Rensbhai Kirtan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the first time Willenhall committee have acted like this i rememebr a few years ago they did the same thing then.

Before the Rehansbhia began the stage secretary was talkin and a few memebers of the committee started setting up the mics for the kirtan. Bhai Tarlochan singh Got up and asked them to put the speaker stands onthe floor so that more sangat can sit on the stage. The stage sec started slandering saying that you must do kirtan on the stage and not on the floor. When Bhai Tarlochan singh tired to speak they swithced the MIC off. He then jumped on stage and explained to the sangat that all he requested was that the Mic stands be put on the floor and then extend them out onto the stage so we can get more people on the stage. You should have seen the look on the faces of the 3 guys they looked like idiots.

I personally think Bhai Tarlochan SIngh handeled it very well otherwise it could have become nasty

The only thing the stage sec kept saying was this is our gurdwara you have to do what we say we are in charge. What he doesnt realise is Guru ji is in charge but there ego makes them think they are in charge.

From the reaction of the committe it would be apparent that this was planned by them thinking the jatha will want to do kirtan on the floor.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

lets not get confused. They DID NOT want to do kirtan on the floor and were perfectly accepting to do kirtan on the stage. The issue began from a mere request to enable more snagat to sit on the stage to join in with the kirtan.

It got pretty intense when a bunch of them started shouting "Just do as we say". Even the guy doing prashaad the seva came over to say his piece (totally unneccesary). I'm surprised AKJ actually went onto do kirtan, I would've thought they would just walk out the room.

I agree total disrepect, nobody thought for one second where they were or what they were saying. Total hunkar.

I also think it got pretty childish when they started snatching the mics from one another. Lets put it this way, you won't see an AKJ programme at Willenhall for a long time.

But just to reiterate: (forgive my lack of knowledge of names)

AKJ guy wanted mics on floor

Willenhall stage secretary misunderstood his request to be to do kirtan on the floor

And so it went on, for quite a while (atleast 10 minutes)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use