Play Your Part, Pray For The Panth

AK-47

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Sangat Ji, a new initiative has been launched by singhs and singhnia in memory of the 25th anniversary of the 1984 atrocities. We are collectively praying to complete 1 MILLION chaupai sahibs by June 2009. We cannot do this without the help of every single brother, sister, mother and father in the panth getting invovled. Please can we all play our part, for OUR panth and do as many chaupai sahibs as we can. Please see the website;

www.chaupaisahib.org

for more details. We are asking that people email us how many paath you have completed on info@chaupaisahib.org on a weekly/fortnightly basis so that we can keep updating the total completed.

If people cant read gurbani, then you can listen to it, if you cant listen, you can watch the video. We just want everyone to take just 5 mins a day to remember the charan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and to think of the panth. This is an attempt to bring us all together for one cause, i.e. to pray at Guru Ji's charan.

We are praying for;

Guru Ji to PROTECT those that have suffered in the genocides

for JUSTICE against the tyrants and oppressors

for the CHARDI KHALA of the Panth and for sarbat da bhalla.

More info is on the site - which is being updated as we speak so please forgive any shortcomings!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 YEARS

June 1984 saw the armies of India launch a full scale attack on Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar. This was one of the first of a serious of brutal and calculated attacks on the Sikh community designed to ridicule and break the backbone of the faith. In the following 25 years we have seen hundreds of thousands of people lose their lives in what is nothing short of genocide. There has been no justice delivered as those guilty of crimes including murder, rape and torture walk freely and often hold ministerial positions. From the walkways of Darbar Sahib to the streets of Delhi, Sikhs have undergone unspeakable horrors. These people are our family.

WHATS THE PLAN?

The Khalsa is the army of Vaheguru himself and the Khalsa Saint-Soldiers were created to defend the innocent and weak against tyranny and oppression. The Khalsa was formed to be a force which could always be relied upon for help, a people that would never turn anybody away, a house that was always open to the homeless and the wounded.

However, today it seems we have lost our way and rather than helping others, we find ourselves knocking at different doors asking for justice and protection. This is a small attempt to remind us that the only door we need to knock at, is that of the Guru.

sgl duAwr kau Cwif kY gihE quhwro duAwr ]

Sagal duar kau chhad(i) kai, gaiho tuharo duar.

I have abandoned all doors (shelters) and I have come to your door, My Lord.

bWih gey kI lwj As goibMd dws quhwr ]

Banhe gahe ki laj as, Gobind das tuhar

O God (Gobind), kindly protect my honour and grasp my arm, I am Your humble servant.

The aim is to collectively complete 1,000,000 Chaupai Sahib paath’s in memory of the victims of the 1984 genocide, to pray for justice, and to pray for the chardi khala of the Panth. This is our chance to unite as a people across the globe and pray together and demonstrate our unity on this issue.

We cannot do this alone, we need our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers from across the world, from every continent and country to join us and complete this task. As individuals we can only achieve so much, but with the support of Gurbani and the Sangat, we can achieve everything.

So let’s show our conviction and faith in Vaheguru and complete 1,000,000 Chaupai Sahib’s by 4 June 2009.

WHY?

Many of us will say that we have a passion for justice for the victims of 1984 and that we care about the Panth. However, in practical terms we often feel frustrated at not being able to do much to help. This paath will allow each of to make a daily contribution to the betterment of the Panth. We are at a stage where simply attending one day events is not enough, we need to be daily working towards justice and living as true Khalsa’s. If we truly care, then taking out just a few minutes each day is a small contribution to make.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Sangat Ji, a new initiative has been launched by singhs and singhnia in memory of the 25th anniversary of the 1984 atrocities. We are collectively praying to complete 1 MILLION chaupai sahibs by June 2009. We cannot do this without the help of every single brother, sister, mother and father in the panth getting invovled. Please can we all play our part, for OUR panth and do as many chaupai sahibs as we can. Please see the website;

www.chaupaisahib.org

for more details. We are asking that people email us how many paath you have completed on info@chaupaisahib.org on a weekly/fortnightly basis so that we can keep updating the total completed.

If people cant read gurbani, then you can listen to it, if you cant listen, you can watch the video. We just want everyone to take just 5 mins a day to remember the charan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and to think of the panth. This is an attempt to bring us all together for one cause, i.e. to pray at Guru Ji's charan.

We are praying for;

Guru Ji to PROTECT those that have suffered in the genocides

for JUSTICE against the tyrants and oppressors

for the CHARDI KHALA of the Panth and for sarbat da bhalla.

More info is on the site - which is being updated as we speak so please forgive any shortcomings!

BUMPDY BUMP ALL THE WAY. :vaheguru: