'recognize The 1984 Sikh Genocide By India And Press For Justice'

Tera

There is a website called Change.org which gets ideas from the general public and passes them over to Barack Obama's Administration. One idea which has been submitted is: Recognize the 1984 Sikh Genocide by India and press for Justice

Please go to the website below and vote on this idea, you need to register but it seriously only takes a couple of minutes maximum and the idea has the chance to become real policy for America. We need to be in the top 3 in the Genocide category by midnight 31st December 2008 to make it into the second round.

https://www.change.org/ideas/view/recognize...ess_for_justice

The final top 10 ideas will be presented to the Obama Administration on Inauguration Day and will be supported by a national lobbying campaign run by Change.org, MySpace, and more than a dozen leading nonprofits after the Inauguration.

Please forward this via email/ facebook /myspace etc as time is running out if we want to make it into the second round!

Just make sure that links comes out correctly as this forum seems to shorten it.

---------

UPDATE

---------

We have managed to get into third place and if we stay there till midnight the idea is through into the next round. But that doesn't mean we should stop voting.

To the sangat who havent voted, this is absolutely nothing to do with Sikh Politics or Khalistan but instead for Justice and closure to the tens of thousands of families who lost loved ones just because they were Sikhs. The least this will do is increase exposure to the world of the atrocities that occurred.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this will do nothing. its not like there wasnt a justice system during the 80's. it was the same way it is now, but the judges didnt do anything about it. the officers on the scence took full authority of the sitation, and most of the time said they didnt believe in no judge or anything. then when u go tell the judge that so and so officer did this and they said this and this. the judge turns around and tells u that its "out of his hands". when we get these types of responces, wat are we supposed to do??? if we still think we will find justice through their "justice system" thats a big big shame.

baba ji used to say when there is no appeal daleel or vakeel who will listen to ur case, you have take ur own responciblity. maharaj tells us aapan hathi aapna, aape hi kaaj swaariyai.

and that would be wat our father has taught us as well, "choo kaar azz hama heelte dar gazashst, halaal ast burdan bh shamsheer dast"

im sorry, but dont take me the wrong way. it is wat it is. nothing will change untill we bring change with our own hands. but everything will happen when we become maharaj's sikhs, and have that pain for the panth inside of us.

we need to increase our nitnem, only then will all this be possible.

Shastr I totally agree, but is this not also doing something ourelves. Fine it may not do anything, but the fact remains that it MAY. This wasn't set up by me, but when I saw the apathetic nature of us all, it kinda just disgusted me. It will take all of 5 mins to register a vote, like I said it may not do anything but voting for something as important as this must be of value.

Even if nothing comes out it, it is still increased exposure to the world of the atrocities that occurred.

Anyway, First round ends midnight tonight... So we have approx 14 hours to get over 100 more votes.

I just sent out e-mails to everyone I know and posted it on my Facebook profile. Everyone should do the same. Here is the e-mail I sent which you can forward to all your contacts.

There is a website called Change.org which gets ideas from the general public and passes them over to Barack Obama's Administration. One idea which has been submitted is: Recognize the 1984 Sikh Genocide by India and press for Justice

Please go to the website below and vote on this idea, you need to register but it seriously only takes a couple of minutes maximum and the idea has the chance to become real policy for America. We need over 116 votes by midnight 31st December 2008 to make it into the second round.

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/recognize...ess_for_justice

The final top 10 ideas will be presented to the Obama Administration on Inauguration Day and will be supported by a national lobbying campaign run by Change.org, MySpace, and more than a dozen leading nonprofits after the Inauguration.

Please forward this email as time is running out if we want to make it into the second round!

Just make sure that links comes out correctly as this forum seems to shorten it.