Kirtaniya From Manchester Smagam

Guest Guest

I think it was the atmosphere of sooo many people at manchester smagam that really did it! it was packed out!! it makes u happy to see so many people get together and atmosphere of everyone singing really loudly together was just amazing.

If only everyone would singh like that when a not so famous keertani or youth keertani where to do the seva

agreed. the real reason too why manchester is always rammed out is because well known keeranis are always doing the keertan.

now if you where at manchester rainsbhai for when manpreet singh came, who saw how many people got up after he finished? like half of darbaar sahib lolll

anyway, everyone try and come to smagam and get as much laha as you can

True, but I guess thats a loss for them then ..

I believe Bibi Harjeet Kaur did kirtan seva right after manpreet singh jee.

Shes a great gursikh with a lot of gyaan, and been around in jatha for a looong time now.

Listening to her do kirtan seva is a blessing !

Guest gupt pooo

But mainstream AKJ smagams also do the same, whenever the main kirtanea leaves the sangat goes, i think the issue is that manchester smagams rock and akj dont like it as they get akj kirtanees BUT akj dont organise it.

I think thats why tarunjeet wrote the article, other akj smagams do the same. Its a well known fact.

Guest Prem Singh

end of the day gurbani is gurbani no matter who sings his praises. so dont jus attend these smagams because a certain famous keertan is attending, attend it to listen to the words of the Guru regardless of whos singing and get the pura laha of it.

But mainstream AKJ smagams also do the same, whenever the main kirtanea leaves the sangat goes, i think the issue is that manchester smagams rock and akj dont like it as they get akj kirtanees BUT akj dont organise it.

I think thats why tarunjeet wrote the article, other akj smagams do the same. Its a well known fact.

hahahaha u samosa my name was on teh manchester poster and I arranged the trasnport lol , its the same to me wether its AKJ or not... Gurbani ain't yours or mine its everyones

i have to agree with majority of posts above. kirtan has become a professional job in most jathas now. some people say its fine because these famous kirtanis bring people to programmes, well if these kirtanis are hyped up soo much and this practise continues then only guru sahib knows what the condition of the panth will be in 5years time. give prime time to youth and the pros can wait for their turn lol.

we should do ardas that kirtan is done like it was done in the olden times like in bhai randhir singhs times. reading such accounts is sooo inspiring, it makes your heart cry out for such kirtan.

though it is inspiring to see some people trying to keep kirtan nirbaan and pure within jathas and the panth as a whole.

fateh

vaheguroo :'(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s5iKevff5aM

I dont think we should put all keertanis in the same category. Keertanis have good karma which is why they can do kirtan in the first place.. so i think we should respect this. We have to also put ourselves in their shoes - imagine getting so much ustat from sangat when getting off stage.. people idolising you again and again.. i think we would all get haumai! big time! I knw for a fact that a lot of keertanis do ardaas tha they dont get this haumai but you can imagine - its HARD. But its not ther fault - its our fault because we carry on doing ustat of the keertani trying to get in their goodbooks when in reality we are not helping them one bit. So whether it is a youth keertani ( they can have haumai 2 ) or a international one - we just refrain from slander and praise.

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh