Bijla Singh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what r u sorry for pjs?

what wrong u did?

and gurmat sangeet thx for opening my eyes

this is the copy of arths by prof. sahib singh from the link u posted. i was not able to read the arths in punjabi from the website and thats why i am posting that in punjabi here

ArQ:- (hy ihMdU qy muslmwn vIro!) vydW jW kurwn Awidk (iek dUjy dIAW) Drm-pusqkW ƒ JUTIAW nwh AwKo [ JUTw qW auh bMdw hY jo iehnW Drm-pusqkW dI ivcwr nhIN krdw [ (Blw, hy mu`lW!) jy qUM ieh AwKdw hYN ik ^udw sB jIvW ivc mOjUd hY qW (aus ^udw A`gy kurbwnI dyx leI) murZI ikauN mwrdw hYN? (kI aus murZI ivc auh Awp nhIN hY? murZI ivc bYTy ^udw dI AMS ƒ mwr ky ^udw dy A`gy hI Bytw krn dw kIh Bwv hY? [1[

The very sad thing is that we as a community have reached such a stage where one Sikh cannot even do veechar of Gurbani, our very purpose of life as Guru-vale, without being made to feel like a heretic.

Shaabash khalsa fauj!

When veechar is done with nimrata, pyaar and in sehaj then no issues arise of animosity and none is left feeling like a heretic for having a disscussion. Instead both parties should leave with a sense of self betterment.

But when one is not open to others opinions, interpretations and views (lacking appreciation for others views) then veechar will never take place in its real sense. Just a 'dressed up' attempt to push your own personal view. The internet doesn't help with this either - it allows for unaccounatbility, veechar is always going to better done in person.

Veer Bijla singh Ji, Excellent original post, very palusblie.

Now 'thru no falut of any1 else except my own' I am more confused. I always thought that when we are 'vichaaring' Gurbani we have to keep couple of things in mind;

1) Guru Amardasji's anmol vachan ' sanjhi sagal jhanei'; Gurbani addresses an issue with an example but the 'sikhiya' applies to all 'not only to the one/ones being addressed'.

2) Gurbani's 'vastu' is eternal and universal while the contemporary example's roop is only applicable to that time's customs, happenings, things etc.

3) Gurbani's 'vastu' always conveys continuouty 'eik-saarta' in the message, 'no mutually opposing messages'

Now when I read the following 'anmol vachan' after looking at your post;

ਸਲੋਕ ਮ ੧ ॥ ਦੀਵਾ ਬਲੈ ਅੰਧੇਰਾ ਜਾਇ ॥ ਬੇਦ ਪਾਠ ਮਤਿ ਪਾਪਾ ਖਾਇ ॥

ਉਗਵੈ ਸੂਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਪੈ ਚੰਦੁ ॥ ਜਹ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਮਿਟੰਤੁ ॥

ਬੇਦ ਪਾਠ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਕੀ ਕਾਰ ॥ ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਪੜ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੀਚਾਰ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਸਭ ਹੋਇ ਖੁਆਰ ॥

I used to understand that Gurbani is always exposing the futility of the ritualised 'karamas'. Hence here the true meaning (as I used to think) is that the ritual of 'paath' as just a worldly 'kaar' does not, but contemplating with real 'bhavana' to understand confers one with the 'gian' to clean the 'mat' to wash away the sins etc.

But than if one goes about this with the understanding you have very plausibly explained in your post then 'ਬੇਦ ਪਾਠ ਮਤਿ ਪਾਪਾ ਖਾਇ' will confuse me, as I cannot then apply the 3 rules mentioned above and interpret this as it has been always been interpreted.

History quite evidently shows us that its not the 'scriptures' but the practices around them which keep on laying more and more bricks on the 'ਕੂੜੈ ਪਾਲਿ' to boost our egos. The very 'false wall' our weak minds cannot break, at least have not been able to do so so far. That I thought was the eternal, universal truth of wonderous Gurbani, but then I may have lost the plot altogether!

Please forgive my ignorance and indulgence.