Are There Tables And Chairs In Any Gurdwaras Outside Of Bc, Canada?

Guest _SinghSingh_

umm i've seen some gurwaras in like california and B.C. that have tables and chairs for langer when i visited...Ontario Gurdwaras don't have tables and chairs for langer.. and since i was not accustomed to the whole langer with chairs and tables i took my langer and sat on the floor even though there wasn;t any carpet cuz i jus didn't feel right and i was given dirty looks for doing so... all i have to say is are we sikhs this disgraceful that we can't even endure a little pain for our guru? <_< :gg: i don't have the best knees and my back hurt alot but come on guys we need to think of why langer was started.. to keep everyone equal.. all households have there own rules and customs of doing things.. and as guests we don't disobey them and try to perform the rules anyway to keep them happy.. but whts the difference between a household adn guru ji's house? if anything we should give MORE respect for the rules... people invite guest over and the guests in curtacy try follow the rule to the best of there ability.. Guru ji invites us to the gurdwara through his kirpa and so we should try to follow the rules.. im not saying that if you have a serious problem then you HAVE to sit on the floor, there are always exceptions.. here in ontario if someone has a problem they are provided with milk cases to sit on during langar... i beleieve this is exceptable because guru ji understands if the bibi or singh has a problem.. and so yea .. thats all i gotta say :p

bhul chuk maff kar nee

vjkk vjkf!

Wjkk Wjkf Ji

Absolutely, I totally agree with you. Exceptions can/should be made in case someone is not physically fit to sit on the floor but that should be the end of it. Humility/Humbleness is the idea behind sitting on the floor in langar and if that is not practiced then arent we breaking the langar maryada started by Guruji himself? Im sorry to say but this whole business of treating gurdwaras as community centers n all should be stopped, its meant to be Guru Da Ghar not some 'place to chillout'. May Waheguruji give some sumatt to singhs and kaurs! :(

Bhull Chukk MAaf ji

i don't have the best knees and my back hurt alot but come on guys we need to think of why langer was started.. to keep everyone equal

I have been in similar circumstances. When I asked about this practice of tables and charis, the reason the gurdwara committe members give for tables and chairs is exactly what you mentioned: if all sit on tables and chairs then all are at the same level!

• 5 months later...

Interesting that a business person in the summer heat in many large metropolitan cities will not dare go to work without his/her business suit, even though they may complain about the heat while wearing it. Most Sikhs would not even bat an eye at understanding the need to preserve the tradition of elitist uniform here.

However, when it comes to sitting on the floor, we want to look at the logic and practicality of “sitting equally on chairs” because “we should progress”.

The Christian British laid the foundation for doubt and self-hatred long ago. Most of the minority world continues to carry the same doubt and self-hatred in various forms today.

BREAK YOUR CHAINS!!

ye agreed singh sabha southall and ramgaria sabha both have them.

singh sabha havelock have chairs in the darbar sahib!!

as soon as u enter the darbar sahib, to your immediate right.

Singh this is really sad to hear. Chairs in Darbar Sahib. People that live in this area should do something about it.

so are you for or against chairs? and why?

Give us reason's why chairs should be placed for Kings like you in Gurdwaras. Leave your Manmatt behavior at home when you go to the Gurdwara.

If fatness is your problem then go to the gym. And eat less, which will be better for society aswell, more food in the market for the rest.