3ho's Have Lost The Plot!

soorma84

By the way:

Those of of you who say

1) Who cares about the world, we are just supposed to care about our own soul.

2) All you need is "Naam" when you are terminally ill or very sick and in pain.

If you believe either of those things, you have NEVER been seriously ill before.

Shame on you. Hemp is NOT some negative drug, it is one of the greatest medicines ever.

But as said before, I will be heading to India to learn Punjab (So I can read the Guru Granth Sahib) and do Seva at the Golden Temple and elsewhere.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way:

Those of of you who say

If you believe either of those things, you have NEVER been seriously ill before.

Shame on you. Hemp is NOT some negative drug, it is one of the greatest medicines ever.

Veer Jee, Naam has a power that we as are mere mortals cannot even begin to understand. If you read the translation of Jaap Sahib, all those qualities, Naam posseses. I'm sure Gursikhs can tell you many stories of seriously ill even dying people being healed by Naam, believe it or not, it happens. As for the world, that's up to Guru Sahib and in his hands, not for us to worry about, we can only do our best to follow Guru Sahib's teachings (which does mean serving humanity and being caring, but not about the world itself). Ok fine, you're smoking Cannabis now because you are genuinely using it for a medicinal purpose, but if you go on using it throughout your life (even after having taken Amrit) under the pretence of medicinal use (my head hurts, or I cut my finger oh let's blaze one up, to "keep going" for a school paper) you're only fooling yourself.

I would also recommend you read up on Nimrata (humility) as well as Ahankar (ego).

Oh, I was just curious, are you putting tobacco in your joints? Because if you are, that is totally not allowed in Sikhi medicinal or otherwise.

Dearest Blissful Sikh Jee,

I'm glad to hear that my words meant something to you . As i said you have magically stumbled across Sikhism and that is remarkable .It must be quite unpleaant for you to suddenly realise that the 2 things that mean a lot to you dont really go hand in hand .But such is life ,where we have to make choices and sacrifices .Indeed Sikhism is about making the right choice and about sacrifice . Even if hemp has anything good in it it is only one of the things of this world .Sikhism however looks after your ' lokh and parlokh'(this life and afterlife.At the root of sikhism lies a secret .This secret is called Naam /Shabad / Amrit. Amrit is the divine celestial unseen cosmic fluid that grants you immortal powers/supernatural power and removes any sickness etc etc .Even a tiny micro drop of this fluid that Gurujee gives you and releases within your consciousness ,results in something like a Big Bang within you akin to a new universe being created .Rather then hemp ,pray and yearn to Gurujee to give you this amrit because once you get it ,hemp is like a tiny toy before the mighty force of amrit .Amrit will make you lose your dependency on hemp to cure your condition ,amrit will bring lion's strength into your muscles ,Amrit will awaken the inner hero in you ,Amrit will awaken your senses ,Amrit will help you experience divine intoxication like you never experienced before ,Amrit will make you look and feel so very high without any drugs or alcohol . I do not take any drugs or alcohol ,but i have lost count of the number of times people thought i was either drunk or very high on drugs because of Amrit flowing through my being .Amrit makes you the guy wiv the biggest broadest smile wivout a penny in your pocket .Amrit makes you feel as light as a feather ,Amrit makes your mind body and soul so so magical that you become a living force spewing forth with ideas ,radiant with joy ,and there is sunshine in your life . If you read history it is filled wiv harrowing stories of terible physical wounds and injuries of the martyrs who had to fight for the faith but it was Amrit that gave them the strength to undergo such sufferings and painful deaths .

Look at the story i told you earlier about rob .Other people i know are still on secondary drugs to cure them of their primary drug depency ,depression ,bi-polar and still need counselling and still need attend AA and NA meetings .But Rob turned to Naam ,to Bani ,and never needed to look back .Now he can carry on wiv his life as normal .This is the power in Sikhi . I know you have been very influenced by that book you read but as you grow older you will realise that except for Guru Granth Sahib ,the truth does not all come in one book .All authors have a way of convincing their readers that they are the presenters of the ultimate truth .However age and experience teach you to take things with a pinch of salt ,to realise that you have to read around a lot to have a balanced view of things .Maybe you need to read Guru Granth Sahib from A to Z in an online translation and only trust Gurujee's words as the gospel truth ,nobody else's .

You mentioned that you will be taking cannabis all your life as its your belief . I do question that because the future of everything is in God's hands and only He knows how this unpredictable journey of life is going to make us shed our old beliefs and take on new ideas along the way .The secret of life is not to be stubborn and cling like dear life to your beliefs but to be light footed like a leopord and only interest yourself in the pursuit of truth .Guru Nanak never asks his Sikhs to have a set of beliefs and to be die-hard stubborn about them .Instead Gurujee asks us to search for the Truth . You will see the words meaning truth like 'sach', 'sat' , strewn all over gurbani ,and the word sikh itself means a seeker of the truth .

i am not interested in living my life according to a bunch of opinions and beliefs but im definately interested in living a life based on seekng the REAL truth behind all things .Beliefs are like temporary clouds but truth is the glorious sunshine .

I noted with joy that you wake up to read panj bani every morning .However please start to read them very slowly ,going through their translation . Japjee is like a ladder ,you will note ,each stanza is like a ladder rung taking you to a higer linked related understanding in the next rung of the ladder .It creates out of you a human being totally non dependent on drugs whose consciousness abides in the powerful region of sachkhand or the realm of truth .In the next prayer -Jaap you come face to face with a Supreme Cosmic Energiser who is omnipresent/omniscient and omnipotent who could in a blink of a second remove you of any life long dependency on cannabis ..Next you through through Tav prasad savaiyeh ,which jolts you into living in a surrendered state to the spirit of God within you rather than to your littl;e beliefs .And that humbly propels you to read then the Benti chaupyee ,where through 25 very short 4 line poems you pray wiv all your heart to the Divine Consciousness i.e God to grab you and look after you .And ultimately then you swim your way through 40 beautiful short poems of the Anand Sahib like a swan smiling in bliss and glee and anand .

Likewise,you mentioned that at 6a.m you do Naam Simran .i really luv you for that .When you do that remember its not a meaningless mantra you chant but its a password to connect you to the most magical oceon of the greatest most powerful drug you could find on earth i.e Amrit within you .Hence remember that you are praising through ''wah '' ,the living god presence/substance in you called ''Guru''.If you focus on simran as a mode for you to get online(like you do on msn mesenger) wiv God within you ,you are in for a pleasant surprise hahaaaaa .

Further ,i strongly urge you to get in contact with other young blessed sikhs in your area .you must be in USA or Canada hence there are a few organisations with a lot of young inspired ,enthusiastic ,bubbling sikhs there of your age . I think this includes the AKJ/DODRA/3HO organisations if you google on them .This will help you to really get in touch with sikhs and the sikh way of life .Also get hold of a copy of a book called the '' Spirit Born People'' by professor puran singh .

This are exciting times for you i can see .You are waking up to a life where you can drug free and suddenly you are realising that in fact this sikhism you have come across is not just a little philosophy or set of eastern beliefs that can conveniently sit together with a cannabis smoking lifestyle with a little chanting on the side .,But in fact that SIKHISM is a beautiful advanced ,progressive way of life based on simple ,non drug based living ,empowered and fuelled by Amrit the secret mystical cosmic liquid of God that creates a lion out of a man and gives you immortal power and life .

Read some online stories of sikh martyrs ,and read about the Khalsa and you will realise that you are facing the greatest challenge of your life.On one hand faces you bleakly a life based on dependency on a drug called cannabis(well justified by a few book writers who aint God ),where you want to live a life of synthesis incorporating cannabis and a mild weakened diluted version of sikhism . On the other ,Sikhism offers you a chance to completely liberate yourself of cannabis and be transformed into a ''man lion(singh)'',i.e a sant siphaee(saint soldier) and a KHALSA .

A similar dilemna like yours was posted by another heroin recovering guy who was on methadone/cannabis support on this website a few months ago .please read through all the posts for that thread too ,and my contribution too as i mentioned on it an israeli based theraphy that takes away the need for a life long dependency on cannabis .There is not a single experience ,not a single benefit ,not a single high state you can experience with cannabis that you cannot experience a trillion trilliion times better through Naam Simran .

Guru Nanak wants to hold your hand ,but He wants you to come to Him Empty handed like a beggar ,not with your baggage of beliefs and opinions .He knows how to transform you into a star and He knows how to light a little fire in your haystack that will burn away all your addictions ,your illnesses and your depressions ,but you need to surrender to Him unconditionally .Then as Japjee morning prayer says ,you will conquer your mind ,and through that conquer your universe .Come to Guru Nanak as the lowliest beggar ,Come to Him with hands up ,Come to Him naked ,Come to him depending on nothing and no one ,Come to Him broken hearted and Guru Nanak will lift you in his arms like a baby ,cuddle you ,kiss you ,caress you and keep you as His .

By the way:

Those of of you who say

But as said before, I will be heading to India to learn Punjab (So I can read the Guru Granth Sahib) and do Seva at the Golden Temple and elsewhere.

Dear Veer, I can understand from where u are coming. Its a free world and if u wish to take cannabis/hemp(in reasonable amounts), u have the freedom. At the same time, hukka(smoking non-tobacco drugs) is a bajjar kurehit(cardinal sin) in my book. IF u wish to take hemp/cannabis, dont smoke it.(u are IMMENSELY hurting the fellow sikhs by smoking ).

I COMPLETELY AGREE that as a sikh we need to care for the world and environmentalism is one important part of it(there are some people who over do the enviroment thing for popularity or to hide their weakenss to stand against injustice).

Its a selfish world and people have become selfish in spirituality too. U seem to be a pure hearted person and people like you can EASILY RISE MUCH HIGHER in spirituality tthan these selfish spiritual guys if u keep proper rehitt.

I consider u a PYARAA dear cute brother of mine and its an order/threat

DONT DARE TO SMOKE AGAIN!

I'm glad to hear that my words meant something to you . As i said you have magically stumbled across Sikhism and that is remarkable .It must be quite unpleaant for you to suddenly realise that the 2 things that mean a lot to you dont really go hand in hand .But such is life ,where we have to make choices and sacrifices .Indeed Sikhism is about making the right choice and about sacrifice . Even if hemp has anything good in it it is only one of the things of this world .Sikhism however looks after your ' lokh and parlokh'(this life and afterlife.At the root of sikhism lies a secret .This secret is called Naam /Shabad / Amrit. Amrit is the divine celestial unseen cosmic fluid that grants you immortal powers/supernatural power and removes any sickness etc etc .Even a tiny micro drop of this fluid that Gurujee gives you and releases within your consciousness ,results in something like a Big Bang within you akin to a new universe being created .Rather then hemp ,pray and yearn to Gurujee to give you this amrit because once you get it ,hemp is like a tiny toy before the mighty force of amrit .Amrit will make you lose your dependency on hemp to cure your condition ,amrit will bring lion's strength into your muscles ,Amrit will awaken the inner hero in you ,Amrit will awaken your senses ,Amrit will help you experience divine intoxication like you never experienced before ,Amrit will make you look and feel so very high without any drugs or alcohol . I do not take any drugs or alcohol ,but i have lost count of the number of times people thought i was either drunk or very high on drugs because of Amrit flowing through my being .Amrit makes you the guy wiv the biggest broadest smile wivout a penny in your pocket .Amrit makes you feel as light as a feather ,Amrit makes your mind body and soul so so magical that you become a living force spewing forth with ideas ,radiant with joy ,and there is sunshine in your life . If you read history it is filled wiv harrowing stories of terible physical wounds and injuries of the martyrs who had to fight for the faith but it was Amrit that gave them the strength to undergo such sufferings and painful deaths .

Look at the story i told you earlier about rob .Other people i know are still on secondary drugs to cure them of their primary drug depency ,depression ,bi-polar and still need counselling and still need attend AA and NA meetings .But Rob turned to Naam ,to Bani ,and never needed to look back .Now he can carry on wiv his life as normal .This is the power in Sikhi . I know you have been very influenced by that book you read but as you grow older you will realise that except for Guru Granth Sahib ,the truth does not all come in one book .All authors have a way of convincing their readers that they are the presenters of the ultimate truth .However age and experience teach you to take things with a pinch of salt ,to realise that you have to read around a lot to have a balanced view of things .Maybe you need to read Guru Granth Sahib from A to Z in an online translation and only trust Gurujee's words as the gospel truth ,nobody else's .

You mentioned that you will be taking cannabis all your life as its your belief . I do question that because the future of everything is in God's hands and only He knows how this unpredictable journey of life is going to make us shed our old beliefs and take on new ideas along the way .The secret of life is not to be stubborn and cling like dear life to your beliefs but to be light footed like a leopord and only interest yourself in the pursuit of truth .Guru Nanak never asks his Sikhs to have a set of beliefs and to be die-hard stubborn about them .Instead Gurujee asks us to search for the Truth . You will see the words meaning truth like 'sach', 'sat' , strewn all over gurbani ,and the word sikh itself means a seeker of the truth .

i am not interested in living my life according to a bunch of opinions and beliefs but im definately interested in living a life based on seekng the REAL truth behind all things .Beliefs are like temporary clouds but truth is the glorious sunshine .

I noted with joy that you wake up to read panj bani every morning .However please start to read them very slowly ,going through their translation . Japjee is like a ladder ,you will note ,each stanza is like a ladder rung taking you to a higer linked related understanding in the next rung of the ladder .It creates out of you a human being totally non dependent on drugs whose consciousness abides in the powerful region of sachkhand or the realm of truth .In the next prayer -Jaap you come face to face with a Supreme Cosmic Energiser who is omnipresent/omniscient and omnipotent who could in a blink of a second remove you of any life long dependency on cannabis ..Next you through through Tav prasad savaiyeh ,which jolts you into living in a surrendered state to the spirit of God within you rather than to your littl;e beliefs .And that humbly propels you to read then the Benti chaupyee ,where through 25 very short 4 line poems you pray wiv all your heart to the Divine Consciousness i.e God to grab you and look after you .And ultimately then you swim your way through 40 beautiful short poems of the Anand Sahib like a swan smiling in bliss and glee and anand .

Likewise,you mentioned that at 6a.m you do Naam Simran .i really luv you for that .When you do that remember its not a meaningless mantra you chant but its a password to connect you to the most magical oceon of the greatest most powerful drug you could find on earth i.e Amrit within you .Hence remember that you are praising through ''wah '' ,the living god presence/substance in you called ''Guru''.If you focus on simran as a mode for you to get online(like you do on msn mesenger) wiv God within you ,you are in for a pleasant surprise hahaaaaa .

Further ,i strongly urge you to get in contact with other young blessed sikhs in your area .you must be in USA or Canada hence there are a few organisations with a lot of young inspired ,enthusiastic ,bubbling sikhs there of your age . I think this includes the AKJ/DODRA/3HO organisations if you google on them .This will help you to really get in touch with sikhs and the sikh way of life .Also get hold of a copy of a book called the '' Spirit Born People'' by professor puran singh .

This are exciting times for you i can see .You are waking up to a life where you can drug free and suddenly you are realising that in fact this sikhism you have come across is not just a little philosophy or set of eastern beliefs that can conveniently sit together with a cannabis smoking lifestyle with a little chanting on the side .,But in fact that SIKHISM is a beautiful advanced ,progressive way of life based on simple ,non drug based living ,empowered and fuelled by Amrit the secret mystical cosmic liquid of God that creates a lion out of a man and gives you immortal power and life .

Read some online stories of sikh martyrs ,and read about the Khalsa and you will realise that you are facing the greatest challenge of your life.On one hand faces you bleakly a life based on dependency on a drug called cannabis(well justified by a few book writers who aint God ),where you want to live a life of synthesis incorporating cannabis and a mild weakened diluted version of sikhism . On the other ,Sikhism offers you a chance to completely liberate yourself of cannabis and be transformed into a ''man lion(singh)'',i.e a sant siphaee(saint soldier) and a KHALSA .

A similar dilemna like yours was posted by another heroin recovering guy who was on methadone/cannabis support on this website a few months ago .please read through all the posts for that thread too ,and my contribution too as i mentioned on it an israeli based theraphy that takes away the need for a life long dependency on cannabis .There is not a single experience ,not a single benefit ,not a single high state you can experience with cannabis that you cannot experience a trillion trilliion times better through Naam Simran .

Guru Nanak wants to hold your hand ,but He wants you to come to Him Empty handed like a beggar ,not with your baggage of beliefs and opinions .He knows how to transform you into a star and He knows how to light a little fire in your haystack that will burn away all your addictions ,your illnesses and your depressions ,but you need to surrender to Him unconditionally .Then as Japjee morning prayer says ,you will conquer your mind ,and through that conquer your universe .Come to Guru Nanak as the lowliest beggar ,Come to Him with hands up ,Come to Him naked ,Come to him depending on nothing and no one ,Come to Him broken hearted and Guru Nanak will lift you in his arms like a baby ,cuddle you ,kiss you ,caress you and keep you as His .

That was me that you are talking about, that old post about the heroin addict.

And for the other person saying that I'm: "Replacing one drug with another, and I don't want to talk about it because I can't prove anything I say and I'M the one who is full of rubbish." can't prove a thing he says.

Scientists have proven Cannabis adds more neuron pathways in your brain, thus making you smarter. There has never been one death from Cannabis, and if you think me using a MEDICINE such as Cannabis is as bad as heroin addiction then you have not a CLUE of the reality of the situation.

And no, I don't mix tobacco with my cannabis, it is a horrible plant that Guru Gobind Singhs horse would not even go near.

I do read my Bani and rehras and Kirtan Sohilas with the most pure of intentions, infact sometimes it takes me forever just to get through each one because I have to re-read and re-read something becaues it just amazes me.

Thank you all for your kind words and hope! One day I will be well and sober and without the need of this plant, but until then I will use it. And when I am not using it as a medicine for myself I will incourage others who are ill to use it, and as for HEMP being used as a fuel and textile, I will ALWAYS support.

I just can't wait until September, the last step of my healing process will be bathing in the Sarovar at the Golden Temple and then doing tons of Seva.

That was me that you are talking about, that old post about the heroin addict.

And for the other person saying that I'm: "Replacing one drug with another, and I don't want to talk about it because I can't prove anything I say and I'M the one who is full of rubbish." can't prove a thing he says.

Scientists have proven Cannabis adds more neuron pathways in your brain, thus making you smarter. There has never been one death from Cannabis, and if you think me using a MEDICINE such as Cannabis is as bad as heroin addiction then you have not a CLUE of the reality of the situation.

And no, I don't mix tobacco with my cannabis, it is a horrible plant that Guru Gobind Singhs horse would not even go near.

I do read my Bani and rehras and Kirtan Sohilas with the most pure of intentions, infact sometimes it takes me forever just to get through each one because I have to re-read and re-read something becaues it just amazes me.

Thank you all for your kind words and hope! One day I will be well and sober and without the need of this plant, but until then I will use it. And when I am not using it as a medicine for myself I will incourage others who are ill to use it, and as for HEMP being used as a fuel and textile, I will ALWAYS support.

I just can't wait until September, the last step of my healing process will be bathing in the Sarovar at the Golden Temple and then doing tons of Seva.

Blissful Sikh,

If u were a girl, I would have married u FORCEFULLY. I would have come on a horse(with an AK-47 tied to a second gaatra) and WOULD HAVE PICKED U UP.

Yogi Harbhajan singh must be still proud of his "White team" he used to show of alot.

This what happens for not teaching them the correct path.

wjkk wjkf!

Oh come on now, now your slandering a man who actually did the reverse by taking a generation of drug addicts off intoxicants through Yoga and Sikhi. Their are far more examples of those coming off drugs than the one video of a Boy doing drugs as shown in the youtube video (which mind you makes no reference to 3HO)

I think theres a hint of prejudice against 3HO which is being exposed in this thread.

I have seen Brown "Singhs" smoke, do Bhangra (they're definitely going to hell now!), drink along with many other things. Its also not uncommon for so called "Gyanis" to be caught in cases of molestation or seen going to strip clubs, etc.

Now contrary to popular belief, these happenings are very common in the Punjabi community and sometimes these individuals belong to "Jathas" .... now are we willing to... or do we find it appropriate to label that entire Jatha?

If not, why are we doing it in this thread. I can guarantee you much worse things happen outside the 3HO community than inside.

Majority of the 3HO ppl do dance and do un gurmat things...taking off your kakkars while doing ANYTHING is wrong, even goin on a plane and taking your kirpan is rong, but is more understandable and more acceptable in socciety for some reason...and the fact that poeple keep defending these 3HO lots is disgusting, and to try to say well people in punjab are doing the same thing does mean anything, all it means is that in punjab there corrupt and so are these 3HO ppl. Majority of khalsa panth(REAL KHALSA) Would NEVER accept this kind of behavior.

Yogi Harbhajan singh must be still proud of his "White team" he used to show of alot.

This what happens for not teaching them the correct path.

wjkk wjkf!

Oh come on now, now your slandering a man who actually did the reverse by taking a generation of drug addicts off intoxicants through Yoga and Sikhi. Their are far more examples of those coming off drugs than the one video of a Boy doing drugs as shown in the youtube video (which mind you makes no reference to 3HO)

I think theres a hint of prejudice against 3HO which is being exposed in this thread.

I have seen Brown "Singhs" smoke, do Bhangra (they're definitely going to hell now!), drink along with many other things. Its also not uncommon for so called "Gyanis" to be caught in cases of molestation or seen going to strip clubs, etc.

Now contrary to popular belief, these happenings are very common in the Punjabi community and sometimes these individuals belong to "Jathas" .... now are we willing to... or do we find it appropriate to label that entire Jatha?

If not, why are we doing it in this thread. I can guarantee you much worse things happen outside the 3HO community than inside.

Majority of the 3HO ppl do dance and do un gurmat things...taking off your kakkars while doing ANYTHING is wrong, even goin on a plane and taking your kirpan is rong, but is more understandable and more acceptable in socciety for some reason...and the fact that poeple keep defending these 3HO lots is disgusting, and to try to say well people in punjab are doing the same thing does mean anything, all it means is that in punjab there corrupt and so are these 3HO ppl. Majority of khalsa panth(REAL KHALSA) Would NEVER accept this kind of behavior.

The best way to correct 3HO sikhs is for the brown sikhs(in west and punjab) to lead by example.

I agree dancing is manmatt but its better than the "tatt khalsa" dating their sisters in the late night kirtans. 3HO sikhs do their manmatt activities OPENLY and dont hide or act clever.

The bestt way to correct 3HO sikhs is for someone like Baba Mitt Singh Jee, Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale to take birth in the west. RESPECT IS EARNED(not forced) and running to west via cheating, running after jannanis to west, using fake asylums, etc is not going to earn the respect of 3HO.

blissful sikh jee

hahaaaa this makes it even better because im speaking to the same guy .i thought i had lost you in the past and was wondering where you went!

just a couple of quick points .firstly ,our 10 Gurus did not use any cannabis to add more motor neurons to their brain and neither prescribed it for any illnesses befalling on the early sikh devotees of their time . this is something you need to consider very seriously .If you do a gurbani search on the word ''man,pronounced as ma-n,'' i.e the mind ,you will realise its one of the most common words in gurbani in Guru Granth Sahib ,because its the mind which is the real playing field where the cosmic battle is fought to conquer maya ,resulting in the opening of the celestial 10th door of consciousness in the mind ,or inverting of the inner hidden lotus resulting in enlightenment .Gurbani talks endlessly about how the mind can become weak ,addicted , vulnerable ,depressed ,stubborn,unhappy,confused and restless .However Gurbani gives the cure too ,and the cure is not in cannabis etc but in immersing the mind in Naam ,in surrendering to the power of God within and in humble constant prayer to God .Gurbani tells us how this mind can become very powerful ,enlightened ,beautiful,peaceful,blissful ,rested ,calm ,tranquil ,serene and awake through depending on Naam .Gurbani says 'mera baid gur govinda '' i.e only the Guru ,the master of the universe is the real 'doctor' or curer of our illnesses .and He does this by administering Naam to us .If you are reading Gurbani over and over again as you said you will realise the truth of everything im saying in my last and present set of posts to you .

i urge you to not get into a rebuttal mode ,not taking in seriusly the tons of advice i am giving you ,by becoming quickly defensive ,quickly flicking it off without reading and reading lots of times what i have said and will say but just constantly wanting to stand your ground concerning cannabis usage as if its become your new found God .God creates a trillion things ,and cannabis is only one of them so focus on God nothing else . your stubborness in standing your ground will take you no where in your life .Your humblessness in chewing and reflecting on the words of many on this forum who understand your dilemna and are being kind ,soft and gentle with you ,will show that you realise that sikhism is about loving ,sharing ,caring and that fellow sikhs ,far more experienced than you are extending you a hand of support ,not hating ,banishing or cursing you .You need to hold this hand of support being offered to you and learn from others who have been on the path of sikhism .Sikhism is not something you cook up in your bedroom as you suck on a bong and then start getting some realisations or say waheguru as you exhale and feel stoned . Sikhism is earned by making yourself completely 100% sobered up ,and reading Gurbani not just for as you said 'the purest of intentions'', but for the sake of utterly challenging yourself about everything and anything you believe in .Also Sikhism is best learned by seeking the advice of fellow sikhs/gurmukhs who are more experienced who can help you on your path.A lot of people out there respect me for my knowledge of keertan ,gurbani etc etc but i can humbly tell you i am only who i am because of the grace that countless blessed sikhs have showered on me by sharing their knowledge with me .My response was never like yours of wanting to constantly debate with the wisest of persons coming on my turf ,but rather of wanting to hungrily absorb whatever blessed sikhs had to share with me and see the light of their reasonings .i only say all this because i trust you to be a sincere person who wants to know the truth about your life .

if you dwell on the millions of threads of different topics on this forum ,or other sikh online forums ,and if you dwell in the company of blessed/devoted committed sikhs you will realise that sikhs are one of the most intelligent people on this earth .Alot of sikhs who post on this forum are sikhs of your age or even youger like 14 or 15 or 16 .But sometimes i am dumbfounded how very very inteligent ,clever ,highly informed ,and articulate these young baptised naam chanting ,bani reading sikh youths on this forum are .they dont need any more motor neuron pathways in their brains! hahaaaaaaaaaa .they got too many of these motor neuron pathways in their brains already!!!!- by being baptised in the fire of Naam ,by doing amritvela jaap and by their cnstant reading of gurbani ,etc et c . this can happen for you too ,if you really wanted it without cannabis . i so so urge you to go to your doctor and ask him to guide you on a non cannabis based theraphy ,if not do it the simple way and you wont die but live ---which i have prescribed before ,i.e start taking cold showers ,start eating lots very high protein ,high vit and mioneral content foods ,chanting at least a couple of hours a day ,be surrounded by tons of the company of young inspired baptised sikhs etc etc .Dont be scared of death ,but face it like a warrior .Dont be scared of your addiction and resort to cannabis but face your addiction like a fearless warrior .And once you got off your cannabis dont go around preaching about it ,but go around preaching about sikhism .in your life there cannot be 2 gods but one .I live in the west and i have seen plenty of canabis dependent youths whose minds have become blank ,lazy ,and sloppy believe me .

i will share with you another story about another person in my life relating to cannabis .he is a white english guy known as craig from the birmingham area of the UK .he came as a customer into my restaurant in 1997 when he was a lanky tall 22 yr old lad .we became mates .he took me and showed me his room .it was in a hostel filled with dodgy people living on drugs and alcohol addiction .this was what had been offered to him when he moved to the southwest in search of a new life .Immediately i told him to pack his bags and move into my house and gave him a room .I Realised that he just like you was constantly needing cannabis .his cheeks were sunk ,his diet was poor ,his mind was weak and confused ,he had lost hisself confidence .and his behaviour was a little schizophrenic and unpredictable .he smoked pure weed ,even used a bong like you .

Luckily he had respect for me and was a humble guy .I made him start awake every morning and after a shower go for a morning walk with me .Then he went through the whole sikhism thing like rob ,the white norwegian did in my earlier story .He even took a new sikh name of Anoop Singh .Then he joined the gym ,started going swimming ,started eating vegeterian sikh food as his staple diet .Then he started a part time diploma in business studies . Within a few months he COMPLETELY COMPLETELY STOPPED the use of any cannabis .He went on to do a degree in business information systems .Next he did a masters degree in economics and accounting at one of britains top universities i.e university of bristol . I dont know how many motor neurons must have come alive and got added to his brain by stopping cannabis ,eating the right food and embarking on education and doing naam chanting .Recently he was selected and hand picked to become a high ranking officer with the Birmingham Police Force .

dear blissful sikh you stand at the door of the greatest blessing you could dream of in a trillion lifetimes .The baptism of Guru Gobind Singh is at hand .So stop any romantacism you have on cannabis ,sober up yourself ,eat top quality food ,start exercising ,clean up your lungs and get going again in your life by being serious about sikhism ,about Guru Granth Sahib and about chanting and amritvela .i promise you this will give you a trillion trillion trillion more motor neurons than all the cannabis in the world put together .

my support is for you 100% if you need it .