Dedicated Sikh Tv Channel On Sky Tv

KIRTANSEVAUK

Waheguru Ji

Today is the first day of the new year and is also the start of a new project

With Guru Jis Kirpa we aim to launch the first dedicated Sikh TV channel in 2010

There will be NO bhangara music videos on this new channel

The aim of the channel will be to promote Sikhi to the youth, and non sikhs alike.

There will be a variety of programming, from Gurbani Kirtan, Katha, Discussion shows to Yoga, Vegetarian cooking, etc etc

At this stage we want to know your thoughts on what you would want on your Sikh channel

could you suggest

1) Catchy Name for the channel

2) what type of programming you would like to see

3) what you would not like to see

4) and any general suggestions

The aim of the channel is to launch in the UK and then go global,

If you would like to contact me directly with your suggestions, support etc please feel free to contact me on 077 939 76746 or email info@ksuk.org

This channel will be the first of its type and i want the sangats support and backing

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely put some historical documentaries on sikhs on there. and i mean objective ones or pro-sikh ones, not the coconut rubbish they teach us in school, or the hindu/muslim junk that some nutjobs try to brainwash us with.

secondly, a sikh news show, which is BASED OUTSIDE OF INDIA. they can give a fair and informative view on world issues and anything affecting sikhi. also they can report on things that happen in india that the indian govt is keen to hush up. they could also have journalists around the globe, kind of like other news shows do. if they do their job well, it will also attract non-sikhs who just want informative and objective news to the channel.

if i get any other ideas i'll put them up. and hopefully others will say what they think of my ideas.