Probabally The Luckiest Fishes Around

cool water

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh Biba,

When gurbaani mentions pasoo in that tuk, its talking about humans who act like animals..kartoot pasoo kee maanas jaat || loak pachaaraa krai din raat||

and when that tuk mentions preth its talking about people who are stuck in maya....Maaya Moh Preth Hai Kaam Krodh Hnkaaraa...Kl Mahe Preth Jinee Raam Na Pashaata Satyug Param Huns Beechaaree. Preth is somone who does black deeds, doesn't remember God Truthful is one who takes guidance from naam. In Sikhi there is no such thing as ghosts.

if that is true g than explain this tukh

pasoo preth tum mugath ko tarai pahan paray utaaray

you give the animals and ghosts liberation u break their bonds n carry them across God

Guru Fateh ji

I respect your post and I thank u for giving me vichaar to think over but I have to say I must disagree with it

i mean the whole shabad main banjaran ram ki talks about different incarnations

nalay this universe is huge and vast

there is so much we dont know what makes u think there r no ghosts g

gurubani does refer to people but what about in Jap Ji Sahib

samud shah sultan girha sethi mal dhan keree tul na howae je tis manoh na visreh

all the kings n emporors full of wealth are nothing compared to the keeree(bug) who never forgets God

The shabad you mentioned MAIN BANJARAN RAAM KI is a long shabad and takes a while to understand it deeply. Remember gurbaani does alot of comparisons to make it easy for us to understand but people take it in a literal sense. I've read the shabad and its pretty long to be explained properly. But for right now I will do my best.

The shabad draws comparison of the devotion of the animals which doesnt mean that animals listen to gurbaani or jaap naam. for example koel loves mango so we should love waheguroo like koel loves mango. Deer loves grass and other vegetables in jungle and a deer cant live without it so we as humans should not go without waheguroo, doesnt mean deer gets mukkat by eating grass.

Bibi you have done arths wrong for this tuk...samud shah sultan girha sethi mal dhan keree tul na howae je tis manoh na visreh

This tuk really means wealth, emeperors, kings, etc. have no meaning for those devotees of waheguru who don't forget Waheguru. because these things are worldly to them and have no significance thus being like an ant..

Plus what does the existence of ghosts have to do with gurmat?are you getting more people on here into veham bharams or you want to take these things out?I have described what a ghost is as per Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I don't care what someone else defines the word ghost as. I will define it as defined in Guru Granth Sahib JI. Guru Granth Sahib Ji describes ghost as

Maaya Moh Preth Hai Kaam Krodh Hnkaaraa.DO YOU AGREE WITH SGGS JEE?

Guru Fateh ji

I respect your post and I thank u for giving me vichaar to think over but I have to say I must disagree with it

samud shah sultan girha sethi mal dhan keree tul na howae je tis manoh na visreh

all the kings n emporors full of wealth are nothing compared to the keeree(bug) who never forgets God

:LOLz: Show me tuk where it says Guru jee was given shade by a cobra? whats so special about the cobra giving shade to our guru jee? another miracle just like any other religious prophets lol ....muslims say same thing about muhhamed and hindu chelas say same thing about krishan?
I disagree, if you believe in reincarnation then who knows what soul that animal was in its previous life. So I would say gurbani and kirtan would only benefit the animal, there are many references to animals in gurbani. It is said that even a cobra gave shelter to Guru Nanak Dev Ji from the sun when he was a child.

300px-Cobra1.jpg

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was sent to graze the buffaloes in the pastures and he fell asleep under the shade of a tree. As the sun rose higher, the shadow moved away. The rays of the hot summer sun began to fall on his face. A big cobra came at that place and provided shadow with its hood over the face of the Divine Master. Rai Bular happened to be passing by that side with his attendants. When he saw this strange scene, he was convinced that Guru Nanak Dev Ji is not an ordinary man. God had sent him to this world. Rai Bular then touched the Guru's feet in great reverence and thus became his disciple.

I know miracles are insignificant and not important in Sikhi but, the point remains in Sikhism we believe in reincarnation therefore the soul that is locked in a plant or an animal is just the same as the soul in a human therefore for that animal to have gurbani or kirtan played for it or for it to listen to it is no bad thing it will only be for the betterment of that creature.

ਕਰਿ ਗਵਨੁ ਬਸੁਧਾ ਤੀਰਥਹ ਮਜਨੁ ਮਿਲਨ ਕਉ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਾ

wandering all over the earth and bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, people seek to meet the Pure Lord.

ਮਾਨੁਖ ਬਨੁ ਤਿਨੁ ਪਸੂ ਪੰਖੀ ਸਗਲ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧਤੇ

Mortals, forests, blades of grass, animals and birds all meditate on You (Waheguru).

ਦਇਆਲ ਲਾਲ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਗਤੇ ॥੧॥

The Merciful Beloved Lord, the Lord of the Universe is found; O Nanak, joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, salvation is attained. ||1||

The shabad you mentioned MAIN BANJARAN RAAM KI is a long shabad and takes a while to understand it deeply. Remember gurbaani does alot of comparisons to make it easy for us to understand but people take it in a literal sense. I've read the shabad and its pretty long to be explained properly. But for right now I will do my best.

The shabad draws comparison of the devotion of the animals which doesnt mean that animals listen to gurbaani or jaap naam. for example koel loves mango so we should love waheguroo like koel loves mango. Deer loves grass and other vegetables in jungle and a deer cant live without it so we as humans should not go without waheguroo, doesnt mean deer gets mukkat by eating grass.

Bibi you have done arths wrong for this tuk...samud shah sultan girha sethi mal dhan keree tul na howae je tis manoh na visreh

This tuk really means wealth, emeperors, kings, etc. have no meaning for those devotees of waheguru who don't forget Waheguru. because these things are worldly to them and have no significance thus being like an ant..

Plus what does the existence of ghosts have to do with gurmat?are you getting more people on here into veham bharams or you want to take these things out?I have described what a ghost is as per Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I don't care what someone else defines the word ghost as. I will define it as defined in Guru Granth Sahib JI. Guru Granth Sahib Ji describes ghost as

Guru Fateh ji

gurufateh g

nahi ji. I agree with Guru Granth Sahib ji 110 percent I just disagree with your interpertation of it. Yes someone who is lost in maya is a ghost but a ghost can also be a soul who was so attached to this world that their body left but their soul stayed on this eath. It is a life form one of the lakh charasi jeune. In Gurubani many times we see a ghost refered to as a life form a soul which lives on after the body perishes

ਲਖ

लख सीगार बणाइआ कारजि नाही केतु ॥

Lakẖ sīgār baṇā▫i▫ā kāraj nāhī keṯ.

She may wear thousands of ornaments, but they are of no use at all.

ਜਿਤੁ

जितु दिनि देह बिनससी तितु वेलै कहसनि प्रेतु ॥

Jiṯ ḏin ḏeh binsasī ṯiṯ velai kahsan pareṯ.

On that day when the body perishes-at that time, she becomes a ghost.

ਪਕੜਿ

पकड़ि चलाइनि दूत जम किसै न देनी भेतु ॥

Pakaṛ cẖalā▫in ḏūṯ jam kisai na ḏenī bẖeṯ.

The Messenger of Death seizes and holds her, and does not tell anyone his secret.

ਛਡਿ

छडि खड़ोते खिनै माहि जिन सिउ लगा हेतु ॥

Cẖẖad kẖaṛoṯe kẖinai māhi jin si▫o lagā heṯ.

And her loved ones-in an instant, they move on, leaving her all alone.

ਹਥ

हथ मरोड़ै तनु कपे सिआहहु होआ सेतु ॥

Hath maroṛai ṯan kape si▫āhhu ho▫ā seṯ.

She wrings her hands, her body writhes in pain, and she turns from black to white.

ਜੇਹਾ

जेहा बीजै सो लुणै करमा संदड़ा खेतु ॥

Jehā bījai so luṇai karmā sanḏ▫ṛā kẖeṯ.

As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma.

ਨਾਨਕ

नानक प्रभ सरणागती चरण बोहिथ प्रभ देतु ॥

Nānak parabẖ sarṇāgaṯī cẖaraṇ bohith parabẖ ḏeṯ.

Nanak seeks God's Sanctuary; God has given him the Boat of His Feet.

In this tukh Guru Arjun Dev Ji refers to a ghost being a form after the body perishes or dies a form of life

here too

ਤਨ

तन ते प्रान होत जब निआरे टेरत प्रेति पुकारि ॥

Ŧan ṯe parān hoṯ jab ni▫āre teraṯ pareṯ pukār.

When the soul is separated from the body, then they will cry out, calling you a ghost.

ਆਧ ॥੧॥

आध घरी कोऊ नहि राखै घर ते देत निकारि ॥१॥

Āḏẖ gẖarī ko▫ū nėh rākẖai gẖar ṯe ḏeṯ nikār. ||1||

No one will let you stay, for even half an hour; they drive you out of the house. ||1||

ਮ੍ਰਿਗ

म्रिग त्रिसना जिउ जग रचना यह देखहु रिदै बिचारि ॥

Marig ṯarisnā ji▫o jag racẖnā yėh ḏekẖhu riḏai bicẖār.

The created world is like an illusion, a mirage - see this, and reflect upon it in your mind.

ਕਹੁ ॥੨॥੨॥

कहु नानक भजु राम नाम नित जा ते होत उधार ॥२॥२॥

Kaho Nānak bẖaj rām nām niṯ jā ṯe hoṯ uḏẖār. ||2||2||

Says Nanak, vibrate forever the Name of the Lord, which shall deliver you. ||2||2||

Guru Teg Bhadur ji here also refers to a ghost as a being a soul which has no body

one more tukh which talks about this is by Bhagat Trilochen Ji

ਅੰਤਿ

अंति कालि जो इसत्री सिमरै ऐसी चिंता महि जे मरै ॥

Anṯ kāl jo isṯarī simrai aisī cẖinṯā mėh je marai.

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

ਬੇਸਵਾ ॥੨॥

बेसवा जोनि वलि वलि अउतरै ॥२॥

Besvā jon val val a▫uṯarai. ||2||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. ||2||

ਅੰਤਿ

अंति कालि जो लड़िके सिमरै ऐसी चिंता महि जे मरै ॥

Anṯ kāl jo laṛike simrai aisī cẖinṯā mėh je marai.

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

ਸੂਕਰ ॥੩॥

सूकर जोनि वलि वलि अउतरै ॥३॥

Sūkar jon val val a▫uṯarai. ||3||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. ||3||

ਅੰਤਿ

अंति कालि जो मंदर सिमरै ऐसी चिंता महि जे मरै ॥

Anṯ kāl jo manḏar simrai aisī cẖinṯā mėh je marai.

At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts,

<A class=dict onmouseover="ddrivetip('ipareṯ /i Ghost', 250)" onmouseout=hideddrivetip() href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਪ੍ਰੇਤ" ;>ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੪॥

प्रेत जोनि वलि वलि अउतरै ॥४॥

Pareṯ jon val val a▫uṯarai. ||4||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. ||4||

in this shabad the word preth means ghost and again referred to a life form and not just a word used for ppl who are deluded

also g i did not give the wrong meaning of the tukh keeree clearly means ant . and i am not trying to spred bharam ppl IM AN 18 YR OLD GIRL JUST TRYING TO LEARN ABOUT SIKH Y WUD I TRY TO SPREAD DOUBT IVE GOT BETTER THINGS TOO DO

there is no need for doubts

anyone can do simran and get the answer as to whether their out ghosts

with simran all that is hidden or gupt becomes pargat and we can see the whole world

just because u dont see them or find them logical doesnt mean they arent their

read the post about Sikhi and science and u will see that there are so many things ppl in the time wud have found ridicoulous but they have been proven to b true

in the oldern days the ppl who believed a bull held the earth wud have thought it ridicoulus that there are galaxies beyond ours but now science proved it correct

the same way u may find it crazy that their are ghosts but in this world we cant dismiss anything

the universe is so muchh bigger than what our eyes can see

and God can make anything happen y r u limiting God u r merely his creation n u are limiting him

like a poster marked before even animals can meditate on God

now i can write on and on but a picture is worth a thousand words so look at this picture g i will send itin the next post

Guru Fateh ji

gurufateh g

nahi ji. I agree with Guru Granth Sahib ji 110 percent I just disagree with your interpertation of it. Yes someone who is lost in maya is a ghost but a ghost can also be a soul who was so attached to this world that their body left but their soul stayed on this eath. It is a life form one of the lakh charasi jeune. In Gurubani many times we see a ghost refered to as a life form a soul which lives on after the body perishes

ਲਖ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਕਾਰਜਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੇਤੁ

ਜਿਤੁ ਦਿਨਿ ਦੇਹ ਬਿਨਸਸੀ ਤਿਤੁ ਵੇਲੈ ਕਹਸਨਿ ਪ੍ਰੇਤੁ

ਪਕੜਿ ਚਲਾਇਨਿ ਦੂਤ ਜਮ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੇਨੀ ਭੇਤੁ

The Messenger of Death seizes and holds her, and does not tell anyone his secret.

ਛਡਿ ਖੜੋਤੇ ਖਿਨੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਜਿਨ ਸਿਉ ਲਗਾ ਹੇਤੁ

ਹਥ ਮਰੋੜੈ ਤਨੁ ਕਪੇ ਸਿਆਹਹੁ ਹੋਆ ਸੇਤੁ

She wrings her hands, her body writhes in pain, and she turns from black to white.

ਜੇਹਾ ਬੀਜੈ ਸੋ ਲੁਣੈ ਕਰਮਾ ਸੰਦੜਾ ਖੇਤੁ

ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਰਣਾਗਤੀ ਚਰਣ ਬੋਹਿਥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੇਤੁ

In this tukh Guru Arjun Dev Ji refers to a ghost being a form after the body perishes or dies a form of life

here too

ਤਨ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਹੋਤ ਜਬ ਨਿਆਰੇ ਟੇਰਤ ਪ੍ਰੇਤਿ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ

When the soul is separated from the body, then they will cry out, calling you a ghost.

ਆਧ ਘਰੀ ਕੋਊ ਨਹਿ ਰਾਖੈ ਘਰ ਤੇ ਦੇਤ ਨਿਕਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

No one will let you stay, for even half an hour; they drive you out of the house. ||1||

ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਜਿਉ ਜਗ ਰਚਨਾ ਯਹ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਿਚਾਰਿ

The created world is like an illusion, a mirage - see this, and reflect upon it in your mind.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਜੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਤ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਹੋਤ ਉਧਾਰ ॥੨॥੨॥

Says Nanak, vibrate forever the Name of the Lord, which shall deliver you. ||2||2||

Guru Teg Bhadur ji here also refers to a ghost as a being a soul which has no body

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ

ਬੇਸਵਾ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੨॥

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਲੜਿਕੇ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ

At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts,

ਸੂਕਰ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੩॥

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਮੰਦਰ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ

<A class=dict onmouseover="ddrivetip('ipareṯ /i Ghost', 250)" onmouseout=hideddrivetip() href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਪ੍ਰੇਤ" ;>ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੪॥

in this shabad the word preth means ghost and again referred to a life form and not just a word used for ppl who are deluded

also g i did not give the wrong meaning of the tukh keeree clearly means ant . and i am not trying to spred bharam ppl IM AN 18 YR OLD GIRL JUST TRYING TO LEARN ABOUT SIKH Y WUD I TRY TO SPREAD DOUBT IVE GOT BETTER THINGS TOO DO

with simran all that is hidden or gupt becomes pargat and we can see the whole world

read the post about Sikhi and science and u will see that there are so many things ppl in the time wud have found ridicoulous but they have been proven to b true

in the oldern days the ppl who believed a bull held the earth wud have thought it ridicoulus that there are galaxies beyond ours but now science proved it correct

the same way u may find it crazy that their are ghosts but in this world we cant dismiss anything

and God can make anything happen y r u limiting God u r merely his creation n u are limiting him

now i can write on and on but a picture is worth a thousand words so look at this picture g i will send itin the next post

Guru Fateh ji

gurufateh g

ਲਖ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਕਾਰਜਿ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੇਤੁ

ਜਿਤੁ ਦਿਨਿ ਦੇਹ ਬਿਨਸਸੀ ਤਿਤੁ ਵੇਲੈ ਕਹਸਨਿ ਪ੍ਰੇਤੁ

ਪਕੜਿ ਚਲਾਇਨਿ ਦੂਤ ਜਮ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੇਨੀ ਭੇਤੁ

ਛਡਿ ਖੜੋਤੇ ਖਿਨੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਜਿਨ ਸਿਉ ਲਗਾ ਹੇਤੁ

ਹਥ ਮਰੋੜੈ ਤਨੁ ਕਪੇ ਸਿਆਹਹੁ ਹੋਆ ਸੇਤੁ

ਜੇਹਾ ਬੀਜੈ ਸੋ ਲੁਣੈ ਕਰਮਾ ਸੰਦੜਾ ਖੇਤੁ

ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਸਰਣਾਗਤੀ ਚਰਣ ਬੋਹਿਥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਦੇਤੁ

here too

ਤਨ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਹੋਤ ਜਬ ਨਿਆਰੇ ਟੇਰਤ ਪ੍ਰੇਤਿ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ

ਆਧ ਘਰੀ ਕੋਊ ਨਹਿ ਰਾਖੈ ਘਰ ਤੇ ਦੇਤ ਨਿਕਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਜਿਉ ਜਗ ਰਚਨਾ ਯਹ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਬਿਚਾਰਿ

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਜੁ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਤ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਹੋਤ ਉਧਾਰ ॥੨॥੨॥

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ

ਬੇਸਵਾ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੨॥

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਲੜਿਕੇ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ

ਸੂਕਰ ਜੋਨਿ ਵਲਿ ਵਲਿ ਅਉਤਰੈ ॥੩॥

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਜੋ ਮੰਦਰ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਐਸੀ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਜੇ ਮਰੈ

heres the picture

so can animals feel blisssss??????????

Cool water, talking to you is like talking to a wall. I said give me gurbaani tuks where it says guru jee was given shade by a COBRA not a passage that I have been reading since 2nd grade in my divinity class. If guru jee and cobra were the only two things then who recorded this miracle because I am sure mardana wasnt there and nor were you...you think I am still in 2nd grade that I will look at the painting and read that small passage? you know SANTOKH SINGH said the snake was actually white but in your picture it shows a black snake hahaha

Gurbaani says souls travel through different lives then how would a snake know what he was in his previous life. Gurbaani says no one know where being came from and where it is heading. Do you know what were you in your last life?Anyone can hear gurbaani but its about understanding it and not just hearing it.....Also snakes dont have ears...haha

I know miracles are insignificant and not important in Sikhi but, the point remains in Sikhism we believe in reincarnation therefore the soul that is locked in a plant or an animal is just the same as the soul in a human therefore for that animal to have gurbani or kirtan played for it or for it to listen to it is no bad thing it will only be for the betterment of that creature.

pjs veer jee I dont care what you write or say but I do love your kundiya mucha haha I am working on mine might take another year and half to get them kundiya but yeh keep it up....Buraaaah...P.S. Debates are good to clear things up man no worries doing arths is fun, makes your mind strong and your mucha kundiya as well.

Wjkk Wjkf Jeo

I wonder why every other post, even as innocent as this one, ends up in a debate? and we still think we are capable of running a sikh nation?

Sorry, just couldn't control myself

Fateh jeo