Maryada For Writting Bani

HARKIRAT

from what i know:

1) the palce you are writing gurbani must be cleaned and a clean chadar shuould be placed underneathe

2) ishnaan should be done before writing gurbani

3) the paper, pen etc must be new and for paper know where it has been

4) do ardas do guroo sahib asking to accpet your seva

5) the gurbani you are copying make sure ankaurs, siharees, letters, and numbers are correct

6) wear a hazooria of course lol

7) when you finished writing gurbani do ardas to guroo sahib thanking him

This is only dass's limited knowledge on what you might need to do please add anything you might feel necessary thanks

BIGGEST benti is to write the whole of gurbani in larevaar the way guroo sahib intended doing that you yourself will gradually learn how to read gurbani in larevaar

gurfateh gurmukho!

daas heard 4rm a gursikh sumin about puratan singhs nd singhneeya writing guroo jees dhur kee ayee gurbani on seperate pieces of paper nd them binding them into a gutka sahib form?....i think it was just in case of (maharaj bacha ke rakhe), any mistakes that one might be made when writing???

Veechar jee?

or gurmukh who said it, feel free to comment! :D

dont think theres anything wrong with writing in a pothi sahib.. but i rekon its easier if u write on separate paper , bcz u neva kno when u mite make a mistake, + they are much more easier 2 write on. it wd b beta if you write in lareevaar , + memba not 2rush , do like a pauri from the bani or shabad a day , and do it carefully. theres no point rushing, itl prb take atleast half hour 2 write 1 pauri or shabad with sehaj.

salok ma 1 |

Shalok, First Mehl:

dhann su kaagadh kalam dhann dhan bhaaddaa dhan mas |

Blessed is the paper, blessed is the pen, blessed is the inkwell, and blessed is the ink.

dhan laekhaaree naanakaa jin naam likhaaeiaa sach |1|

Blessed is the writer, O Nanak, who writes the True Name. ||1||

"gurfateh gurmukho!

daas heard 4rm a gursikh sumin about puratan singhs nd singhneeya writing guroo jees dhur kee ayee gurbani on seperate pieces of paper nd them binding them into a gutka sahib form?....i think it was just in case of (maharaj bacha ke rakhe), any mistakes that one might be made when writing???

Veechar jee?

or gurmukh who said it, feel free to comment! :D "

waheguroojikakhalsawaheguroojeekeefateh

Yeah this is true this is how a lot of gurbani was written this way, if a blessed gursikh wants to write guroo granth sahib ji then they have to bind but for gutkeh sahib if you can write bania without mistakes go for it lol.

How would you go about binding the angs together?

erm... daasn daas doesnt know the puratan method, but google book binding nd there are loads of links to how to do it, its kinda long thou, lyk it involves stiching all the ang together and then using really strong glue, making a cover etc.... but im sure its worth it! :D

^^lol, u tell us jee :)

daas succesfully bound a book the other day!... instead of revising <_< lol, anyway, its possible, even if its a bit long but does anybody have access to puratan handwritten gutke sahibs?? if so, could you please have a look at the binding on the spine jee and how its done, and if anyone could take some pics nd post daas would be r e a l l y greatful jee! :lol:

dhanvaad gurmukho!

^^lol, u tell us jee :)

daas succesfully bound a book the other day!... instead of revising <_< lol, anyway, its possible, even if its a bit long but does anybody have access to puratan handwritten gutke sahibs?? if so, could you please have a look at the binding on the spine jee and how its done, and if anyone could take some pics nd post daas would be r e a l l y greatful jee! :lol:

dhanvaad gurmukho!

wow penji cn u tell us the steps hw u bound it