Feeling Down...

JSingh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I don't know of any spiritual answers, but I have a practical one.

I know if sometime I am just feeling cramped up and uncomfortable I just go out for a walk and try to let my mind wander a little bit, just to open up and relax. Just walk and see where you end up! Really relaxing!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jsingh, I have been in a similar situation as you, I am sure everyone has. In the past few days, I felt really down for some odd reason, and I didn't feel like doing my homework for the whole weak, (Maybe it was just laziness blush.gif ) but I did notice a change, after I went to Gurudwara Sahib for a few days ^_^

It really does help! Just like Jss said join saadh sangat, their company really motivates you. Seeing the sangat around you and their chardi kala really makes you feel better. :umm:

Just my two cents, bhul chuk khima

Waheguru jee ka khalsa Waheguru jee ki fateh!

Jsingh ji,

Nice post, in terms, of asking sadh sangat for their opinion and advice.

I can well imgaine what u must be going thro, as per your post. May be somewhere i'm feeling the same, but the person who left me forever, asked me in last message, dont cry waheguru has done this for good.

I have so many memories of that person with me, and 'm making them my strength, those are encouraging me, i'm trying to keep that person alive and always be with me.

So, try to make those memories your strength.

Rest sadh sangat has put forward so many beautiful posts. ^_^^_^

Bhul Chuk Maaf

J Singh veerjee,

Pyareo !! Look at this outpour of love and compassion you have gotten from your brothers and sisters. Could you ever feel alone when people are so happy to be there for you in your time of need? This is the beauty of saadh sangat - Guru Nanak Dev Jee did such a big paroupkaar - such a service to humanity - that we are all in our own way trying to "pay it forward" within our individual groups.

The way you have felt - and even with regards to losing somebody or not being able to have somebody in your life as you may have wished - I've experienced the exact same situation. All of the sangat here has given excellent responses. I agree with JSS veerjee - sadh sangat is the first cure. Vicky Singh veerjee (S1ngh) and SikhForLife Jee have given an excellent idea - to go camping, go out, get some fresh air, away from family. Kandola veerjee has said to do Sukhmani Sahib. Guru Ji Di Pyari and Gupat Singhni have suggested to go to your "favourite spot" which may well be the Gurdwara. Balwinder Singh, Vaneet Singh, Akasi Singh and Rochak Singh have said to reflect on how good life is, and don't lose hope.

The other sangatees have given excellent responses in this topic. So how does it all melt together?

don't lose hope, (sangat helps)

keep faith, (simran helps)

reflect on the beauty of life and how blessed you are, (keertan helps)

take a break, (sangat helps)

go somewhere comfortable, (simran helps)

do some meditation, (keertan helps)

be active, (seva helps)

go where people will support you but also give you space, (sangat helps)

seva, simran, keertan are the containers ! Sangat is the nurse

3; Naam is the medicine!

"mayraa vaidh guroo govindaa"

I can't think of a better place than a Smagam.

If there is a smagam happening anytime soon - even if it's 2 hours away from you -

please take the time - take a few days - and just go, absorb yourself in the dust of the saadh sangat.

You will come back so refreshed and renewed.

That's the basic of what the whole sangat is saying and being a mahaamoorakh ahankaaree I am just putting it all together and taking the credit :umm::

but Anyway Pyare Bhai Sahib - I think that's the best answer.

Do all of the things the sangat has said, and they can all be done at a smagam away from home.

Check www.samagams.org, www.akj.org, www.akj.org.uk, www.keertan.net for smagams around your area

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh

WOW great post veerji!!

Ok as jsingh veerji said ... most of us will say paath and simran, as it does help ... and it will... but if its not for you veerji... i go with what S1ngh veerji said and get a time off.

I would say DO SOME SPORTS! Any particular you say... HOCKEY :umm: Well maybe that is not your typical sport maybe its basketball, or soccer or anythin... but when i have a dull moment like you mentioned and like bhainji said all have encountered... i usually take my fustrations out in hockey.

Maybe make a save here in there, yell at someone tongue.gif , laugh a little, cry a little, gets your mind elsewhere rite... so when u get home, take a good warm shower, and start over :D ... works a lot for me ... tongue.gif

my two cents!

bhul chuk maph!

i agree with what everyone has been saying. Veerji, whereabouts do you live? Maybe we can try to find you some sangat or tell you about smagams in your area. I think sangat helps a lot, because even if you absolutely cannot push yourself to do paat or keertan, being in the company of chardee kala people will uplift your spirits.. You don't even have to do anything, even if you just sit there, you'll begin to feel much better. It's really hard losing someone, but being in sadh sangat will make you feel like loads of weight have been lifted off your shoulders..

Someone suggested going to a smagam.. That's really good advice, in my opinion.. If you can attend an entire smagam, and even attend the amrit vela programs, I think you'll feel a lot better. Another really helpful thing you can do is seva - if you're upto it. Maybe if you just do seva alone, and reflect on simran or bani while doing that seva... I've been told that cleaning the sangat's shoes and doing it slowly, with love, will really uplift your spirits and make you feel better.

I think seva will really help.. Especially if you're at a smagam or if you go to sangat and the atmosphere is very uplifting..

Also veer I suggest speaking to one of your close bhanjees or veerjees about the specific problem you're having, and just letting out all of your feelings.. Sharing your feelings with some other sangat member or friend can really help. You can also do ardaas and share your feelings with Guru Ji, which might help more than anything else..

This happens to almost everyone at some point, so don't be hard on yourself G.. You just have to find ways that help you feel bett

er. When you feel down, nothing works as great as sangat and sikhi - inspirational saakhis, dhaadi vaaraa, chardee kala keertan - it all works wonders..

hope u feel better soon bhajee

got this hukam recently..

bhai bhanjan agh dhookh naas manehi araadhh harae ||

The Destroyer of fear, the Eradicator of sin and sorrow - enshrine that Lord in your mind

santhasang jih ridh basiou naanak thae n bhramae ||1||

One whose heart abides in the Society of the Saints, O Nanak, does not wander around in doubt. ||1||

blush.gif

attending sangat regularly can keep u cool. i guess darshan of sggs makes u calm, n of course its an honour that waheguru makes me do sewa, does make your mind wonder off 2 other things like "o that thaal needs cleanin etc". (bhol chukke muaff if i mean to boast, but its tru though, i dont do it, waheguru makes me do it).

n rochak, wot can i say? u no more gyan than i do. n wot u mean by wen u say "i bin slackin off". ( blush.gif )

bhol chukke muaff