Dedicated Sikh Tv Channel On Sky Tv

KIRTANSEVAUK

how about Waherguru (.tv) - if that's not misuse of the meaning

I have a couple of suggestions for the channel is general also...

1) no stupid adverts being repeated on every break e.g. accident helpline ( no offence to these businesses, but they really put people off watching that channel)

2) a good mixture of programmes in english AND punjabi

3) no depression programmes - another turn off

4) programmes where people go to visit places i.e. like the videos you used to watch in R.E. lessons

5) programmes that improve people's understanding of culture, sort of like that programme "Around the world in 80 faiths"... brilliant!

I'd like to emphasise this last point as i think there is a lot of confusion between traditions of faith and culture e.g. lohri, rakhiri etc

One last thing, as much as I agree with having bani, kathak and whatever else has been mentioned in previous posts, majority of people will not take this on board without understanding how this will apply to their everyday life, hence why i mentioned the points above.

P.S. I'm a young sikh, so if u want to cater for ages, I hope that helps in understanding a young person's view! :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big need is Gyaan, With gyaan you can tackle and counteraxct anyone and any questions, Have katha By Gyaan Vaan Gursikhs, Mahapurkhs, Sants etc, also English Katha, thers loads of events up and down the country, Have recordings from those events up. I personally would like, Katha playing with pictures, There are several very inspirational kathas by Sant Jarnail Singh, Sant Kartaar Singh etc etc, these difinately need to be played, 84 marches - moderate. Theres loads on Gurmatveechar, check it. Smagam videos, there soo much.