Times To Do Paat

Guest SinghSS

Guest SinghSS

Fateh

I want ot start doing my daily paat and i wanted to know that what times do i do em e.g. what time do i do japji sahib, jaap sahib etc

can som1 plz tell me asap

thanks

fateh

As Hershi mentioned, "Amrit Vela", 12am-6am ish is suitable for doing the Panj Baniyan.

The Panj Baniyan include: Jap Ji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tav Prasad Savaiye, Chaupee Sahib, and Anand Sahib.

This time is suggested because there are 'less' worldly noises at this time and the negative worldly energy is also at rest. This allows you to follow the 'raag' of the bani more easily so that you can connect with God with an ease. Noises generally tend to become a distraction for your 'dhiaan' or 'concentration' unless you have practice.

But this doesn't mean that you are restricted to do these Paaths at only these 'given' times. Not at all. You can remember him whenever you want. Maharaj Ji says to remember him ALL the time! =)

Love means to be carefree. To be Vehparvah! Care nothing about the world or your surroundings. Just love him or do Paath whenever you feel like doing it. =)

You can remember him 'lovingly' anytime. :)

Just below is a Shabad in which Maharaj Ji answers your question in Sriraag. Aren't you special! =)

sireeraag mehalaa 3 ||

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:

ਜੇ ਵੇਲਾ ਵਖਤੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਤਾ ਕਿਤੁ ਵੇਲਾ ਭਗਤਿ ਹੋਇ

jae vaelaa vakhath veechaareeai thaa kith vaelaa bhagath hoe ||

Consider the time and the moment-when should we worship the Lord?

4 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੇ ਰਤਿਆ ਸਚੇ ਸਚੀ ਸੋਇ

anadhin naamae rathiaa sachae sachee soe ||

Night and day, one who is attuned to the Name of the True Lord is true.

4 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਇਕੁ ਤਿਲੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਿਨੇਹੀ ਹੋਇ

eik thil piaaraa visarai bhagath kinaehee hoe ||

If someone forgets the Beloved Lord, even for an instant, what sort of devotion is that?

5 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਸਾਚ ਸਿਉ ਸਾਸੁ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਕੋਇ

man than seethal saach sio saas n birathhaa koe ||1||

One whose mind and body are cooled and soothed by the True Lord-no breath of his is wasted. ||1||

5 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇ

maerae man har kaa naam dhhiaae ||

O my mind, meditate on the Name of the Lord.

6 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਸਾਚੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਤਾ ਥੀਐ ਜਾ ਹਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ਰਹਾਉ

saachee bhagath thaa thheeai jaa har vasai man aae ||1|| rehaao ||

True devotional worship is performed when the Lord comes to dwell in the mind. ||1||Pause||

6 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਸਹਜੇ ਖੇਤੀ ਰਾਹੀਐ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਬੀਜੁ ਪਾਇ

sehajae khaethee raaheeai sach naam beej paae ||

With intuitive ease, cultivate your farm, and plant the Seed of the True Name.

7 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਖੇਤੀ ਜੰਮੀ ਅਗਲੀ ਮਨੂਆ ਰਜਾ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ

khaethee janmee agalee manooaa rajaa sehaj subhaae ||

The seedlings have sprouted luxuriantly, and with intuitive ease, the mind is satisfied.

7 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਤੁ ਪੀਤੈ ਤਿਖ ਜਾਇ

gur kaa sabadh anmrith hai jith peethai thikh jaae ||

The Word of the Guru's Shabad is Ambrosial Nectar; drinking it in, thirst is quenched.

8 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਚਿ ਰਤਾ ਸਚੇ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ

eihu man saachaa sach rathaa sachae rehiaa samaae ||2||

This true mind is attuned to Truth, and it remains permeated with the True One. ||2||

8 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਆਖਣੁ ਵੇਖਣੁ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਸਬਦੇ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ

aakhan vaekhan bolanaa sabadhae rehiaa samaae ||

In speaking, in seeing and in words, remain immersed in the Shabad.

9 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਬਾਣੀ ਵਜੀ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਸਚੋ ਸਚੁ ਸੁਣਾਇ

baanee vajee chahu jugee sacho sach sunaae ||

The Word of the Guru's Bani vibrates throughout the four ages. As Truth, it teaches Truth.

9 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਹਉਮੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਹਿ ਗਇਆ ਸਚੈ ਲਇਆ ਮਿਲਾਇ

houmai maeraa rehi gaeiaa sachai laeiaa milaae ||

Egotism and possessiveness are eliminated, and the True One absorbs them into Himself.

9 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਮਹਲੁ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਸਚਿ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ

thin ko mehal hadhoor hai jo sach rehae liv laae ||3||

Those who remain lovingly absorbed in the True One see the Mansion of His Presence close at hand. ||3||

10 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਨਦਰੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ

nadharee naam dhhiaaeeai vin karamaa paaeiaa n jaae ||

By His Grace, we meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Without His Mercy, it cannot be obtained.

10 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਲਹੈ ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਆਇ

poorai bhaag sathasangath lehai sathagur bhaettai jis aae ||

Through perfect good destiny, one finds the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, and one comes to meet the True Guru.

11 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੇ ਰਤਿਆ ਦੁਖੁ ਬਿਖਿਆ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਜਾਇ

anadhin naamae rathiaa dhukh bikhiaa vichahu jaae ||

Night and day, remain attuned to the Naam, and the pain of corruption shall be dispelled from within.

12 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਵੜਾ ਨਾਮੇ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਇ ੨੨੫੫

naanak sabadh milaavarraa naamae naam samaae ||4||22||55||

O Nanak, merging with the Shabad through the Name, one is immersed in the Name. ||4||22||55||

12 Sriraag Guru Amar Das

In reality the absolute time (in numbers), and the relative time (hours before sunrise) need to be deduced.

As time zones, clocks, etc. are susceptible to change, one would want to reflect this in their daily practice.

A good way to begin is to begin by rising 1 hour before sunrise, and as you become acclimated to this and your body changes its internal clock, you can add more hours before sunrise consistently.

Thus making the effort more practical and doable.