera im fluent in speaking punjabi.. But i learned reading punjabi by myself like 2 years ago.. But havent any practise.. So i can read it but i get struck sometimes n stuff

so please dont think im illiterate in punjabi and also that sodhak comittee is a old document, i coudltn read a single line with all those broken letters.. :(

so i find it easier to read the report in english

Im sure at the time the gursikhs did the research they were rbabaly more gyaanvaan and rehatvaan singhs than that now, why redo all the research and then 10 years later somme new kala afgana and darshan singh comes along and challenges everything, do abhiyaas concentrate on bani and get anand. Whats the point on going into all of this stuff, we ent scholars, we ent even gursikhs as per guru sahibs descritpion.

chal acha then

thats just because, inder singh, in some thread said that he had the Vaar Malkauns Ki which was deleted, and found nufing objectionably about it

since he is quite knowledgable on dasam granth, i thought to do more research.. so i asked these questions.. sorry if i offended anyone...