If Engaged

akal sahai

haha, some of these posts are funny. I love how we arbitrarily put up enormous lines saying at exactly this second u can be seen together, but any time before that you cannot. I see no problem in being seen with your financee... thats the whole point of being engaged yes? a guarantee that you will be married in the near future?

Its strictly a culture thing.... old brown people tend to get all offended when they see non-married individuals of opposite gender within 100 meters of each other.

can a singh and singhnee who are engaged go out together i.e. shopping etc??

normally it does not look good when a singh and singhnee who are not related go out together, basically if they where friends or something. but if they where engaged would it still be looked down on........... vichaaaar :umm:

Dont u feel shy asking such questions ?

Or may be something is wrong with me. God has made me too sharmeelaa for kaliyug.

If I was the singhnee engaged to u , I would have beaten u with sotaa if u dared to ask me for going out for shopping.

Innee ve kee aggg lagg gaye shopping dee. Patience rakh, anand karaj kar lai pehlaan, fer ih ghumman firran de shauk poore kar layeen.

ajj kall de mundey ve naaaa....................................hahahahahahahahahahaha

can a singh and singhnee who are engaged go out together i.e. shopping etc??

normally it does not look good when a singh and singhnee who are not related go out together, basically if they where friends or something. but if they where engaged would it still be looked down on........... vichaaaar :umm:

Dont u feel shy asking such questions ?

Or may be something is wrong with me. God has made me too sharmeelaa for kaliyug.

If I was the singhnee engaged to u , I would have beaten u with sotaa if u dared to ask me for going out for shopping.

Innee ve kee aggg lagg gaye shopping dee. Patience rakh, anand karaj kar lai pehlaan, fer ih ghumman firran de shauk poore kar layeen.

ajj kall de mundey ve naaaa....................................hahahahahahahahahahaha

lol its sooo easy to say then to do

rhq Avr kCu Avr kmwvq ]

rehath avar kashh avar kamaavath ||

He says one thing, and does something else.

lol we'll see how much contact you keep wiv your fiance before u get married.....

haha this is a tricky topic . me and my (future)wife both used to do kirtan and attend the same satsangs .and we felt some chemistry and pull betweeen us so we met a few times and sort of ''fell in love '' and decided to get married so we both informed our parents ,got engaged and soon got married .before marriage we would meet informally at least once /fornight .she had a craze for pink carnations so everytime i met her i had to give her a bouquet of pink carnations(mind you no other flowers but only pink carnations else she sulk).i had graduated .she was still studying so our 'date' comprised of sitting at the university canteen and chatting for an hour ,giving her the flowers ,and talking about our arrangements for the marriage as we wanted a simple ceremony in total gurmat style .our families werent 'gurmukh' so to say so we both needed to talk to decide how we wanted it so we could inform our families and they could help to make the necessary arrangements .worked a treat .helped us to understand each other ,plan better and communicate sensibly .its up to you to judge but worked fine for us both .

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!
try and help each other progress in your sikhi before the anand karaj, instead of useless stuff.

If you do feel the need to meet/converse, do so about Guru Sahib! That can be done through Gurmat Veechar or doing Keertan/Paath together.

Hope that doesn't sound too extreme. =)

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Of course that sounds extreme!! You need to get a life mate!!!!!

Theres nothing wrong with a couple meeting before marriage - we dont live in the stone age!!!

Sikhi is'nt about just doing path, and sitting with your eyes closed! We must evolve with the times and be mature about these kinds of issues in the modern day!

.......... We must evolve with the times and be mature about these kinds of issues in the modern day!

Why must we forego our principles becuse of what year it is? What is different from Guru Ji's times - same Earth, same Sun, same moon etc. As things get worse in Kaljug, we should try to stay stronger in our beliefs and principles, not get weaker in imitation of Western culture.