*seris Of Terror Attacks In Mumbai** Bomb Blasts Shootings Indian Sources Say @ Least 80 Dead

SaRpAnCh

Yep. The boat that they seized was given the OK by the Indian Navy. However, they've seized two other Pakistani merchant vessels.

I'm just getting this off the BBC live update page.

1717 Two Pakistani merchant vessels have been stopped by the Indian Navy off the coast of India, according to the Press Trust of India (PTI). The Indian interior ministry says the ships were stopped off the coast of Gujarat state, just north of Mumbai.

1606 A member of the Islamic militant group, Lashkar-e-Toiba, has been captured alive in the Oberoi Trident hotel, the Press Trust of India (PTI) reports. It says 20 to 25 gunmen are believed to have arrived in Mumbai in three inflatable boats, launched from a larger vessel.

1559 Pakistan's Defence Minister, Ahmed Mukhtar, says his country played no role in the attacks. Responding to a suggestion by an India's general that the gunmen were from Pakistan, he tells the AFP news agency: "In previous cases they have acted like this, but later it all proved wrong. We are very much positive that Pakistan is not involved in this."

Contradicting reports :gg:

The most interesting aspect of this attack is where they got all the finance from. They've got all modern weapons, grenades (and loads of them)..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky news just read out an email that the terrorists apparently sent to a news channel. Some key things that were in it:

-Muslims want their stolen land back

-They have not been treated equally since 1947

-Something to do with Kashmir

-Call themselves Deckun Mujahiddin (or something). Deckun is in Southern India.

Zee TV news just reported that one of the terrorists 'accidently dropped' his phone out of a hotel window whilst throwing a hand grenade. All of the mobiles call history was to Karachi, Pakistan.

LOLLL 'accidently' dropped his phone and they found Pakistani numbers typical India

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/...s-india-cricket

There is something very unattractive about solipsism, especially in the midst of the death and devastation in Mumbai over the past 24 hours, but I'm afraid I must plead guilty to recalling my own experiences after last night's tragedy.

There is an excuse: I was convinced that my own killing was only seconds away on the streets of India 24 years ago.

England's cricket tour of India in 1984-85 is memorable for cricket reasons alone. England, without Ian Botham, became the first country to win a series there coming from behind and David Gower, though not a natural leader, helped to generate a wonderful spirit between players and press.

There were personal triumphs too. Mike Gatting finally came of age as an England batsman and Tim Robinson, Graeme Fowler, Phil Edmonds and Neil Foster were also outstanding.

But all the runs and wickets fade into insignificance when it is recalled what went on off the field. I was the cricket correspondent for the News of the World at the time and we arrived, with the players, in Delhi in the early hours of Wednesday October 31.

Those of us who had never been to India before were excited to be in this great city and it was with some reluctance that we decided to grab three or four hours sleep before breakfast.

At about the time we went to bed Mrs Gandhi, the Indian prime minister, was assassinated by one of her Sikh bodyguards. A phone call from Graham Morris, the cricket photographer, broke the news. And foolishly - very foolishly - Graham and myself, together with two other colleagues (Colin Bateman of the Daily Express and Ted Corbett of the Daily Star) decided to investigate what was going on in the streets outside our hotel.

Everywhere, there were Sikh rickshaws and businesses being set alight. When Graham started taking pictures a group of about 50 turned on us, grabbed his camera and started chasing us. As we turned a corner our taxi driver still had his engine running and we were able to make our escape. They may have thought we were Americans, for many were blaming the US for the assassination.

Less than four weeks later Percy Norris, the British deputy high commissioner, was shot dead as he was being driven to his office in Mumbai.

Though politically less momentous than Gandhi's killing this had the greater effect on the England team. Norris was a cricket-lover and the night before his killing he had hosted a party for us at his home.

The players wanted to fly back to England and no-one could blame them. It was the eve of the first Test and there was uncertainty whether the Norris killing reflected an anti-British feeling in the city. And the England cricketers were higher profile targets than Norris.

I remember Gower saying to Fowler: "Come on, Foxy, we're off to practice." And Fowler replied: "What sort of practice would that be then, captain? Target practice?"

Tony Brown, the tour manager, told the players they would be staying where they were and added: "If anyone doesn't like it, he can collect his passport and get the hell out of it." Gower said later: "There was a feeling among one or two of us that we were going to play in front of 50,000 people and one sniper."

In a recent feature in the Wisden Cricketer, Fowler told Nick Hoult: "A few hours after the [Norris] killing we got on a bus and drove through the spot where he was killed. We had no security. We got a message from Lord's saying we were expected to stay in India. I thought bollocks to that."

The tour also coincided with the Bhopal disaster, a toxic gas leak that killed thousands, and in which the death of Martyn Moxon's father brought further sadness to the players.

But their spirits recovered and their best performance came in the fourth Test in Madras where Foster took 11 wickets and Gatting and Fowler each made double-hundreds. It is what went on off the field, however, which will stay with me for the rest of my life. And I'm still not sure we were right not to come home.

Taj Hotels GM's wife, 2 sons killed in terror attack

Mumbai/Chandigarh, Nov 27 (PTI) The wife and the two teenaged sons of Taj Hotels General Manager Karambir Kang were killed in the terrorist attack on the hotel.

A relative of the Kangs family, which hails from Mohali near Chandigarh, said while Karambir Kang was not in the hotel last night, his wife Neeti and sons Uday (14) and Samar (5) in the terrorist strike.

The three deceased were residing in the accommodation provided to them at the hotel and became targets of the terrorist bullets, a releative of the Kangs family told reporters in Mohali. PTI

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00fmsfg

The old Hindu guy cracks me up at 18 mins .claims they're peaceful,

Also that fanatic 'Ash' from Birmingham comes on at 22 mins ,anyone remember him from earlier this year on the Khalistan Debate in which he threatened to take up arms,fight Sikhs and make Al Qaeda look like a baby.Look how his views have changed now that one of his have been caught up in Mumbai

http://www.imeem.com/people/g3lsC_Q/music/...threaten_to_ta/

Good morning chaps,

Looks like everything is more or less under control now with a few terrorists remaining to be washed out.

I'm not sure whether any of you saw this, but, just before midnight on Sky News (uk), they showed a bag which had grenades, ammo, ID, and visa credit cards which belonged to one of the terrorists they killed/captured. One credit card had a hologram on it of Pakistan's flag (the moon and a star). I'm surprised the reporters didn't mention any of this but I saw it clearly.

So far the commandos have cleared all the places and they are handing it to the mumbai police for investigation except TAJ HOTEL, there might me be 1 or 2 terrorists still alive....the terrorists had room 630 of the 6th floor on taj hotel filled with ammo. the investigation suggests that half of the room was filled with bags and thats where they would bring foreign hostages. The jews family did get killed at the niraman house...death toll will be very high in number once the police does investigation......Indian intelligence is pointing fingures at pakistan or ISI..