Sad State Of Sikh Panth

guptveer1469

The sad state of the panth, nowadays is really making me sick. Believe me or not, I get often headaches worrying about the panth. Now don't tell me to do extra paath for Panth, as I (try to) do it already.

1. Sikhi finishing in Punjab - Dont know about other areas, but my area Doaba, is a VERY MESSED UP area regarding Sikhi. About 70-75% of the "Sikh" youth of Doaba area are Monas. I'm pretty sure if the trend continues, by 2015, about 90-95% of the "Sikh" youth will be MONA.

2. Bhaiya Karni of Punjab - I'm not against Bhaiyas (that would make me a racist), but there migration should be controlled. They started migrating to Punjab in the late 1970s (about 30 years back from now) and have become a strong 10% of the population of whole Punjab. In Ludhiana they make a bigger part, as there appear to be more Bhaiyas in Ludhiana than Punjabis. I'm not asking more strict measures for migration to Punjab, as Bhaiyas have disadvantage to Punjab also. They have pros to like they do much labour etc, but there are many bad Bhaiyas aswell. In my village there were 2 Bhaiyas who were selling drugs to Punjabi Sikh youth. This is the case in many villages. Bhaiyas makes gangs and rob big houses of old lonely ladies in Punjab etc. Because of them, sigarettes have become more "accepted" (before Bhaiyas, Punjabis only were addicted to Sharab and Tobacco).

3. Dushts walking around freely - This bothers me alot. I just can't live with the fact that rapists of our Sikh sisters/mothers are roaming around freely. The killers of our brothers and fathers are living in mansions in Chandigarh and Delhi. The Nindaks of our Gurus, who burnt our Guru Maharaj's saroops are there roaming around and spreading more venomen. KPS Gill, Swarn Ghotna, SS Virk, JF Ribeiro, Surjit Sinh Barnala, Sumedh Saini, Izhar Alam, Gurmit Ram Rahim, Piara Bhaniarawala, Ashutosh Maharaj, Parkash Sinh Badal, Rulda Sinh, etc WHY ARE THEY ALIVE?? Singh Soormey should get back the spirit of Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh, that of Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, that of Sukhdev Singh Sukha and Harjinder Singh Jinda...

4. Jatha-ism in Sikhism (Panth) - All our different MARYADAS, REHITS that are creating schism in Panth. I wont lie, I was once asked a Die-Hard AKJ Singhni, "What are you?", she replied me back that she is "AKJ". Instead of replying :"I am Guru Ji's Singhni" she said that. Many others are the same as her. We should start saying we are Guru Ji's Sikh instead of saying Nihang, AKJ, Taksali, 3HO etc.

5. Disagreements in Panth - Meat issue, Dasam Granth issue, Raagmala Issue, and all other controversial issues that cause problems in Panth, of which other, outside forces take advantage. We should do a big conference at Akal Takht where we will invite 10-10 persons of each viewpoint (pro-Meat and anti-Meat)/(pro-Dasam Granth and anti-Dasam Granth). We will take all prominent persons of each viewpoint and make ONE PANTHIC REHIT MARYADA. I think this is one of the only solutions possible, or else we will keep fighting on these pretty issues for another 150 years! and our real issues are going to get worse by then.

6. Turban ban in Belgium/France

7. Sri Sahib/Kirpan ban in several countries

8. Sikh boys and girls astraying from path of Sikhi in countries like Netherlands, UK (esp Birmingham area), Canada (its getting better, I heard) etc.

9. Punjabi Mafia and Sikh domestic violence problem in Canada

AND MANY MORE ISSUES.

IF I CONTINUE IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER FEW DAYS TO COMPLETE

BHUL CHUK MAAF

WJKK WJKF

i can see from your post you do not much have faith in your guru! you should worry about what you can control in your path god will take care of the rest as he has always done from the time there was only 5 khalsa to there being millions! WKWF! :) ))))

The Guru sahibs said to takeaction, doing Path was one part of being a Sikh.The Gurus said to the Brahmins and Yogis that they had been doing Havens and pujas for 800 yeras to invoke Devis to help them to remove Afghans and Moghuls, but nothing had been achieved.

The Guru Sahibs said to the Sikhs to become Saint Soldiers, and how succesful they became. The British and now the present rulers fear this spirit and hence are doing thier best to destroy it

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad state of the panth, nowadays is really making me sick. Believe me or not, I get often headaches worrying about the panth. Now don't tell me to do extra paath for Panth, as I (try to) do it already.

1. Sikhi finishing in Punjab - Dont know about other areas, but my area Doaba, is a VERY MESSED UP area regarding Sikhi. About 70-75% of the "Sikh" youth of Doaba area are Monas. I'm pretty sure if the trend continues, by 2015, about 90-95% of the "Sikh" youth will be MONA.

2. Bhaiya Karni of Punjab - I'm not against Bhaiyas (that would make me a racist), but there migration should be controlled. They started migrating to Punjab in the late 1970s (about 30 years back from now) and have become a strong 10% of the population of whole Punjab. In Ludhiana they make a bigger part, as there appear to be more Bhaiyas in Ludhiana than Punjabis. I'm not asking more strict measures for migration to Punjab, as Bhaiyas have disadvantage to Punjab also. They have pros to like they do much labour etc, but there are many bad Bhaiyas aswell. In my village there were 2 Bhaiyas who were selling drugs to Punjabi Sikh youth. This is the case in many villages. Bhaiyas makes gangs and rob big houses of old lonely ladies in Punjab etc. Because of them, sigarettes have become more "accepted" (before Bhaiyas, Punjabis only were addicted to Sharab and Tobacco).

3. Dushts walking around freely - This bothers me alot. I just can't live with the fact that rapists of our Sikh sisters/mothers are roaming around freely. The killers of our brothers and fathers are living in mansions in Chandigarh and Delhi. The Nindaks of our Gurus, who burnt our Guru Maharaj's saroops are there roaming around and spreading more venomen. KPS Gill, Swarn Ghotna, SS Virk, JF Ribeiro, Surjit Sinh Barnala, Sumedh Saini, Izhar Alam, Gurmit Ram Rahim, Piara Bhaniarawala, Ashutosh Maharaj, Parkash Sinh Badal, Rulda Sinh, etc WHY ARE THEY ALIVE?? Singh Soormey should get back the spirit of Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh, that of Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, that of Sukhdev Singh Sukha and Harjinder Singh Jinda...

4. Jatha-ism in Sikhism (Panth) - All our different MARYADAS, REHITS that are creating schism in Panth. I wont lie, I was once asked a Die-Hard AKJ Singhni, "What are you?", she replied me back that she is "AKJ". Instead of replying :"I am Guru Ji's Singhni" she said that. Many others are the same as her. We should start saying we are Guru Ji's Sikh instead of saying Nihang, AKJ, Taksali, 3HO etc.

5. Disagreements in Panth - Meat issue, Dasam Granth issue, Raagmala Issue, and all other controversial issues that cause problems in Panth, of which other, outside forces take advantage. We should do a big conference at Akal Takht where we will invite 10-10 persons of each viewpoint (pro-Meat and anti-Meat)/(pro-Dasam Granth and anti-Dasam Granth). We will take all prominent persons of each viewpoint and make ONE PANTHIC REHIT MARYADA. I think this is one of the only solutions possible, or else we will keep fighting on these pretty issues for another 150 years! and our real issues are going to get worse by then.

6. Turban ban in Belgium/France

7. Sri Sahib/Kirpan ban in several countries

8. Sikh boys and girls astraying from path of Sikhi in countries like Netherlands, UK (esp Birmingham area), Canada (its getting better, I heard) etc.

9. Punjabi Mafia and Sikh domestic violence problem in Canada

AND MANY MORE ISSUES.

IF I CONTINUE IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER FEW DAYS TO COMPLETE

BHUL CHUK MAAF

WJKK WJKF

i can see from your post you do not much have faith in your guru! you should worry about what you can control in your path god will take care of the rest as he has always done from the time there was only 5 khalsa to there being millions! WKWF! :) ))))

The Guru sahibs said to takeaction, doing Path was one part of being a Sikh.The Gurus said to the Brahmins and Yogis that they had been doing Havens and pujas for 800 yeras to invoke Devis to help them to remove Afghans and Moghuls, but nothing had been achieved.

The Guru Sahibs said to the Sikhs to become Saint Soldiers, and how succesful they became. The British and now the present rulers fear this spirit and hence are doing thier best to destroy it

Veerji, this is just what i wanted to say!! Couldn't have said it better :)

It would appear when there was a price on our heads life was easier.

So true veerji. Atleast then we could do our nitnem with peace, we wouldnt even see one Sikh fighting another.

some good points. We can only do Parchar. In a world where money has become president, this is getting harder by the day.

Manmat is not in only one area like Birmingham it's in everyone. Khalistan can't be made by acting like gangsters on the internet. We should be reading more Gurbani. The Khalistan is in Guru Granth Sahib.

Hanji phenji. But I meant that Birmingham's situation is real bad, as people from there tell me. And some of the people nowadays on internet, are complete ready to punish dushts, but are awaiting a COMPLETE SANT-SIPAHI LEADER, WHO WILL LEAD THEM. So please don't think everybody on net that calls himself Khalistani is some internet warrior or good-for-nothing in real life.

As Sant Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwala sed; "we have many Singh lions, but we are guided by sheep".

Even if we have 1000 Sikh warriors completely ready, we will be nowhere, till we have a NIDDAR SANT SIPAHI like Sant Gyani Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale.

And indeed, the solution to most of the problems is PARCHAR.

But why do we keep telling that Sikhism is not a religion that preaches... Why dont those idiots keep saying this, till we are left without any Sikhs. PARCHAR is allowed in Sikhi. If not, then why did Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj visit upto Egypt in the west, Thailand in East, Tibet in North and Sri Lanka in South? Was it for touristic purposes ? NO, it was for preaching the truth - Sikhi. We should get out of that mentality that Sikhism doesnt allow preaching etc.

The Guru Sahibs set up Goindwal Sahib as a centre to spread Sikhi ideas. Look at some of the old Gurdwaras in the area showing bronze engravings of Sikh Preachers including women being sent by the Guru Sahibs to spread Sikhi teachings around India and neighbouring countries. Kabul and Patna in Bengal had the earliest Sikh teaching centres.

The Guru Sahibs wanted to spread the word of Sikhi , why do people say it is wrong now?

Dhadhi singing finding hard to carry on its legacy

December 15th, 2008 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI -

By Savinder Singh

Amritsar, Dec.15 (ANI): There was a time when Dhadhis, the

traditional Sikh musicians and singers, used to educate and inspire

people by singing the sagas of Gurus" heroic deeds and valour. It was

done in the service of their community.

With the passage of time, not many individuals have been volunteering

to become Dhadhis. This is steadily becoming a major concern for many

members of the Sikh community who wish to see the Sikh culture gain

popularity and respect among the new-age children.

A majority of urban youth today finds it difficult to understand

`Dhadhi" singing.

Not many people may know today that in the early 17th century, Guru

Hargobind, the 6th Sikh master, first employed `Dhadhis" to sing

heroic ballads (vaars) in his court to inspire Sikhs by acts of

valour and heroism.

Today, very few Dhadhi Jathas (groups) remain to carry on the legacy.

It is because there are not many youngsters who are actually

interested in inheriting the legacy, as they find it not so

rewarding. The new generation in Dhadhi singers" family finds it not

so motivating to take up from their family elders.

But there are a few individuals who still wish to treasure the legacy.

Bhai Kulwant Singh, an internationally renowned Dhadhi singer, has

been trying hard to keep alive this dying art. He tells Dhadhi

flourished during the period of the Gurus when traditional ballads of

brave warriors were sung.

"The financial condition of Dhadhi singers is very bad. And this

compels the children of Dhadhi singers not to carry it on further. I

request the Punjab government to take serious note and promote the

tradition of Dhadhi singing. They should encourage more Dhadhi

programmes," Bhai Kulwant Singh, the Dhadhi Singer.

Another person upholding the Dhadhi tradition is Bhai Baldev Singh.

He unified all Dhadhi Jathas (groups) in Punjab and formed `Shiromani

Dhadhi Sabha", an organization which encourages the Sikh youth to

learn `Vaars". Bhai Baldev Singh''s Dhadhi group regularly performs

at Sri Harmandir Sahib (the Golden temple) and helps in keeping alive

the legacy. He believes a proper support to the fading art can

trigger passion to learn it.

"Dhadhi singing is dedicated to the service of religion. Money is a

secondary thing. In this modern age, every person gives priority to

making money for himself, but for us service remains the priority and

money, the secondary. These things (Dhadhi) can never die, but may

dwindle. With the western influence in our society, a majority of

children have been taking to paths that take them to securing a good

income," says Baldev Singh.

A few children also come to him to be trained in playing `Dhadd", a

Punjabi folk instrument. Baldev Singh, said: " It is not just

`Dhadhi" singers who deserve to be supported, the music also needs to

be popularized among the listeners." It is believed that the

Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee, the highest Sikh governing

body, can play a vital role in encouraging the present day youth take

to traditional music.

Historically, `Dhadhis" have remained an integral part of Sikhism.

They have been singing their own poetic compositions about the daring

deeds of Sikh warriors and martyrs.

A Dhadhi group consists of two or three singers, one playing on the

Sarangi, another playing on the Dhadh, and the third may be their

leader, discoursing on the contents of their songs.

Guru Hargobind first employed the Dhadhis or musicians and instructed

them to sing heroic ballads (vaars) in his court to inspire the Sikhs

to take up acts of valour and heroism.

The Dhadhi-groups performed before the Sangat (public) and groups of

Sikh soldiers. These groups subsequently became very popular all over

the Punjab on account of the use of folk tunes and their zealous and

emotional style of singing. These folk singers had hardly any

knowledge of Hindustani classical music, but their appeal to the

masses was irresistible.

But today it is being felt the Dhadhis" culture is imperative to keep

alive this traditional mode of educating the youth and popularizing

Sikh Gurus" lives and acts of chivalry to enable the modern-day youth

to learn from their past. (ANI)

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-..._100131078.html

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fatteh

First of all, if the panth is in a sad state shouldn't we be solving this issue. One of the main problems in our panth is the ease people can take Amrit nowadays its hanji Baba ji and thats it your amrithdari, What if a Shastar was to your throat? People may think its a bit extreme.

If you look at history, you will see many people who have given their lives to the panth, would we really do the same?

We all wear our Sant Jarnail Bhindrawale tops and praise him, but are we not doing him an injustice? I include myself in this criticism, but we spend far too much time reading up on history, yeh we need our history, but there is not one day in the calender when a Sikh brother/sister/father/mother has not put there lives down for us to say today we are the sons and daughters of Guru Gobind Singh ji. We know all this history, but it's time for us to make our own history. Sant Jarnail Bhindrawale didn't spend time talking about it to friends, he followed the Hukam of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Until Blood is spilt

Until we take a stand, then this will continue brothers and sisters.

Bhul Chuk Maarfi

First of all, if the panth is in a sad state shouldn't we be solving this issue. One of the main problems in our panth is the ease people can take Amrit nowadays its hanji Baba ji and thats it your amrithdari, What if a Shastar was to your throat? People may think its a bit extreme.

If you look at history, you will see many people who have given their lives to the panth, would we really do the same?

We all wear our Sant Jarnail Bhindrawale tops and praise him, but are we not doing him an injustice? I include myself in this criticism, but we spend far too much time reading up on history, yeh we need our history, but there is not one day in the calender when a Sikh brother/sister/father/mother has not put there lives down for us to say today we are the sons and daughters of Guru Gobind Singh ji. We know all this history, but it's time for us to make our own history. Sant Jarnail Bhindrawale didn't spend time talking about it to friends, he followed the Hukam of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Until Blood is spilt

Until we take a stand, then this will continue brothers and sisters.

Bhul Chuk Maarfi

For that we need Panthic Ekta. And for Panthic Ekta we need one Maryada and 1 leader: SGGS Maharaj