Probabally The Luckiest Fishes Around

cool water

Khalsa force brother, your pretty arrogent and have low opinion of animals. The understanding of gurbani is down to intreprettation, so my understanding of gurbani is different from yours. You take the view that playing kirtan or gurbani for animal is useless whereas to me after reading gurbani itself I see no harm in having kirtan or gurbani recited while animals are arround. They too are Waheguru's creatures whose souls are just as valid as ours, physically you maybe right they cant hear or understand what is being said or done by humans but spiritually when kirtan is played when gurbani is recited it creates positive energy which im sure animals can pick up on, animals are not stupid. As they say an elephant never forgets, they have great memories and even go to the place of their dead for rememberance, its well documented by animal documentaries.

Your entitled to your view as we ours, but to say your only in the right and rest is wrong is pretty arrogent attitude to take. We should learn to respect other peoples views and interreptations of scriptures, everyone is different and guru sahib talks to us (metaphorically speaking) in different ways so that we understand the essense of the core messages.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low opinions on animals? hahaha this is jokes brother, SGPC workers who are humans stay at darbar sahib 24/7 but didn't have positive energy build up and you want animals to have positive energy?hahahaha this is jokes. prithi chand was brother of Guru Arjan and read bani no positive energy built in him. i am not being ignorant just stating the TRUTH. reading gurbani without understanding and implementation has no benefit gurbani says so itself..

Sevak Sikh Poojan Sabh Aavhe Gaavhe Har Har Outam Baanee

Gaaveaa Sunneaa Tin Kaa Thaae Paavai Jin Satgur Kee Aageaa Sat Sat Kar Maanee

Follower Sikhs all come to worship and sing glorious praises of the lord

only that person's singing and hearing is fruitful, the one who follows commands of Guru by accepting them as truthful

guru nanak dev di jai ho...jai ho...jai ho

Khalsa force brother, your pretty arrogent and have low opinion of animals. The understanding of gurbani is down to intreprettation, so my understanding of gurbani is different from yours. You take the view that playing kirtan or gurbani for animal is useless whereas to me after reading gurbani itself I see no harm in having kirtan or gurbani recited while animals are arround. They too are Waheguru's creatures whose souls are just as valid as ours, physically you maybe right they cant hear or understand what is being said or done by humans but spiritually when kirtan is played when gurbani is recited it creates positive energy which im sure animals can pick up on, animals are not stupid. As they say an elephant never forgets, they have great memories and even go to the place of their dead for rememberance, its well documented by animal documentaries.

Veer Khalsaforce,

Please give your translation for the following shabad (just curious). I dont think you touched on this tuk from gurbani in this thread...

ਕਰਿ ਗਵਨੁ ਬਸੁਧਾ ਤੀਰਥਹ ਮਜਨੁ ਮਿਲਨ ਕਉ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਾ ॥

wandering all over the earth and bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, people seek to meet the Pure Lord.

ਮਾਨੁਖ ਬਨੁ ਤਿਨੁ ਪਸੂ ਪੰਖੀ ਸਗਲ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧਤੇ ॥

Mortals, forests, blades of grass, animals and birds all meditate on You (Waheguru).

ਦਇਆਲ ਲਾਲ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਗਤੇ ॥੧॥

The Merciful Beloved Lord, the Lord of the Universe is found; O Nanak, joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, salvation is attained. ||1||

fateh jaspaul veer jee,

ਕਰਿ ਗਵਨੁ ਬਸੁਧਾ ਤੀਰਥਹ ਮਜਨੁ ਮਿਲਨ ਕਉ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਾ ॥

wandering all over the earth and bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, people seek to meet the Pure Lord.

Guru Mahraaj is saying that people wander all over the places and try to meet Lord. Some go teerath isnaan, some go to jungles and wander in jungles. Some do something else to meet the Lord.

ਮਾਨੁਖ ਬਨੁ ਤਿਨੁ ਪਸੂ ਪੰਖੀ ਸਗਲ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧਤੇ ॥

Mortals, forests, blades of grass, animals and birds all meditate on You (Waheguru).

Human wandering in jungles to meet Waheguru is same as all animals, birds and plant life in jungles existing there. Guru Sahib is saying that wandering in jungles is useless.

Faridaa Jungle Jungle Kiaa Bhaveh Vun Kandaa Morheh

Vasee Rub Heealeeai Jungle Kiaa Dhoodayh

Faridaa, what is use of wandering in jungles?

Lord Almighty is within, what are you looking for in jungle?

ਦਇਆਲ ਲਾਲ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਗਤੇ ॥੧॥

The Merciful Beloved Lord, the Lord of the Universe is found; O Nanak, joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, salvation is attained. ||1||

Company of saad sangat means company of Guru's gyan which is Gurbani. When a person understands and lives Gurbani, person understands that wandering in jungles is useless. Above quote doesn't indicate anywhere that animals, plant life or birds can do aradhnaa of Waheguru. Bhagat Kabir says how can a bull meditate on God?

chaar paav dhue si(n)g gu(n)g mukh thab kaisae gun geehai ||

With four feet, two horns and a mute mouth, how could you sing the Praises of the Lord?

oot(h)ath bait(h)ath t(h)aegaa parihai thab kath moodd lukeehai ||1||

Standing up and sitting down, the stick shall still fall on you, so where will you hide your head? ||1||

har bin bail biraanae hueehai ||

Without the Lord, you are like a stray ox;

faattae naakan ttoottae kaadhhan kodho ko bhus kheehai ||1|| rehaao ||

with your nose torn, and your shoulders injured, you shall have only the straw of coarse grain to eat. ||1||Pause||

saaro dhin ddolath ban meheeaa ajahu n paett agheehai ||

All day long, you shall wander in the forest, and even then, your belly will not be full.

jan bhagathan ko keho n maano keeou apano peehai ||2||

You did not follow the advice of the humble devotees, and so you shall obtain the fruits of your actions. ||2||

dear khalsaforce how u failed to understand what sant ji meant by bhoota preta nu sikh nahi manda.

he is actaully talking abt devi devte and said sikh devi devtea nu nahi manda ate na hi kade bhota preta nu manda

sant ji means that sikh do not worship devi devte and bhoot pret.

if u believe that sant ji mean there are no bhoot pret by saying sikh bhoota preta nu nahi manda , then u have to believe that devi devte doesnt exists as well.

better u dnt take this thing so seriously. boot pret are not gonna harm u at all coz u r a sikh. rather than disturbing us with ur baseless material again and again i suggest u to talk about something which can help us. I cud post the below links before but i thought that the topic is now calmed down and i ddnt wanted to start over again.

as u told me that u also hold sant baba gurbachan singh ji very high, then i asked u abt gyani thakur ji also belongs to taksal and he has explored many things abt bhoot pret and u said na na!!! belonging to taksal dsnt means that they are right. then i told u that baba harnam singh ji also had experiences with pret aatmas, u said u dnt care abt baba harnam singh ji, now u brought us an audio by spending so many days searching abt something that can support ur believes but that is not really supporting what u r saying ( i explained above why ). now if u truly hold sant ji high and then u cant ignore what sant baba gurbachan singh ji is saying. sant jarnial singh ji has learned everything abt gurbani in the guidance of sant gurbachan singh ji. so this time u really cannot ignore this. but we knw the dheed people like u do not give up so easily, so we r waiting for ur attempt......

keI koit jK´ ikMnr ipswc ]

kee kott jakha kinnar pisaach |

Many millions are the Yakhshas - the servants of the god of wealth, the Kinnars - the gods of celestial music, and the evil spirits of the Pisaach.

keI koit BUq pRyq sUkr imRgwc ]

kee kott bhooth praeth sookar mrigaach |

Many millions are the evil nature-spirits, ghosts, pigs and tigers.

http://gurbaniupdesh.com/multimedia/04-Kat...%20Sahib%29.mp3

listen at 11.00min

sorry, i forgot to post the link for above pankti's audio katha

http://gurbaniupdesh.com/multimedia/04-Kat...aap%20Sahib.mp3

above pankti 's explanations starts at 15 min 18 sec

but do listen all the track once u dpownlaod it and listen more katha by gyani thakur singh ji from here http://gurbaniupdesh.com/multimedia/listin...Patiala+Wale%29