*** Annual Barsi Of Brahm Giani Baba Thakur Singh Jee

Bhai Ajaib Singh now living in America. When he was Mehta, he never used to go in the Darbar to listen to Katha. He used to walk around the Dera and recite Gurbani and listen to Katha at the same time from the speakers. One day Baba Ji saw him and asked him that why doesn’t he go in the Darbar to listen to Katha. Bhai Ajaib Singh told Baba Ji that the reason is that he enjoys walking around listening to Katha and reciting Gurbani at the same time, he said that he found it more peacefull. Baba Ji then asked him if he knew what Maharaj Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says, Bhai Ajaib Singh went quiet. Baba Ji then said a Pangti to him, which was :

syeI suMdr sohxy // swDsMig ijn bYhxy //

“They alone are beautiful and attractive , Who abide in the sadh sangat, the company of the Holy”

Baba Ji then said, who ever sits in Sangat are sohne, Baba Ji then told Bhai Ajaib Singh to start sitting in the Darbar to do Sangat.

from damdamitaksaal.com

post-994-1228394444_thumb.jpg

The great and charasmatic, Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa, once again returns to the forefront of our minds at this time of the year. 24th December 2004 was the day when they returned to their home and ascended to their heavenly abode of Sachkhand. It's difficult for me to speak about the Jeevan of Babaji, just thinking about them brings tears of joy and bairaag to my mind. I do not know of any Singh, let alone Taksali who did not have pyaar for Babaji and if they didnt, then they were to hankaari themselves to allow Babaji's Jeevan affect them. Anyways... I'm not here to write about hankaari people, or people that have let Babaji's Bachan go awry. I want to give my testimonial to the Jeevan of a Pooran Brahmgyani, who touched my heart when they spoke to me and who gave me a second glance.

To be honest, my time spent with Babaji are not really suitable enough to be shared in the public domain, there are somethings that have more value when they are reserved for the correct occassion. However, there are somethings that I saw which cannot be denied discussion. The first time I saw Babaji was an amazing sight... what seemed like a frail and old man, was someone who had a look of determination, their eyes spoke words so that their lips didnt have to. An aura of Piousness with the sense of Humilty. When they recieved the Siropaa from the Gurdwara Saahib, they humbly lowered themselves and gracefully accepted the Scarf of Acknowledgement on behalf of their Jathedar - Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.

It's hard for us mere mortals to understand the mentality of someone who as One with Akaal Purakh, the way they talk, walk, carry themselves are all beyond us. How can an 80 year old man walk with his head in his hand? How can a father and son fight over who is to be shot by Guroo Gobind Singh's Gun? How can a man have his scalp removed, but still live longer than his executor? They all happen because they are One with the Lord.

If someone truly is a Brahmgyani - a knower of God, then how can we think twice about their actions? Some people argue that only a Brahmgyani can know a Brahmgyani, although to a certain extent I agree, I also believe that Guroo Saahib will reveal a Brahmgyani to the Sangat. Guroo Saahib themselves says that the They abide within Sangat "Mil Satsangat Khoj Dasaaee Vich Sangat Har Prabh Vasai Jeeo..."

So... if Guroo Saahib says that Akaal Purakh abides within the Satsangat then that means when the sangat comes together they form Brahmgyan... which leads me to believe that they would then be able to recognise a Pooran Brahmgyani.

People will continue to debate whether Santji's in Charrdeekalaa or if they are shaheed... regardless of what 'people' believe... Mahapurakh Brahmgyani Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa gave the Bachan that Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale WILL return and WILL finish the Morcha. Until then... Bani Paro, Amrit Chakko, Singh Sajo...

Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa Tribute Video

Jathedaar

Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji Bhandranwale

196_JATHEDHAR.jpg

Sri Maan (most honourable) Sant Giani Sundar Singh ji was born at amrit vela (ambrosial hours, 2am - 5am), village Bhindran Kalan, state Firozpur, in the year 1883. Their fathers name was Baba Khajaan Singh and their mothers name Bibi Mehtab Kaur.

At the age of 6-7 years, his parents who practiced the path of Gursikhi, gave him the duty to milk the buffalos and cows. This was so they could learn and understand the teaching from Guru Ji:

Gwil Kwie ikCu hQhu dyie ]

One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has.

(Ang 1245, Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

Their father at the same time taught them the banis of: Panj Granthi, Baaee Vaaraa(n), Bhagat Bani, and Das Granthi. Around the age of 9-10 years they were taught how to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji correctly, and became an Akhand Paat(h)ee by the efforts of their father. It was at this time they joined the Khalsa Panth by taking Amrit from Panj Pyare. Until the age of 17 years they stayed at home learning the understanding of Gurbani and developing their practice of Sikhi.

At the age of 18 Sant Giani Sundar Singh ji left home after doing an Ardas (supplication prayer) to Guru Ji for an improvement in their Sikhi and for increased understanding of Gurbani. After having the sangat (company) of many Gursikhs and spiritualists they came to the sangat of Baba Bishan Singh Ji at Murale. It was here where they gained the complete understanding of Gurbani (Brahm Gian), this being done within two years.

Before Sant Bishan Singh Ji ascended to Sach Khand (Higher spiritual plane of nether world) they gave Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji the chance to ask for anything they wanted, as they had spent their time at Murale doing selfless service. They replied without any ego, "it is up to you to decide" what you grace me with. Sant Bishan Singh Ji declared that they should for the rest of their life preach the word of Guru Ji, teach the sangat the meanings of Gurbani so they may join the path of the Khalsa. By doing this, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Ji and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji would forever look over you, they added. On the 13th day in the month of Maagh, 1962 Bikramee, 1905 eesvee, Sant Bishan Singh Ji themselves tied the dastar of Damdami Taksal around the head of Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji Bhindranwale.

To make true the final words of Sant Bishan Singh Ji, they preached the word of Guru Ji, continuously touring around India. They guided people onto the path of the Khalsa helping them avoid the falsehoods in the world. Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji would forever keep themselves in the remembrance of Guru Ji, and whenever they would do Katha they would bring peace to the listeners. One day while they were doing Gurbani Katha, by the grace of Guru Ji a miracle occurred, Amrit (nectar) started dripping from a corner of the 'chandoaa' (canopy). The sangat at the Gurdwara noticed this and one or two even tried the Amrit and experienced a great sweetness.

To their students they made it known that as well as being efficient in understanding Gurbani and forever remembering Guru Ji, everybody should be efficient in Shastar vidiaa. They would say that each Sikh should be able to defend and protect the needy. They felt it was necessary that every Sikh should follow the command of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji of being true Saint-Soldiers.

They did much to promote the 5 K's (Kes, Kacchera, Kirpan, Kanga, Kara) they stated that they are not merely uniform, but on the contrary they are there to develop our outer physical practice of Sikhi and our inner, thought processes. The wearing of the 5 K's is the command of the Guru, obeying this command many Sikhs have flourished in their Sikhi and will do so in the future.

Even though they became quite ill to a long-term illness in 1929 AD, Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji forever remained in high spirits. They continually remained in full concentration of Guru Ji at all times. They passed on the selfless service of continuing Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Damdami Taksal to one of their students Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa.

Within the command of Guru Ji, on 15th February 1930 AD, in the village of Boparai at Gurdwara Sachkhand, while listening to the kirtan of Asa Di // at around 8:15am they left the world for the charan of Guru Sahib.

In their time they completed the Katha of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 21 times. While completing their seva they had about 1300 students, of whom 1000 became Akhand Paat(h)ees, 200 became preachers, and 100 katha vaachiks. Sant ji paid for all the costs incurred by their students. Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji spent all their life in the selfless service of the Khalsa Panth

Sant Baba Bishan Singh Murewale and Sant Baba Sundar Singh Ji's Dib Drishtee

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

sbbishansj.jpg

One time Sri Maan Sant Baba Bishan Singh Ji Muralewale the 10th jathedhar of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s Taksal was walking and he came across one of his students Sant Baba Sundar Singh ji who was doing tapasaya in kapli asan (posture)

Sant Ji’s head was on the floor towards the earth and his feet were high in the air cross legged.

Sant Baba Bishan Singh Ji Muralewale asked Sant Baba Sundar Singh Ji, ‘what are you doing?’

Sant Baba Sundar Singh Ji replied, ‘I don’t know what to do, but wherever I look I see Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. Which ever direction I put my feet in, there I see Guru Nanak Dev Ji. I don’t know where to put my feet, so I sit in this position’.

sbsundarsj.jpg

Sant Baba Bishan Singh Ji Muralewale replied, ‘Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj is extremely pleased by your recitation of Sri Jap ji sahib and your Dib Drishtee(celestial vision) has fully opened.'

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

Great Gurmukhi Jeevan Of Baba Khazaan Singh Jee (father of sant sunder singh jee)

scan0067.jpg

For quite sometime I wanted to write the Gurmukhi jeevan of Baba Khazaan Singh, the father of Sant Sunder Singh Bhindranwalay (11th Jathedhar of Guru Ji's Damdami Taksal). Sant Sunder Singh jee Bhindranwaalay was a great Gursikh who led an exemplary life, did massive parchaar of Sikhi, inspired countless to take amrit and taught Gurbani and Gurbani meanings to countless students, in his short life of 42 years or so. While many have heard about the Gurmukhi life of Sant Sunder Singh jee, few are aware of how great his father was. This is a feeble attempt by this insect to write something on the great life of Baba Khazaan Singh jee.

This is based on Dr Sher Singh's book on Sant Sunder Singh, Sant Gurbachan Singh's coverage of Sant Sunder Singh's life and oral narrations from Gursikhs from time to time.

SANT_GIANI_SUNDER_SINGH_JI_KHALSA.JPG

Baba Khazaan Singh was the middle son of Baba Makhan Singh the grandfather of Sant Sunder Singh jee. Here are some highlights of Baba jee's jeevan:

1) Baba jee was a simple farmer who worked hard to earn bread for his family. He was from village Bhinder Kalan in Ferozepur district of Punjab.

2) Baba jee was extremely honest. He never let even a grain not belonging to him, come to his home. While working in his fields, he used to constantly do Naam Simran and Gurbani paath.

3) He got married to a very Gurmukhi bibi Mata Taab Kaur jee. She was not educated but due to her husband's satsangat, she developed keen interest and love for Gurbani.

4) Baba jee had great urge to have darshan of Guru Sahib. In year 1887, a year before the birth of Sant Sunder Singh jee, at the time of Avtaar Purab of Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee, Baba jee decided to go all out for darshan of Guru Sahib. He committed to doing strict amritvela and doing one Siri Sukhmani Sahib standing on one leg, 3 hours and 45 minutes before sunrise. Just few days had passed while engaging in day night paath like this that Baba jee was hit with extreme Bairaag. He gave up all interest in world and started doing bhajan day and night. At the behest of some gursikhs, who asked him to come in Sehaj Avastha, he started taking care of his worldly duties again.

5) Before the birth of Sant Sunder Singh, Baba jee did 36 lakh (3.6 million) jaap of Mool Mantr.

6) Later in his life he did 125,000 jaap of Siri Jap jee Sahib.

7) Later in his years he did 101 Paaths of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee in the span of 3 years. This means about 3 Sehaj paaths a month. Along with this he did 36 lakh paaths of Mool Mantr, all within 3 years. This means massive paath a day, for three years.

8) He used to do at least 100 angs worth of baani a day.

9) He used to do 3300 jaap of Mool Mantra a day.

10) He had about 100 angs of baani fully memorized.

11) He used to wear only Khaddar.

12) He was a very strict amritdhaari.

13) He never let a day pass without going to Gurdwara Sahib.

14) He used to eat only once a day at 10am.

15) Before eating food, he used to look for someone to share with. Reading the life of Baba jee, I was surprised. So much kamaayee and no one knows his name. I have no doubt that even today there are many gupt gursikhs out there about whom we know nothing. Hearing about kamaayee of Baba jee I feel like putting my nose in a chapnee and dying. May Guru Sahib do kirpa on us and may we lead our life like Baba jee and other great gursikhs.

Ikonkaar.blogspot.com

Sant Giani Sunder Singh Jee

zzzz.JPG

Sant Giani Sunder Singh Ji Bhindranwale was at Sri Darbar Sahib doing darshan with the Jatha. Sant Ji was doing parkarma and they stopped at the place where Baba Deep Singh Ji got Shaheed. Sant Ji started looking around, and then the Singh’s asked Sant Ji that why have they stopped?, why are they looking around?, and Sant Ji replied “Khalsa Ji, there will be a Damdami Taksal’s Jathedar that will come here, when he comes, the Indian government will attack here with their army. After the attack the Damdami Taksal Jathedar will escape, people will think he’s shaheed, but he will not get Shaheed, one person will know where he is and when he will come back.” Also Sant Ji said that when he will re-appear, he will come back from the Atari Border with fauj while a jang is happening. He will come staright to Sri Darbar Sahib and listen to kirtan, then after that he will fight in the jang and get Khalsa Raj for the sikh nation.

This bachan from Sant Giani Sunder Singh Ji Bhindranwale happened infront of the jatha at that time and infront of satkaar jog Bibi Daleep Kaur Boparai Wali, who was 13 years old at the time and had been a sevadar for the Jatha from the time of Sant Giani Sunder Singh Ji Bhindranwale until the time of Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa. She left for Sachkhand Sahib a few years ago.

Time of the British Raaj

In the English Raaj, Sant Ji turned 10,000 people into Amtidhari Sikhs at one time. After they took Amrit, Sant Ji got all the Singh’s and Singhnian together, They all wore Black Dastar’s and the Women wore Black Chunee’s and sent them to the Jaito Morcha for shaheedi. The English then told S.S.P Nanak Singh to go out and catch Sant Giani Sunder Singh Ji Bhindranwale, but Nanak Singh told them that Sant Ji is a very powerfull Sikh and that they will ruin their Raaj if he went to go and catch them. The English weren’t then prepared to go and catch Sant Ji because they didn’t want to ruin their Raaj.

www.damdamitaksaal.org