Parent Problems

KhalsaRaj 89

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

i have a wierd kind of problem, i dunno if anyone has experienced this, but then again i guess sum one has.

basically, in about two week, (i think) the Manchester rainsabhi is coming up, n with Singhs like Bhai Manpreet singh, Bhai sahib Jeeven singh and many other Gurmukhs coming, i really want to go. i live in slough, so i wuld probably have to go by coach which i dnt mind, but..

my parents on the other hand, although they have no issues with rainsabhais wont let me go saying things like 'its ur GCSE year' (im in year 11) and 'if you mess this year up you'll mess ur life up' and all the other things desi parents say about GCSEs.

they even stopped me going Gatka, because i spent about all my sundai at punjabi skool, then kirtan class, then gatka.

i really dunno wat 2 do, its only ONE day, even still they dnt let me go

i hope that sum1, even though they may not have experienced this, may know wat to do.

bhull chuk maff,

thanky you

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

study....study...study...........

does that answer your question????......there will be more rainsabhis in the future. however you have only got one shot to do your gcses. if you feel like your still missing out. Just sit down and do some extra bani.

I personally feel sikhi is about applying what you learn to your life. Sikhi teaches about respecting your parents. They only want what is best for you, always remember that. you don't have to travel to manchester to gain more sikhi. Do ardaas and ask guru ji for sangat and an event near you.

There will be a special event ( keertan and katha, and maybe some speeches if the committee gets excited) in memory of guru teg bahadur ji on the 6th of december, it will be at park ave, southall and start at 5:30 evening to prob bout 11 or midnight. you can even take your parents with you.

and this way you won't have to spoil your amritvela routine by staying awake the whole night

i hope this way some help, i suggest you listen to your parents advice.

and if u still upset u gna miss their keertan, just listen to recordings of their shabads. we have technology and should take full use of that

whatever you choose, make sure you are happy that its the right choice

study, i done similar, put many other things infront of study, if you get bad grades you may not be able to do what subjects you want, there will be loads of chances to go to programs, only one chance to study<< exact same think famo says to me one chance to study lol

but its only one night you would be staying away :|

• 2 weeks later...
lol , thanks for ur advice,

i understand what ur sayin about study, it dnt mind studying n i know its important, but its only 1 night away,

challo koenee, i probably go to the Khalsa primary school programme the day after

thanks once again

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

singh ji brodcast is there

guss wat

i have same problem

dont worry we will have all time in future ok

do ardass

u will be there in sprit