Hundreds Being Slaughtered In Gaza

ranj03

Im quite honestly, shocked.

I have been a member of sikhsangat for quite a while now, and respect the website for its uniqueness.

But i've been waiting now, and been scouring through the forum to find not one post on this site regarding the massacre in Gaza.

What we went through in 1984, is happening to hundreds of innocent men, women and children in Gaza.

A MODERN DAY GENOCIDE, that Sikhi without question comdemns.

Where are your views, comments, or prayers for these people?

Please allow me to be the first, and say that I as a Sikh, wish that these innocent people in Gaza overcome this horrific genocide attempt on them, and people around the world are showing their support and praying for you.

May peace be with you.

Ranj.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to make a thread about this, and was searching for one just last night too.

Firstly, as a Muslim myself I am disgusted by the war crimes being commited, and I am protesting and trying to create awareness for the people of Gaza. It's all so sad. :(

May allah [swt] help them! Ameen!!

There was a very large discussion in the Global Events page.. Sikh Awareness Network has been very actively involved in organizing rallies in Toronto, and there was posts and discussions about it, with some people providing the other side of the story as well...

I'm not sure if it got closed, but it was there two nights ago.

I believe war is wrong, but I think both sides are at fault. The Palestians keep bombing Israel and expect no response, and the Palestians are supporting extremists. Both sides need to work it out and resolve through means peacefully.

Im afraid your first poinn of "both sides are at fault" is totally wrong, and i urge you to seek the truth through others means such as non biased news coverage such as George galloway's website or through Press TV.

This is the same thing the hindu propaganda said against the sikhs in 1984, and people fell for there lies.

Dont fall for the lies of the western media against there new target, the muslims.

I think I am just speaking from a person who has friends who are Jews, who has followed the Israeli-Palestine issue for a long time. The Israelites basically are bombed repeatedly by suicide bombers, and other missles on a monthly basis, I mean both sides are at fault.

I have a quick question to all of the people, how can you support Hamas or Hizbollah, if you read the history of the Jews, or Israel, you'll be like wow, how did this one small country stand up to all these Arabs. There's a reason why Israel is one of the strongest countries in the world, military wise for their size, its becasue they had to be.

Anyhow, once again, the fighting should end, as countless innocents are being slaughtered for no reason.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/09/...gaza/index.html

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israel was disregarding the U.N. vote because the resolution will not be heeded by "murderous" Palestinian groups. The firing of rockets from Gaza into southern Israel on Friday, he said, "proves the U.N. resolution is not practical."

"The state of Israel has never agreed that any outside body would determine its right to defend the security of its citizens. The [israel Defense Forces] will continue operations in order to defend Israeli citizens and will carry out the missions with which it has been assigned in the operation," Olmert said.

Hamas also rejected the resolution, the Paris, France, daily newspaper Le Figaro reported. The resolution "does not serve our interests nor that of the people of Palestine," said Hamas official Raafat Morra, speaking from Lebanon. "It does not take into account the aspirations and the principal objectives of the Palestinian people."
The U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees suspended food delivery operations Thursday to 750,000 Palestinian refugees after strikes by Israel killed one of its drivers and wounded another. The U.N. said the aid workers "had received Israeli clearance."

Ok.. so all heresy aside

I have a friend currently in Palestine... this is a sensitive enough issue for me as I think about his safety.... he has been there for 6 months trying to provide aid and do other work.. in his time there, he has been detained by israeli forces....

I would like to point you to the latest post of his blog.. this is free of big media bias... this is a buddy of mine who's my age, who i play basketball with, he's a normal dude, and is living a very very honourable lifestyle.

http://aidaninpalestine.blogspot.com/

I felt compelled to share this....

In the end, we can talk about historical issues left and right... but when people are dying, even a protest isn't enough to make it stop (though I think i'm getting closer and closer to truly applauding these protests... because really, when each side has as a part of its mission to terrorize and eliminate the other side, a protest against one's action indirectly becomes support for the other faction)

please read the most recent post..

vaheguru

vaheguru

vaheguru

this is 1984 of both the israelis and palestinians, only difference is that theres has been going on for decades

decades ago political leaders from both parties had eye for an eye mentality, now its two blind parties fighting and the corrupted leaders all over the world are cashing in....if it wasnt for political bs we might have had peace in the region.

Good to see how many Sikhs here supporting the Arabs in Gaza. The government of which wouldn't even allow you to build a Sikh Gurdwara on it's lands because of you being non-muslims. The very government that is run by a Islamofascist terrorist organisation. Well done people. Good to see you supporting these shud-dai's.

When a people vote in a fascist organization to govern them, don't be surprised when you see the brunt of war on their heads.

What you sow, is what you reap.