Changing Ardaas...dont Do It! Arrghhh!

Akritghan

VJKK VJKP!

i would just like to do a benti to sangat...i went to a programme recently in southall and the singhs doing kirtan (youth) were singing the first part of ardaas -taken from SRI CHANDI DI VAAR

PLEASE DO NOT ADD GUR IN FRONT OF THE GURUS NAMES BECAUSE U ARE CHANGING GURBANI...WE SHOULD LEAVE THINGS THE WAY IN WHICH MAHARAJ WROTE THEM...I WAS QUITE SURPRISED COS THESE SINGHS HAVE HAD SANTHIYA FROM TAKSALI SINGHS AND DONE SANGAT OF MAHAPURAKHS...DONT DO IT!

i know the intention of the singhs was to praise Our Guru Sahibs but u are changing gurbani (even if that isnt ur intention)

sorry for any mistakes...i know nothing

VJKK VJKP!

Your points are valid and correct, however they didnt add guru to all the Gurus names, The singh was ucharing correctly, but evrynow and then, he mite had sub-consciencly said it, he would sometimes say Guru tegh bahadur simarieh, ghar nau nidh avai dhai, but mainly said tegh bahadur simarieh..

More care should be taken to make sure we dont add our own bits or modifications to gurbani, and it should be uchared in the way Mahraaj sahib wrote it..

Im not condeming what was said, but a high percentage of granthis when doing ardas in sangat dont also uchar this shabad correctly.

I dont quiet understand, can you elaborate a bit more or give an example? Im confused :6

The first part of the Ardaas, is taken from a bani of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj called "Vaar Sri Bhagauti Ji Ki".

IK ONKAR WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.

SRI BHAGAUTI JI SAHAI.

VAAR SRI BHAGAUTI JI KI PATSHAI DASWEEN.

PRITHAM BHAGAUTI SIMAR KE GURU NANAK LAIN DHIAE

PHIR ANGAD GUR TE AMARDAS, RAMDASAE HOIEN SAHAI.

ARJAN HARGOBIND NOO SIMRAU SRI HAR RAI.

SRI HARKRISHAN DHIAEY, JIS DITHE SABH DUKH JAIE.

TEG BAHADAR SIMARIYE, GHAR NAO NIDH AWAI DHAI. SABH THAIN HOI SAHAI.

So in the original Bani, there are the Guru's name mentioned without the title of Guru before it.. Thats why some people out of their love/sharda for Guru Ji add Guru to their names in the Bani... But by doing this they are changing Bani, which is strictly prohibited in Sikhi.