Are There Tables And Chairs In Any Gurdwaras Outside Of Bc, Canada?

Guest _SinghSingh_

you said:

"is there a difference between candles and light bulbs? no.

is there a difference between hand written or printed books? no.

is there a difference between a hole in the ground and a toilet? not quite."

are you serious? there is no difference between candles and lightbulbs? of course there is. as with the other 2.

you have to reach forward to pick up the food and this restricts the stomach.

i dont know why you keep saying im obese or fat, im neither. im fit and good weight for my height. i play football and squash most weeks and my work also keeps my in good shape. why would you make false statements that you do not know to be true? is this another face of "your" version of sikhi?

does anyone use toilets at your gurdwara? does your gurdwara have toilets?

you say:

"yeah, for some reason i dont think anyone believes you."

you say:

"ooooh so clever"

im glad you agree, its the only true words you have spoken

who are you to speak for others in this forum? let people speak their minds and dont dictate to them.

if the panth is indeed in tatters then it is mostly because of narrow minded backward thinking people like you and your authoritarian brethren.

are you serious? there is no difference between candles and lightbulbs? of course there is. as with the other 2.

i meant there is no religous connotations with what light source/toilet etc you use. but there is with attitude in the langar hall.

you have to reach forward to pick up the food and this restricts the stomach.

no it doesnt. do you have proof? dont you have arms? or are you too fat that you have to rock back and forth? it sounds like you are justifying this just for your own personal taste. which is not what langar is about.

i dont know why you keep saying im obese or fat, im neither. im fit and good weight for my height. i play football and squash most weeks and my work also keeps my in good shape. why would you make false statements that you do not know to be true? is this another face of "your" version of sikhi?

my 'version'? also how do i know its not true? we dont even know if you are telling the truth. its also clear you are following 'your' sikhi which is nothing close to what the gurus intended.

does anyone use toilets at your gurdwara? does your gurdwara have toilets?

yes it does. though i dont spy on people to see if they use them. what this has to do with sitting on the floor or at a chair

in a langar hall, only your twisted logic knows.

"ooooh so clever"

im glad you agree, its the only true words you have spoken

lol, i was being sarcastic. your intelligence fails you at every opportunity.

who are you to speak for others in this forum? let people speak their minds and dont dictate to them.

if the panth is indeed in tatters then it is mostly because of narrow minded backward thinking people like you and your authoritarian brethren.

did i say i speak for others in this forum? have i ever dictated to them? no. stop forcing your own personal choices on people who want to true to their guru. just because you cant be a good sikh, dont drag others down with you. also how is my thinking backwards? how is sitting on the floor backward? i have asked you many times but you dodge the question. also i dont know any 'authoritarian brethren'...................are they another invention of your mind to justify your views?

you said:

"also how do i know its not true?"

the whole point is that you should not make statements that are not true. if you say you dont know, then dont say it!

you said:

"i meant there is no religous connotations with what light source/toilet etc you use. but there is with attitude in the langar hall."

what about divas in the gurdwara? no religious connotations? who decided that lightbulbs should be used instead of candles anr whatever they used in those days? how do you know this is what the gurus wanted?

do we have the right to have chairs in our gurdwara if the committtee and the sangat wish for their to be chairs in the langar hall?

you said that you did not think anyone believes me, that is you speaking for other people in this forum!

sitting on the floor is backward because sitting on chairs is forward. something that used to happen being replaced with something new and improved. sitting on chairs is better and more advanced than sitting on the floor. this is why every home has chairs in it. chairs should be used at every opportunity and sitting on floor should not be imposed on those that do not wish to.

you said:

sitting on the floor is backward because sitting on chairs is forward. something that used to happen being replaced with something new and improved. sitting on chairs is better and more advanced than sitting on the floor. this is why every home has chairs in it. chairs should be used at every opportunity and sitting on floor should not be imposed on those that do not wish to.

ummm, i thought tables and chairs had already been invented in the guru's time.

the whole point is that you should not make statements that are not true. if you say you dont know, then dont say it!

its called an opinion. i am entitled to one right? or are only the high and mighty like yourself allowed to say things like that?

what about divas in the gurdwara? no religious connotations? who decided that lightbulbs should be used instead of candles anr whatever they used in those days? how do you know this is what the gurus wanted?

go on explain the religous connotations of the divas in sikhi. how do you know that candles were used in every gurudwara before the light bulb? the gurus never said anything about lights, but they told everyone to sit on the floor. if you dont believe me, why are we told to sit on the floor by the directive from east punjab, but we have not received one on lights/toilets/fridges etc?

do we have the right to have chairs in our gurdwara if the committtee and the sangat wish for their to be chairs in the langar hall?

what if they want to set up a business in the gurudwara? or eat meat and drink alcohol? or turn it into a strip club? if you want to call it a gurudwara then it belongs to all the sangat, not some comittee and their cronies.

you said that you did not think anyone believes me, that is you speaking for other people in this forum!

well has anyone agreed with you? the silence says it all.

so those who sit down on the floor are backward according to you? and you look down on those who sit on the floor. some sikh of the gurus you are. you are a pure coconut. sod off to the church........oh wait they dont give you free food do they? its obvious you dont even understand the principles of langar or sewa.

you said:

so your saying the gurus couldnt invent toilet pans (wc's) like we have now?

surely with all that power and intelligence this could have been achieved, they chose not to invent these things for those times.

most people didnt have tables and chairs at home so to have them in the langar would have been seen as a "step" up.

now that mostly everyone has tables and chairs at home we should use them at the langar. those who wish to sit on the floor should be free to do so.

do you agree with tables and/or chairs for the disabled or elderly?

its called an opinion. i am entitled to one right? or are only the high and mighty like yourself allowed to say things like that?

go on explain the religous connotations of the divas in sikhi. how do you know that candles were used in every gurudwara before the light bulb? the gurus never said anything about lights, but they told everyone to sit on the floor. if you dont believe me, why are we told to sit on the floor by the directive from east punjab, but we have not received one on lights/toilets/fridges etc?

what if they want to set up a business in the gurudwara? or eat meat and drink alcohol? or turn it into a strip club? if you want to call it a gurudwara then it belongs to all the sangat, not some comittee and their cronies.

well has anyone agreed with you? the silence says it all.

so those who sit down on the floor are backward according to you? and you look down on those who sit on the floor. some sikh of the gurus you are. you are a pure coconut. sod off to the church........oh wait they dont give you free food do they? its obvious you dont even understand the principles of langar or sewa.

i do not think that those who sit on the floor are backward, i think those who force people to sit on the floor are backward. dont dictate your backward beliefs on to other people. i say that people shoud have the choice to practice religion they way they want.

surely with all that power and intelligence this could have been achieved, they chose not to invent these things for those times.

most people didnt have tables and chairs at home so to have them in the langar would have been seen as a "step" up.

now that mostly everyone has tables and chairs at home we should use them at the langar. those who wish to sit on the floor should be free to do so.

your idea that the gurus could have invented anything, but chose not to, just so we could introduce those things at a later date after someone else invented them is the dumbest logic ever. i cant believe i even bothered discussing this topic with someone who came up with that as a point in his favour.

also what historical source says they didnt have chairs? i have a sofa at home, can i have one in my gurudwara too? what about a ps3 in the langar hall for the kids? eh?

i do not think that those who sit on the floor are backward, i think those who force people to sit on the floor are backward. dont dictate your backward beliefs on to other people. i say that people shoud have the choice to practice religion they way they want.

no one forces you to sit on the floor. but if you want to sit on a chair stay at home. langar is not about your personal comfort, but you dont get what its about. you are a lazy fool and you have no idea of what sikhi is about. if you dont follow your religion, you are not practicing it, your just doing what makes you happy, which is usually not the right thing as the human mind is sometimes gluttonous, lethargic and selfish. geo is a classic example.

you said:

Ofcourse tables and chairs for the elderly.

However intuition tells me, i can't explain it. It just feels more like your in the presence of the holy, when you are sitting on the floor. Your argument may be correct. However there is just a different experience on the floor. Maybe you need to see for yourself. But ofcourse tables and chairs for the elderly, don't want to deprive them of their health. Sometimes modern things seem cool to begin with, but they end up messing everything up. If we weren't so dependant on sedentary things to begin with, then as we get older you'd be more accustomed to living a harsher life. But this would mean your health is generally better aswell. The feel of sitting down on the floor, like it always has been during the reign of the Guru is just better. Sometimes you just got go with what your heart tells you. Beats intelligence anyday. You can come up with clever arguments, but if you never experience, merely sitting down to eat, youve missed out. I feel sorry for you. Sometimes simpler is better

your idea that the gurus could have invented anything, but chose not to, just so we could introduce those things at a later date after someone else invented them is the dumbest logic ever. i cant believe i even bothered discussing this topic with someone who came up with that as a point in his favour.

also what historical source says they didnt have chairs? i have a sofa at home, can i have one in my gurudwara too? what about a ps3 in the langar hall for the kids? eh?

no one forces you to sit on the floor. but if you want to sit on a chair stay at home. langar is not about your personal comfort, but you dont get what its about. you are a lazy fool and you have no idea of what sikhi is about. if you dont follow your religion, you are not practicing it, your just doing what makes you happy, which is usually not the right thing as the human mind is sometimes gluttonous, lethargic and selfish. geo is a classic example.

i could stay at home or i could visit my local gurdwara langar and sit and eat langar there? is that ok with you? or would you like to dictate to us how we must do things?