Feeling Down...

JSingh

This may seem a stupid question, but i still like to ask. what do you do when you feel down? Like you are not happy inside, you feel in 'dhehndi kala' (antonym of 'chardi kala'), and you don't like to do your homework, you can't concentrate... it could be due to something that you wanted in life sooooooo badly and at the end you realize that you have to let it go(mostly it is a person), you have no other option, you had never thought that this day would ever come when you have to let it go and have to move on with your life, without 'it', and this causes a major disappointment and sadness inside you that does not let you get out of it and it makes you feel down and in dhehndi kala inside you and seems as if you are just by yourself in the whole world, alone, lost, in the crowed of many, and in them, nobody is yours. how do you over come with this problem.... peole will say do path and naam simran, etc. etc. but in this situation, it is very very very very hard to do it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do something else you enjoy as long as it is not against sikhi rehit.

It's hard to suggest what you can do because everyone is different and will respond in a different way.

Me, when I am down, I do a combination of things. Take my frustration out at the gym or by doing martial arts. I calm myself down by doing chaupai sahib dey paath or I like playing the vaja or something...

And if things are soo bad that I need space then I just fly off somewhere (my favourite secret spot)....that usually clears my head, so I can face my problem/discontent etc..

Once, I know what is wrong I find the best thing of all is talking to someone that understands and can make me laugh :umm:

Its weird, but at a time like that the hardest thing to remember is that guru sahib is with you but remembering that will also act as the best type of 'joosh' that you need at a time like that...

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Guest mehtab

Another simple thing to do would be to see what u have in life that others dont and be thankful to Waheguru for having blessed u with that. This helps a lot :umm: .

gurfateh

Knowing something u could have a had and not got it is always difficult, all a part of life im afraid. As a child learns to walk if must fall first, watch a child next time it falls, it tries to get up over and over again, but when it does, and finnaly stands up, you see this great big smile on the babies face, that smile and then the kid then begins to laugh because it knows it has overcome a problem of falling while trying to walk. These pit holes come in life everytime, falling is just a natural process, getting up from it is the thing that counts. When you get up, sit back, see what is accomplished, and just ... smile, just as the kid does. :umm:

gurfateh

akasi singh

Jsingh Veerji...

Bhai Vir Singh ji, in his book Gurmukh sikhiya, wrote about the exact state of mind you are talking about....

and his advice was that to go to sadh sangat because even though you might not be in a state of mind to do nam simran...just being in a place where there are others who are trying doing kirtan or simran will have a tremendous effect on your mind and soul....he says that is the whole purpose of sangat to help each other out...and that's why it's important to go to sangat regularly so that you get "reenergized" to do simran at home on your own.....

hope that helps...

Guest mehtab

KANDOLA Posted on Apr 17 2004, 02:20 PM

i jus trun n read 2 the sukhmani sahib. that does kinda calm me down.
from this moment onwards, u have lost every right to praise/appreciate me, as i m lower than the dust of ur feet.

KANDOLA Posted on Apr 17 2004, 02:20 PM

i jus trun n read 2 the sukhmani sahib. that does kinda calm me down.

from this moment onwards, u have lost every right to praise/appreciate me, as i m lower than the dust of ur feet.

rochak bhai sahib. i am lot more lower than u. u hav the visible khalsa identity (even if ure amritdhari or not, u luk like a singh). heck ppl call me the gyani in disguise (i dunno y, dont no alot on sikhi, nor m i gyani, they say m in disguise cuz i dont hav the kesh like u etc). ure stories r so gr8. its obvious u do more paath than i do. besides, u shudnt b bowin down 2 a 14 yr old moorakh like me, ure older than me, it shud b me bowin down 2 u.

Guest mehtab
its obvious u do more paath than i do
i wish :umm: :( @ ...i been slacking like anything :D
u shudnt b bowin down 2 a 14 yr old moorakh like me, ure older than me, it shud b me bowin down 2 u.
age dont mean anything veer :WW: