Lied To Get A Job

Amrit

waheguroo ji ka khalsa waheguroo ji ki fateh!

basically i lied to get a job, i did not mean to it just happened - i couldnt make the interview and so i knew i needed a good excuse for them to reschedule it so i told them i was going to volunteer in India.

I feel so lousy like im a cheat and a fraud - disugusted with myslef. what do i do? Please help.

basically i lied to get a job, i did not mean to it just happened - i couldnt make the interview and so i knew i needed a good excuse for them to reschedule it so i told them i was going to volunteer in India.

I feel so lousy like im a cheat and a fraud - disugusted with myslef. what do i do? Please help.

Its a tricky one to be honest with you. Best way is to do Ardas infront of Maharaj and take Hukamnama. Then see what message you get. I know its difficult getting a job and its very tempting to lie. It's sad to see that a lot of people get jobs or higher positions because they 'blagged' their way through. Very difficult to find a company that don't lie themselves through to earn money! U'l be surprised!

As mentioned in this day and age it is extremely hard to get a job without lying is some shape way or form. However daas would disagree with the point that it is not a big deal.

To lie is to deviate from the truth. SatGuru Ji is the only truth.

If we truly believe in giving our heads to SatGuru Ji and what Maharaj does for us and/or to us is for the best, then irrespective of the consequences we shouldn't lie at all.

What is done is done, but this does not make it right and certainly does not mean just forget about it like its a 'minor'. It is good that you have shown regret, it shows that you have acknowledged your mistake and fault. All daas can suggest is that we don't fall into the trap of lying regularly by doing extra paath whenever it may happen eg: 5 chaupai sahib paaths and an ardas and ask for unflinching faith in the Naam.

Note: Witholding information or not being fully co-operate is a different story altogether -> Police type scenarios's when getting questioned :D

All i say is deal with it...you can't knowingly do wrong and then expect not to deal with the consequence.

Some may I am being harsh but it's reality

...you may hope that posting it on the internet ... may reduce your feeling of guilt, but honestly, it would take real courage and good character to own up to those that you deceived...that ...in my opinion would be the correct way forward...

but...you make your own decisions...remember our actions are based on a mind set, repetitive actions become a habit, habit develops our character, our character determines our destiny...

X

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use