Gyani's Are Bad Sangat!

At my local Gurdwara they were having an Akhand Paat for Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahibs Ji's Birthday. At Akhand Paats i usually spend the whole of the 3 days at the Gurdwara so i went on saturday to stay the nite. There were 4 Gyanis that had come back (they had been there a year before) and i was quite happy to see them because i thought they were Chardi Kala Gursikhs! They have been lucky enough to do sangat with Bhai Davinder Singh Ji ASI and Bhai Amolak Singh Ji! They invited me into the "Gyani room" and we sat down and started to catch up n stuff. I asked them where they had been and they told me they were

Theres not much sangat here so wen there is Dass tries to make full use of it!! And i asked them if they watned to do some Simran, and i thought they would have been Chardi Kala about it. But they started laughing and said we'll do it later for a couple of mins!

I then just sat down on the sofa and watched them as they were on there laptop lmao! They were playing Kachi Bani, and then started to play bhangra and hindi songs! And they were singing along to them! In GuruGhar!

They then asked if i wanted langar and i told them i was tryin 2 keep Sarbloh Bibek Rehat and started lecturing me! Saying that some Singhs become "too strict". they said "do u drink milk?" and i said ofcourse and they woz like, "was the cow Amritdhaari?" and i said "if he was blessed enough" ( :p ) and just started lecturing me on how im following "the wrong path"

Then later on i was playing some Kirtan on my fone and i asked them if they listen 2 AKJ Kirtan and they said "yh its ok". Then one of them said (and this really makes me laugh) "I heard this Shabad from them, Jaa Tu Mere Val Hai" and was like yh ok, and he said "So the Shabad goes Jaa Tu Mere Val Hai Ta Kia......." and i was like yh thats rite and he said "Now u tel me if Guru Mahraj forgot 2 write Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru after it!! They keep saying Waheguru and it doesnt sound nice" then another Gyani said "If you want to do Simran, do it seperatly!"

Theres more stuff that happend but i forgot it lmao. Then i asked my mum to pick me up as i could tell that even Gyanis can be bad sangat!!

"Then later on i was playing some Kirtan on my fone and i asked them if they listen 2 AKJ Kirtan and they said "yh its ok". Then one of them said (and this really makes me laugh) "I heard this Shabad from them, Jaa Tu Mere Val Hai" and was like yh ok, and he said "So the Shabad goes Jaa Tu Mere Val Hai Ta Kia......." and i was like yh thats rite and he said "Now u tel me if Guru Mahraj forgot 2 write Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru after it!! They keep saying Waheguru and it doesnt sound nice" then another Gyani said "If you want to do Simran, do it seperatly!"

Well, whats wrong with that? They are exactly right. It's a well known fact that after visiting the UK and seeing SDO inventing this 'trend', Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh condemned it. So, I am unsure who exactly these youth are following, it certainly isn't Guru Sahiban or Bhai Randhir Singh.....

A kirtani has a resonsibiltiy to put his emotions aside and present kirtan in Guru's darbar as it is meant to be presented. If they want to simran, what is wrong with finishing the shabd and then starting simran. They can do it for 5 hours non stop if they like!

It's a fashion, nothing more.

Fateh Ji,

Gyani is a terminology for those who do Kathaa. From the description you give these people were Paathis and not Gyanis.

By this incident you should understand that by doing Paath or being a Paathi one does not become close to Guruji. For becoming close to Guruji one has to put Bani into practice.

You did the right thing by going back home.

Guru Rakha

seems they were very rude to you and were insulting AKJ and those who follow beebek.

but it is true that some kirtanees start simran in any shabad they do and sometimes it is inappropriate. for example at some kirtan samagam a singh started kirtan and he recited this shabad

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]

rwgu jYjwvMqI mhlw 9 ]

rwmu ismir rwmu ismir iehY qyrY kwij hY ]

mwieAw ko sMgu iqAwgu pRB jU kI srin lwgu ]

jgq suK mwnu imiQAw JUTo sB swju hY ]1] rhwau ]

its ok to do simran after RAM SIMAR RAM SIMAR but that singh after doing antra of line JAGAT SUKH MAAN MITHEA JHOOTO SAB SAAJ HAI, picked the phrase MAAN MITHEA MAAN MITHEA MAAN MITHEA , juz for making mood or moulding tune to fix simran in it. and after saying MAAN MITHEYA he started waheguru waheguru.....

i know some mahan gursikhs following bebek and from akj who do kirtan but never did simran in kirtan. but it doesnt means that the one who do are not chardikala, they might be even more chardikala. its not a big deal if u do simran while doing kirtan, some do not show and some cant resist their sharda pyaar and start simran, thats very good. thats why in akj they dnt care abt sur besur, voice or if anyone dnt properly knw how to do kirtan, akj is a jatha where you r not performing and and trying to sing very very good in order to get public attention. akj is a jatha for doing bhagti together with all sangat in ek ras.

but this is an advise for all kirtan organizers to set some guide lines for all new young keertanees so that they do not try to fit simran anywhere in shabad.

and abt the PAATHEES OR GRANTHEES in gurudwaras, majority of them became granthi only for money. they dnt care abt any maryada or respect for guru sahib, they juz knw how to finish akhand paath in in less than three days and on exact time.

and those who cant dare to keep bebek can only make fun of bebeki singhs.

i think its too much i shud stop now and look into my avguns.

there was once a thread akj.org discussing exactly this... Even there it was agreed that there are appropriate places to do simran... it was agreed that if someone "plans" to do simran in a spot, and it is totally inappropriate, it is in its own way a beadbi to the shabad... it DOESN'T suggest that simran is ever wrong, but when doing it in a shabad, that there are appropriate places for it, and if there isn't, then do as was suggested, do simran at the end of the shabad...

but one respected veer in the Jatha also made one very cruically important note (in my opinion)... if you're doing keertan, and "shabad vass jaanda hai", and you really feel yourself becoming one with the shabad... if at that point, you get the Divine Pull to do simran, then that is okay... the important thing is not to just burst into simran in inappropriate places.

Just my opinion

I just luv all kinds of keertan -akj/ddt/classical/tuney/amateur/professional.As long as its myGURUJEE's bani its amritdhara flowing into me soul and enlightening me .Keertan wiv lots simran in it ,or, no simran in it -its all magical and mindblowing and simply aweeeeeeeeeesooommmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Kirtan is just the mooooooooooossssssssst amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiinnnggggggggggggggg

gift of God .

seems they were very rude to you and were insulting AKJ and those who follow beebek.

but it is true that some kirtanees start simran in any shabad they do and sometimes it is inappropriate. for example at some kirtan samagam a singh started kirtan and he recited this shabad

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]

rwgu jYjwvMqI mhlw 9 ]

rwmu ismir rwmu ismir iehY qyrY kwij hY ]

mwieAw ko sMgu iqAwgu pRB jU kI srin lwgu ]

jgq suK mwnu imiQAw JUTo sB swju hY ]1] rhwau ]

its ok to do simran after RAM SIMAR RAM SIMAR but that singh after doing antra of line JAGAT SUKH MAAN MITHEA JHOOTO SAB SAAJ HAI, picked the phrase MAAN MITHEA MAAN MITHEA MAAN MITHEA , juz for making mood or moulding tune to fix simran in it. and after saying MAAN MITHEYA he started waheguru waheguru.....

i know some mahan gursikhs following bebek and from akj who do kirtan but never did simran in kirtan. but it doesnt means that the one who do are not chardikala, they might be even more chardikala. its not a big deal if u do simran while doing kirtan, some do not show and some cant resist their sharda pyaar and start simran, thats very good. thats why in akj they dnt care abt sur besur, voice or if anyone dnt properly knw how to do kirtan, akj is a jatha where you r not performing and and trying to sing very very good in order to get public attention. akj is a jatha for doing bhagti together with all sangat in ek ras.

but this is an advise for all kirtan organizers to set some guide lines for all new young keertanees so that they do not try to fit simran anywhere in shabad.

and abt the PAATHEES OR GRANTHEES in gurudwaras, majority of them became granthi only for money. they dnt care abt any maryada or respect for guru sahib, they juz knw how to finish akhand paath in in less than three days and on exact time.

and those who cant dare to keep bebek can only make fun of bebeki singhs.

i think its too much i shud stop now and look into my avguns.

:goodpost: :whs: