Are There Tables And Chairs In Any Gurdwaras Outside Of Bc, Canada?

Guest _SinghSingh_

who is 'us'? i'm talking to you, not anyone else. unless of course you force your views on others and make them follow what you do. and at least we know you only go to your gurudwara for langar. :rolleyes:

i dont go there for just langar. i didnt say that. i helped build the gurdwara and continue to provide assistance as do all the other sangat. i have been fortunate to be quite well off and i never take more than i put in, that is for the poor and needy and they are welcome to do so. we regularly have people from other faiths invited to join us and they really happy to visit us. we also visit them in their holy places and its great to share our views and differences.

we held a meeting to decide if we should have chairs and tables or sit on the floor the decision was unanimous amongst the committee and the sangat - tables and chairs. we DO have space for anyone to sit on the floor if they wish to do so but ive never seen anyone do it.

well if your opinion is based on no solid fact then its just garbage. also health and safety legislation says that all chairs and tables should be checked and disposed of every year if they arent up to scratch. if you have had them for 28 years then its illegal as well as stupid.

what if you check they chairs and they are perfectly fine? are you saying that you checked my chairs and they were faulty? when did you do this? or is this just another example of your sweeping generalisations? i have regular checks on my premises by health and safety officers and never have they stated that my chairs are unsafe and i wouldnt provide unsafe chairs to my customers and staff.

well if your opinion is based on no solid fact then its just garbage. also health and safety legislation says that all chairs and tables should be checked and disposed of every year if they arent up to scratch. if you have had them for 28 years then its illegal as well as stupid.

what if you check they chairs and they are perfectly fine? are you saying that you checked my chairs and they were faulty? when did you do this? or is this just another example of your sweeping generalisations? i have regular checks on my premises by health and safety officers and never have they stated that my chairs are unsafe and i wouldnt provide unsafe chairs to my customers and staff.

Just to confirm, do you understand the spiritual concept behind sitting on the floor, as equals? Because from your posts (quoting health and safety etc...), it seems that you don't. If that is the case, please say so.

we're sorry Geo mr. Brahmgyani sir...you are right and we are wrong...silly us who sit on the floors as chumps. I hope one day your chair and table philosophy will go so high as the darbar sahib..and maybe pray one day that we have tables and chairs inside the darbar sahib. Because its modern times...we have to learn to adapt and assimilate in the moment.

Why oh why were our gurus not as smart as you Geo. Spread your knowledge to the rest of the world, the representative of Langar...the holier then Guru Ram Das individual...preach my friend preach on. haha

In all reality...get with the program my friend..you want to perserve sikhi, the only way to do that is don't tamper with it. you want to see consquences of tampering with school of thought. Prime Example: Christianity, Islam, Judiasm....so i beg you from the bottom of my heart..have mercy on the future of this faith and stop tampering with even the tiniest of elements. By doing so it'll lead to other changes and continues...so stop.

Just to confirm, do you understand the spiritual concept behind sitting on the floor, as equals? Because from your posts (quoting health and safety etc...), it seems that you don't. If that is the case, please say so.

i understand the need for equality in all walks of life not only the langar hall. equality is equality, wether you are all on chairs or all on the floor.

i was not interested in the health and safety issues or the health/digestion issues. the ONLY reason i talked about these 2 issues is because someone else used them to make their point. please check through the posts and agree with me on this point even if you agree with nothing else that i say. thanks

i dont go there for just langar. i didnt say that. i helped build the gurdwara and continue to provide assistance as do all the other sangat. i have been fortunate to be quite well off and i never take more than i put in, that is for the poor and needy and they are welcome to do so. we regularly have people from other faiths invited to join us and they really happy to visit us. we also visit them in their holy places and its great to share our views and differences.

wow a modern day akbar the great lol!!! seriously though, it is good that those who are well off use their money for good purposes. i just hope that you dont run it like a giant cornershop.

we held a meeting to decide if we should have chairs and tables or sit on the floor the decision was unanimous amongst the committee and the sangat - tables and chairs. we DO have space for anyone to sit on the floor if they wish to do so but ive never seen anyone do it.

any record of that? are the affairs of 'your' gurudwara public? and where is this gurudwara?

so people who come to the gurudwara are considered as customers and staff? that's terrible. this is what i mean when i say gurudwaras are run like cornershops or businesses. absolutely disgusting. and my 'sweeping generalisations' are more like 'specific accusations backed by logic'.

i understand the need for equality in all walks of life not only the langar hall. equality is equality, wether you are all on chairs or all on the floor.

its not equality if those on the chair think the people on the floor are 'backward', as you said earlier.

i was not interested in the health and safety issues or the health/digestion issues. the ONLY reason i talked about these 2 issues is because someone else used them to make their point. please check through the posts and agree with me on this point even if you agree with nothing else that i say. thanks

actually it was you, with your 'optimum way' that went on about health, digestion etc. also gurudwaras have to be safe for the sangat, so health and safety regulations should be followed.

glen cove gurudwara in long island, ny has tables and chairs,

they have like a fast food theme thing, the revolving chairs attached to the tables like McDonalds.

:@ thats real bad.

we have this kind of thing too, a gurudwara in austral(sydney) has just tables and chairs. stand in line to get the langar then sit on the chairs. if you want to sit on the floor, you gotta sit on the grass. havnt been there in years so maybe they have proper langar there now....wishful thinking i guess.