Sikh Converts In Germany

Majority, if not all German Sikh converts are Yogis, I know quite a few. There are many Germans looking for spirituality and they usually find their way into Indian religions via study of Ayurved, Indian Classical Music or Yoga.

Acceptance is like everywhere else, you have those who are open midned and those that are afraid - which is caused by ignorance and leads to hate.

Majority, if not all German Sikh converts are Yogis, I know quite a few. There are many Germans looking for spirituality and they usually find their way into Indian religions via study of Ayurved, Indian Classical Music or Yoga.

Acceptance is like everywhere else, you have those who are open midned and those that are afraid - which is caused by ignorance and leads to hate.

Yesterday I got a Phd offer from Koblenz(90 km from cologne). I wear bana outside my professional life. The Phd is pretty easy and I will have enough time to enjoy nature and do gurbani abhiyaas. My mom, sis scared due to the bana. Will it be major problem

???( i do expect odd racial comment here and there...). Can I get into contact with some gorraa sikh veer from Germany ??????

I recently travelled to Italy via Germany,

I was told by a Sardar Ji in Rome, that it has become 'Southall' in some parts there.

Rome was great as a tourist place, and I even spotted an Italian Singh. You just need to know some Italian and explain that you are a Vegetarian Sikh to everyone.

Germany was just a stop n go, so I can't say too much about it.

But let's be honest here, wherever the Sikhs go, they should go with High Spirits.

"If we don't see the changes in the world that we desire, let's bring the changes and INspire"

Italy has many Punjabi youth that immigrated in last few years...

Esp the 9 months visa has done balle balle.. About 150,000 Punjabis in Italy

But there is much joblessness, so many are moving to France, Spain, Belgium and UK

You'll be fine. Rural parts of most western European countries are pretty cool, people are very much like Punjabis. PM me your e-mail address, I will put you in contact with a Yogi sikh who is from near there.

There a lot of Hippies in those parts and Goths! Anything goes!!

Other thing is, same as UK, you get trouble if you look for it or if you are at stupid places at stupid times i.e. clubs at night time.

when i saw 'sikh converts' and 'germans' in the thread title........ :think ....... i knew it could only be one person who would ask about it... :ww::

My love for germans is not because I feel they are some pure race. Infact, I love dutch more than germans. I feel a sikh who believes in caste, colour shud be thrown out of the panth. At the same time, I feel one's ancestory history, one's occupation has an effect on ones personality (these effects can be nullified by huge amount of naam kamayee but there are few people who are able to do that much kamayee). Last time, I was in europe I had really good time with germans. I was a mona then and I taught them bhangra and brrruuaaa. They were pretty sincere to me. They were very much like my jatt friends of Punjab.