Quick Question On Rehras Path

bascally my mum lost her job and now she does night shifts so she makes roti at 6 andd im stuk cos she ocuppys the bathroom before on the days im home or i come bak in the afternoon....this means i cant do rehras path right? my massi says i can anytime past dusk...but i read u can only do it during dussk or can u do at 8 which is the time i can do it?

Bani is beant..

There is no time limit for Bani.

There is no rule that you have to do Rehras Sahib at 6 O clock.

You can do it at 5 or even 4..

I also do it sometimes at 7 or 8 o clock

ok thank youu thats a relieff thenn i thought cos it was an evening prayer u have to do it in the evening..thanks alot!

Bani is beant..

There is no time limit for Bani.

There is no rule that you have to do Rehras Sahib at 6 O clock.

You can do it at 5 or even 4..

I also do it sometimes at 7 or 8 o clock

No time limit for Bani...

:) Good Post...

There really is no 'BEST' time to LOVE Maharaj Ji...

Anytime you remember him is the BESTEST of the best time that there can be...Depending on the situation for rehras, even MIDNIGHT or after that!... ;-)

What matters is that YOU recite that bani. Don't let time be an excuse.

Morning nitnem can be done at any time during the day if you've missed the amritvela. Rehraas sahib and Kirtan sohila has time maryada.

Rehraas sahib is the evening bani, so depending on your geographical location, and what season it is, decide when that is for you. Rehraas sahib should be completed before 11pm according to Gyani Takhur Singh ji. But don't take this to mean that you can start at 10:30pm everyday. If it's amritvela/midnight, then it's better to do 2 Paaths the following day. Again, some other Gursikh might be of the opinion that Rehiraas sahib should be done before 10 or 12. But you get the general idea what the best time for Rehraas sahib is.

• 1 year later...

we can read baani any time , but nitnem are prescribed for morning and evening

evening baani is rehraas & night it is sohila , its better if we stick to evening

time for rehraas , but for practical difficulties , there is no bar, we can do the paath

anytime before going to bed , when we are supposed to recite Sohila .

Further it is only matter of making it a habit, if we want to stick to the right time

reciting rehraas only takes 15- 20 minutes. I remember my childhood days

when we all brothers after the playtime would perform panj ishnana and

one of us (there were turns datwise) would recite rehraas and all would listen

including our mother who used to prepare food alongside after the ardaas

our fathe would return back home from work( he used to recite on his way back)

then all would eat togather . thus the food prepared while reciting bani has made

unique effect on the family ( the rest is left to the readers imagination)

It is only a matter of habits and the upbringing we get from the parents

I see in the 1469 the same spirit of gursikhi and salute his PARENTS for

the sikhi spirit in them and their child

I ALWAYS THANK GOD WE GOT SUCH FABULOUS PARENTS , THEY BOTH IMBIBED

IN THEIR KIDS THE SIKHS VALUES SO STRONG THAT EVEN FOREIGN LAND COULD

NOT POLLUTE OUR IDEOLOGY