Kindly Expand On The Tuk

besoft

• That humble being who is imbued with the Immaculate Naam,[943-16]
  • O Nanak, is himself the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny

Shall be grateful if sangat can expand on this Tuk.I am not able to place the entire sabad in Gurmukhi due to Browser problem and I using windows 98 as operating system.Inconvenience is regretted.

Kindly help.

Thx and regards

Without meeting the True Guru, the Naam cannot be found.[946-8]

As per the above the Naam is to be given by the GOD i.e satguru. Wepeactice on the word 'waheguroo' and 'satanaam waheguru'. Are these the Naam for sikhs. If so what is the exact relevance of the Tuk.

Kindly explain.

Regards

haha dont worry, i had windows 98 until last year.

shabad meaning...

That humble being who is imbued with the Immaculate Naam

that person who forever does naam jaap, paath, sewa simran etc

O Nanak, is himself the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny

(guru) nanak (says), such a person becomes godly like in their ways. i dont think mahraj literally meant we will become god, but our actions will become more godly like.

Without meeting the True Guru, the Naam cannot be found.

naam can be interpretated as another word for peace, naam could refer to amrit but i am assuming here naam is another name for peace. other tuks i can think of are "naam bina sabh duniya chaar" (without the name, the world is an illusion).

if we think about it, how much peace do we get at times when we say "waheguroo"?

so i would say its another name for peace. remember, SGGS was not made just for sikhs, it was something that people from different religions could turn to. And so, by reciting other names such as "aum", "allah" etc, other people find peace.

From my limited knowledge i believe that "naam" is another word for peace.

WJKK WJKF

ਨਉ ਸਰ ਸੁਭਰ ਦਸਵੈ ਪੂਰੇ ॥

no sar subhar dhasavai poorae ||

By practicing control over the nine gates, one attains perfect control over the Tenth Gate.

19 Raamkalee Guru Nanak Dev

Thanks Brother for clarification.

I have above line for some clarification.I presume that 9 gates refer to indriyan etc. How to control these.Kindly explain as to how to achive perfect control over these and as to what is the Tenth gate. Is it physically present in us or is it a metaphoric use.A detailed reply would be very helpful.