Play Your Part, Pray For The Panth

AK-47

Date: 30 May 2009

Time: 05:10 - 21:10

Street: High St, Smethwick

Town/City: Smethwick, United Kingdom

Phone: 07878760899

Email: info@chaupaisahib.org

In order to support this aim, The British Sikh Student Federation along with Kaurageous and The Sikh Naujawan Academy will be hosting a 12 hour Chaupai Sahib Jaap on Saturday 30th May 09 at Guru Nanak Gurdwara, High St, Smethwick from 5am till 5pm followed by Katha, Kirtan and Kavishiri.

Please take out the time to attend and support this event.

for Rauls and more info call:

07878760899/07763608328

post-10822-1241940859_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Power of Gurbani:

Sant Darbara Singh of Lopon Wale:

"By having the divine darshan of Adi Guru Granth Sahib ji and the holy hearing of it's hymns--the sins of millions of past lives are obliterated"

"by reading and listening to the amar bachans or immortal praises of Gurbani and by enshrining then in one's heart--the mortal man becomes immortal"

"make a rosary of praises strung upon the light of Gurbani and meditate on it so that the sun of enlightenment effaces all of your pains"

Sant Jagjit Singh (Lopon Wale)

Once a Sikh and Sant Jagjit Singh ji had the following discussion on religious merit:

A Sikh asked Sant ji "Babaji why do pilgrims go to the Kumbh Mela? What merit do they obtain by so going?"

Sant ji said "Bhai, by attending they have twelve years of past sins destroyed"

The Sikh questioned further saying "Babaji, I cannot attend, but I would also like to have twelve years of sins removed, what else could I similarly do?"

Sant Jagjit Singh ji replied "you can bathe in the Ganges or at other places of pilgrimage and the sins will be similarly washed away"

The Sikh continued to ask "Babaji, those places are very far, you seem to be hiding something great, what can I do to gain greater religious merit than these simple acts?"

Sant Jagjit Singh responded by saying "Yes, Bhai, there is something far greater you can do that will remove many more sins than bathing in the Ganges--simply have an Akhand Paath done, and place a vessel of water next to Guru Granth Sahib ji for the whole duration of the recitation, then after it is finished drink that water--it will have been transformed into the most purest nectar by having the holy stream of Gurbani pouring it's spiritual influence into it--this is the true pilgrimage and holy bath that destroys all sins"

Guru's Grace

Gurbani Recitation Cures All Ills

"In the times of Baba Nand Singh ji, the Maharaja of Patiala renounced Sikhism also in favor of Tantric practices, he began to eat meat, drink wine, use intoxicants and commit debauchery, after living such a sinful life he became very ill, as his condition painfully worsened, his court's people got worried and they asked Baba Nand Singh ji who was meditating near by if he could save the Raja,

Baba Nand Singh ji refused and said "the Maharaja had peace when the Guru Granth Sahib was in his palace and hymns were recited therefrom--but since he has removed it his health has declined"

When he was again requested by the Ranis to divinely intervene, Baba Nand Singh ji finally agreed to help, but he said "it is not I who can save the Raja, Akal Purukh will not restore him to health--he is destined to suffer in hell, but through the continued recitation of Gurbani he shall be healed,

Under Baba Nand Singh ji's supervision 101 Sampat Akhand Paaths were started and through the holy influence of those recitations alone--the Raja was liberated from his evil karmas--such is the power of Gurbani".

• 2 weeks later...
Vahiguroo Jee Ka Khalsa,

Vahiguroo Jee Kee Phatehi!

video of chaupai sahib:

WERE DOING IT AGAIN

Date: 25May 2009

Time: 06:00 - 12:00p, (midday)

Street: Sheehy Way

Town/City: Slough, United Kingdom

Phone: 07837066221

Email: gupt_sevadaar@hotmail.co.uk

The aim of Chaupai Sahib One million is to collectively complete 1,000,000 Chaupai Sahib paath’s in memory of the victims of the 1984 genocide, to pray for justice, and for the chardi khala of the Panth, www.chaupaisahib.org

This is our chance to unite across the globe, pray together and demonstrate our unity on this issue.

In order to support this aim, Slough Sikh Sangat will be hosting a 6 hour Chaupai Sahib Jaap on Monday 25 09 at Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Sheehy Way, Slough, Berkshire. Parkaash will be at 3.45am, followed by Nitnem, and hor beant baniaan da ucharan. come feel the bliss of amritvela!!!

a few photos from previous programme (professional lol ) can be found on bhai atma singhs flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/atmasingh/

ive also attached some good ones!

Vahiguroo Jee Ka Khalsa,

Vahiguroo Jee Kee Phatehi!

I hve been doing paths of caupai shaib since 10 years for chardi kala of panth daily between 5- 10 paths apart for chardi kala and success of singhs also jap shaib paths for 20 years .I hope I MUST HAVE CROSSED 30,000 FIGURES OF CHAPUAI SHAIB AND 8 000 JAP SHAIBS PATHS.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Quick reminder, the 12hour Chaupai Sahib Jaap is this Saturday 30th May 09 at Guru Nanak Gurdwara, High St Smethwick from 5am-5pm followed by Kirtan by Acapella Jatha & Ragi Gursharan Singh ji, Katha by Giani Baldev Singh ji and Kavishiri by Jagowale Jatha.

Sewadars still needed for Rauls. To volunteer please contact one of the sewadars below:

07878760899/07763608328

*G5 Sikh Media will be covering the event through audio and visual recordings. A G5 Sikh Media Stall will also be present with the latest hoodies, t-shirts and posters.*