Sad State Of Sikh Panth

guptveer1469

Sad state of the panth ??? I feel at present we have TERRIBLE STATE OF THE WORLD.

We are on the verge of the biggest catastrophe in the history of last 4 yuggs. I agree Punjab is messed up, but India is even more messed up. Bomb blasts happening everywhere, poverty, diseases, hindu-muslim tension on an all time high. There are about 20-25 crore muslim population inside India and that means death to India.

I agree that sikhs need to do parchar but we need to understand what is parchar ??

The biggest parchar is live a SIMPLE, HONEST LIFE based on Gurmantar and Gurbani. The biggest parchar is to GET READY FOR SHAHEEDI.

Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee put their lives on the line for the panth and fought against the false government of their time. As a result, these great sikhs got the respect of the people and many people got inspired and became sikhs. Even monnee who used to do all wrong things became amritdhari and gave shaheedis.

A person is known by his words and actions.

Regarding bhayas coming to Punjab, I agree there shud be some law stopping this migration. Having said that the ones who have come to Punjab can be converted to sikhi so easily. It is the Punjabis who are to be blamed. Punjabis feel they are the thekedaars of sikhi but in reality punjabis have ruined sikhi. I went to maharashtra and bidar some time back and I felt as if it was my home. I really miss some of the sikhs I met there who might be financially poor but had much more love for sikhi that the present day punjabis.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bruv go punjab and see for urself. id go as far as saying 90 percent of sikhs in punjab are moneh and 70 percent of the keshdharis are over 40. u still see many sikhs at harmandir sahib in the evening but thats no big deal. if i went to a gurdwara in scotland id see singhs there. in the homeland of the sikhs u should be able to go to every village and see many keshdharis. i cnt beleive how bad it is in punjab. go to the main cities, u hardly see any keshdharis about.

and atleast the bhaiyeh come to punjab and work unlike the punjabis. go amritsar, alot of the bhaiyeh are keeping there kesh and adopting sikhi too. its the punjabis that are backwards.

The number of Sikhs keeping Kesh has fallen in a big way all over Punjab. The sikhs that moved to the cities from the villages are the worst, they have even stopped speaking Punjabi. All the youth want to due to the lack of jobs is to go abroad and live a glamour lifestyle, they would happily change religion if it got them a visa. In the past Sikhi Parchar used to happen at Guprubs and Melas you used to get Dhadis who told the Sikhs glorious history, today the youngters now only about Gandhi and Nehru.

As all Sikh institutions are govt controlled, you are not going to get any Parchar, the Deras have become money making outfits where people go to try and get the Babas to bless them with good luck for personal wealth.

The answer is well organised Parchar, well financed TV and Films should be made that show Sikh history. stop spending money on marble and multiple gurdwaras in the same area where no body goes.

Sad state of the panth ??? I feel at present we have TERRIBLE STATE OF THE WORLD.

We are on the verge of the biggest catastrophe in the history of last 4 yuggs. I agree Punjab is messed up, but India is even more messed up. Bomb blasts happening everywhere, poverty, diseases, hindu-muslim tension on an all time high. There are about 20-25 crore muslim population inside India and that means death to India.

I agree that sikhs need to do parchar but we need to understand what is parchar ??

The biggest parchar is live a SIMPLE, HONEST LIFE based on Gurmantar and Gurbani. The biggest parchar is to GET READY FOR SHAHEEDI.

Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee put their lives on the line for the panth and fought against the false government of their time. As a result, these great sikhs got the respect of the people and many people got inspired and became sikhs. Even monnee who used to do all wrong things became amritdhari and gave shaheedis.

Regarding bhayas coming to Punjab, I agree there shud be some law stopping this migration. Having said that the ones who have come to Punjab can be converted to sikhi so easily. It is the Punjabis who are to be blamed. Punjabis feel they are the thekedaars of sikhi but in reality punjabis have ruined sikhi. I went to maharashtra and bidar some time back and I felt as if it was my home. I really miss some of the sikhs I met there who might be financially poor but had much more love for sikhi that the present day punjabis.

Agree veerji

Now if we REALLY need that much labour in Punjab, why can't we ask those millions of poor Sikh Sikligars, Vanjaras, Lobanas, Satnamias etc?

Veerji, where in Maharashtra did you find those Sikhs? (and where they any of Sikligars, Vanjaras, Lobanas, Satnamias?)

Agree veerji

Now if we REALLY need that much labour in Punjab, why can't we ask those millions of poor Sikh Sikligars, Vanjaras, Lobanas, Satnamias etc?

Veerji, where in Maharashtra did you find those Sikhs? (and where they any of Sikligars, Vanjaras, Lobanas, Satnamias?)

I went to Bidar where there is a very famous Gurdwara of Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaaj. Many sikligars and vanjara sikhs are taught gurmat vidyaa free of cost and there is also some free worldly education imparted to them. I am sure if we had someone like Baba Mitt Singh Jee and Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee, they would have converted these vanjaras into sarblohi naam abhiyaasi bir rasshi singhs with their dargahi kirtan, amrit-mayee sarblohi langar and powerful amrit sanchars.

Powerful amrit sanchars are the key for the charrdikala of the sikh panth. The kamayee of punj pyaras has an effect on the amrit and dasam duaari punj pyaras can open the dasam duaars of many abhilaaakhis. There were loads of dasam duaaris in the panth in the 18th century and I have a feeling that the whole of Bandai khalsa were dasam duaaris.

Dhan Dhan Akali Nihang Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Jee

there, I read Ajit and Tribune India allmost everyday. What you talking about Punjabis? Punjabis cant migrate to western countries like they are going to their in-laws. Youth cut their kesh (altho its not nec, but they do to avoid suspicion etc), they sell/put their lands on mortgage, they sell their mom/sis ornaments.

No, they do not cut their hair just to go abroad, they cut their hair *when* they are going abroad and consequently they should not be counted in your statistics regarding the ones living in the Punjab!

Looks like you haven't spent enough time in India and the Punjab yet.

Today's youth there cut their hair for their "tohr", for glamor and to be a "hero" among their peers and specially girls. I am sure you would also have noticed that many Sikh girls there do not want a match with a beard and a turban!

It is not uncommong to hear something like "yaar, tun tan bara hero bann gya hain" when a youth first cuts his hair. One never hears anything like "yaar, tun tan sikhi saroop which bara hero lagdan hain."

The point I agree with is that there is no Sikhi parchaar. There is no Sikhi education. Sikh youth in the Pujab are being influenced much more by non Sikhi purchaar actually.

The other point I disagree with is that the migrant labourers there are more criminal. You must back this up this claim of yours with concrete statistical data. I personally do not see any less corrupt Sikhs there than migrants. I have personally seen amritdhari Sikh in the Punjab doing shady deals and doing all immoral deeds.

The most major problem in Sikhs today is that they are not looking in to themselves, they need to reflect on their own practices and their own education instead of picking on problems with other races (which just makes them racists). Being aware of ones own religion and its teaching is the first things a person should be clear about. Disregarding and belittling other religions' people is not going to get one anywhere.

Regards.

After 15yrs the monks thinks it was better to be married after 15yrs the married man thinks it was better to be a monk……what am I trying to say? A vast amount of Punjabis with a bit of money in particular have a very basic flaw in their mentality always thinking that the grass is greener on the other side the alternative is the better option than the present situation.

I think the ones who truly saw the change were first generation immigrants who left the Punjab, who although may not have been strictly religious held on to the old ideals, imagery and culture. They see the change and often comment on it. Classically my father like possibly many of yours left the Punjab back in the 50’s-60’s. often he would tell me how they huddled around a singular heater during the bitter British winter thinking of home. He like many sent money home to improve the standard of living. Aftertime and various stresses it takes its toll on a man physically mentally emotionally. When he returns back to his village things have changed dramatically yes the standard of living has changed it’s better that’s good, but the people have also changed. Some here will argue the same old dismissive argument government influence etc etc, yes to a degree. But the moral decay of Punjabis is very much down to themselves. They have become enslaved by money, riches and keeping up with the Jones mentality.

My father now says sometimes to make people understand quality of life it’s better to just build basic toilets rather than lavish temples!

What a nice post veer

:)

When i last went to Punjab, everyone including little kids were telling me, they were dying to go to "bahar nu jana wa main"

i was so shocked

my cousin came to italy with plane last week (u can guess y, lol) and he said to me on phone, that there were 20 other punjabi munde. so it means atleast 21 munde in 1 flight, from punjab to europe...

After 15yrs the monks thinks it was better to be married after 15yrs the married man thinks it was better to be a monk……what am I trying to say? A vast amount of Punjabis with a bit of money in particular have a very basic flaw in their mentality always thinking that the grass is greener on the other side the alternative is the better option than the present situation.

You are putting it in very simplistic terms, I think. The reasons to perceive the western world as a better place are many fold. The most important, in my view, is the lack of proper education and dismal state of professional career choices in Punjab.

In the last decade or two, Akalis have been in power on and off. In every term, nothing material has been done to improve things in the above respects. If the Akalis do not give a d4mn about us, I don't think we should expect anything more from other political parties.

Parts of southern India have seen tremendous progress in information technology industry, while the Punjab governemnt let the opportunity slide from its grasp to attract IT industry. There are mostly a few kinds of industry in the Punjab: agriculture (in danger situations now since land is being overused), clothers and cycle & motor parts (Ludhiana, but no Punjabis want to work there, hence the need for migrant labourers) and sports good (Jalandhar). Other than these, the governments there have not really done anything to attract foreign investments.

The result is that the youth have no confidence in their future in that state. The perception has been around for many years now and it has taken its toll. It is not uncommon to hears parents of some lads saying "ethe kuchh nahin rakhya, bahar bhej dena mundian nu". I don't think we should be blaming them without trying to understand their reasons closely; t is quite easy to pass judgements. They are just trying to improve their lot one way or the other.

I am sure of one thing. If there are good oppertunities in the Punjab, if there is good technical industry, if there is improvement in education, if there is money to be made working there, if there are careers to be made working there for *most of the educated people*, you will notice a significant drop in the percentage of people there who want to go abroad. But it will take a *lot* of work to arrive at that state.

The sad state of the panth, nowadays is really making me sick. Believe me or not, I get often headaches worrying about the panth. Now don't tell me to do extra paath for Panth, as I (try to) do it already.

1. Sikhi finishing in Punjab - Dont know about other areas, but my area Doaba, is a VERY MESSED UP area regarding Sikhi. About 70-75% of the "Sikh" youth of Doaba area are Monas. I'm pretty sure if the trend continues, by 2015, about 90-95% of the "Sikh" youth will be MONA.

2. Bhaiya Karni of Punjab - I'm not against Bhaiyas (that would make me a racist), but there migration should be controlled. They started migrating to Punjab in the late 1970s (about 30 years back from now) and have become a strong 10% of the population of whole Punjab. In Ludhiana they make a bigger part, as there appear to be more Bhaiyas in Ludhiana than Punjabis. I'm not asking more strict measures for migration to Punjab, as Bhaiyas have disadvantage to Punjab also. They have pros to like they do much labour etc, but there are many bad Bhaiyas aswell. In my village there were 2 Bhaiyas who were selling drugs to Punjabi Sikh youth. This is the case in many villages. Bhaiyas makes gangs and rob big houses of old lonely ladies in Punjab etc. Because of them, sigarettes have become more "accepted" (before Bhaiyas, Punjabis only were addicted to Sharab and Tobacco).

3. Dushts walking around freely - This bothers me alot. I just can't live with the fact that rapists of our Sikh sisters/mothers are roaming around freely. The killers of our brothers and fathers are living in mansions in Chandigarh and Delhi. The Nindaks of our Gurus, who burnt our Guru Maharaj's saroops are there roaming around and spreading more venomen. KPS Gill, Swarn Ghotna, SS Virk, JF Ribeiro, Surjit Sinh Barnala, Sumedh Saini, Izhar Alam, Gurmit Ram Rahim, Piara Bhaniarawala, Ashutosh Maharaj, Parkash Sinh Badal, Rulda Sinh, etc WHY ARE THEY ALIVE?? Singh Soormey should get back the spirit of Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh, that of Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, that of Sukhdev Singh Sukha and Harjinder Singh Jinda...

4. Jatha-ism in Sikhism (Panth) - All our different MARYADAS, REHITS that are creating schism in Panth. I wont lie, I was once asked a Die-Hard AKJ Singhni, "What are you?", she replied me back that she is "AKJ". Instead of replying :"I am Guru Ji's Singhni" she said that. Many others are the same as her. We should start saying we are Guru Ji's Sikh instead of saying Nihang, AKJ, Taksali, 3HO etc.

5. Disagreements in Panth - Meat issue, Dasam Granth issue, Raagmala Issue, and all other controversial issues that cause problems in Panth, of which other, outside forces take advantage. We should do a big conference at Akal Takht where we will invite 10-10 persons of each viewpoint (pro-Meat and anti-Meat)/(pro-Dasam Granth and anti-Dasam Granth). We will take all prominent persons of each viewpoint and make ONE PANTHIC REHIT MARYADA. I think this is one of the only solutions possible, or else we will keep fighting on these pretty issues for another 150 years! and our real issues are going to get worse by then.

6. Turban ban in Belgium/France

7. Sri Sahib/Kirpan ban in several countries

8. Sikh boys and girls astraying from path of Sikhi in countries like Netherlands, UK (esp Birmingham area), Canada (its getting better, I heard) etc.

9. Punjabi Mafia and Sikh domestic violence problem in Canada

AND MANY MORE ISSUES.

IF I CONTINUE IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER FEW DAYS TO COMPLETE

BHUL CHUK MAAF

WJKK WJKF

i can see from your post you do not much have faith in your guru! you should worry about what you can control in your path god will take care of the rest as he has always done from the time there was only 5 khalsa to there being millions! WKWF! :) ))))