Nihang Baba Budha Dal Chief Escaped Unhurt In Attack

BiggChan

Akalifaujan,

As usual you are absolutely on point.

I agree, the Balbir policy has been a wallowing failure for the SGPC as a 'public relations stunt' to infiltrate Dal Panth, I'm sure they thought they could buy legitimacy, obviously they were wrong.

When Balbir originally broke with Baba Santa Singh, he was disgraced (many have spoken of his love for alcohol and debauchery) he was a confused youth, the SGPC immediatley approached him and set him up as the jathedar recognized by 3 of the 5 takhats, if you look back to newspaper articles from this time you will see that EVERY paper refers to Balbir as the head of Budha Dal, even now the article originally posted again says he is the head of Budha Dal---who but the SGPC has this kind of reach and credibility?

It's funny though, in 2007 after Balbir's coronation, the SGPC had all the papers and news outlets print that Nanaksar, Kaleran; Rara Sahib, Nirmalay Sampardai, Damdami Taksal all supported Balbir, the NEXT day ALL of these Sampardais angrily called these papers and told them they were with Baba Joginder Singh ji NOT Balbir and could they please correct this.

So publicity wise it has not worked, but in terms of siezing Budha Dal's assets, deras, lands and properties they have succeded because Balbir took the thumbprints of Baba Santa Singh when he was in a coma, in fact it was widely reported in Punjab that Balbir sold hundreds of acres of Budha Dal's land to the SGPC shortly after he was named jathedar in 2007, I guess he was just thanking his bosses.

I LOVE Vallli Singh. He is a sweet, cute, sohnaaa, pyara veer of mine.

We need to bring back our Original Puratan Sikhi of course with some reforms .May Waheguru clear Sikhi of people who have anglicized and islamised Sikhi..

As for congress party meddling, if that is the case then isn't Balbir Singh just following Santa's example? It's a bit rich complaining about congress meddling when that's all what the Budha dal have been about for the last 30 years or so. Next you'll be complaining that one of the factions is being backed by the Indian government! How quickly we forget or is it that some people don't know what happened just 25 years ago!

Valli Singh

You might want to read up on history before taking the words of some Nihangs that Budha Dal is 'Panjvan' Takht. For there to be a Panjvan Takht there has to be 4 other Takhts. Akal Takht was the first Takht and during British times various places were given titles of Takhts. Even Muktsar was at one time referred to as Takht. The term Panjvan Takht came into being in the 1920s and has nothing to do with Guru Gobind Singh's time.

proactive, you seem to be in quite a slanderous mood

doing nindaya of Baba Santa Singh ji who has done more seva for the Panth in his one lifetime than all the future generations of your family could do in a million incarnations, shame on you.

Baba Santa Singh Sahib has preserved and spread the wisdom of Sri Sarbloh Granth ji and Prachin Panth Prakash across the world, what have you spread other than slander and ignorance in your own limited sphere?

You are right, why should we listen to Nihangs who hold Guruji's Bana when we can freely partake of the wisdom of someone who takes their name from a popular acne solution?

I would pay to see you venture into Talwandi Sabo and tell Baba Surjit Singh's chaunni that they are not Panjvan Takht.

Mahan Kosh states that the four non-moving takhats are: Keshgarh Sahib, Hazur Sahib, Patna Sahib and Akal Takht,

Budha Dal has always functioned as a non-local takht which is why Maharaja Ranjit Singh was subjected to punishment by Akali Phoola Singh ji, this is because Budha Dal's role is to ensure that the other four takhts function in accordance with Gurmat.

This role is even symbolized in the Nihang Bana itself:

"The tall turban called a damala is surmounted by a cloth or a flag (pharhara). Around this turban are placed one or two steel or iron rings/quoits. The vertical position of where this ring is worn signifies the individuals spiritual attainment; the higher the ring the greater the spiritual development. There main diagrammatic symbol for explaining their idea of chakravorty is the swastika: which symbolises rotational movement through four static points around a centre. The four points represent the four established Takhts, and the rotation through them represent the moving fifth Takht of the Nihangs that is meant to keep the four stationary Takhts in check."

http://philtar.ucsm.ac.uk/encyclopedia/sikhism/akalis.html

We need to bring back our Original Puratan Sikhi of course with some reforms .May Waheguru clear Sikhi of people who have anglicized and islamised Sikhi..

As for congress party meddling, if that is the case then isn't Balbir Singh just following Santa's example? It's a bit rich complaining about congress meddling when that's all what the Budha dal have been about for the last 30 years or so. Next you'll be complaining that one of the factions is being backed by the Indian government! How quickly we forget or is it that some people don't know what happened just 25 years ago!

Valli Singh

You might want to read up on history before taking the words of some Nihangs that Budha Dal is 'Panjvan' Takht. For there to be a Panjvan Takht there has to be 4 other Takhts. Akal Takht was the first Takht and during British times various places were given titles of Takhts. Even Muktsar was at one time referred to as Takht. The term Panjvan Takht came into being in the 1920s and has nothing to do with Guru Gobind Singh's time.

proactive, you seem to be in quite a slanderous mood

doing nindaya of Baba Santa Singh ji who has done more seva for the Panth in his one lifetime than all the future generations of your family could do in a million incarnations, shame on you.

Baba Santa Singh Sahib has preserved and spread the wisdom of Sri Sarbloh Granth ji and Prachin Panth Prakash across the world, what have you spread other than slander and ignorance in your own limited sphere?

You are right, why should we listen to Nihangs who hold Guruji's Bana when we can freely partake of the wisdom of someone who takes their name from a popular acne solution?

I would pay to see you venture into Talwandi Sabo and tell Baba Surjit Singh's chaunni that they are not Panjvan Takht.

Mahan Kosh states that the four non-moving takhats are: Keshgarh Sahib, Hazur Sahib, Patna Sahib and Akal Takht,

Budha Dal has always functioned as a non-local takht which is why Maharaja Ranjit Singh was subjected to punishment by Akali Phoola Singh ji, this is because Budha Dal's role is to ensure that the other four takhts function in accordance with Gurmat.

This role is even symbolized in the Nihang Bana itself:

"The tall turban called a damala is surmounted by a cloth or a flag (pharhara). Around this turban are placed one or two steel or iron rings/quoits. The vertical position of where this ring is worn signifies the individuals spiritual attainment; the higher the ring the greater the spiritual development. There main diagrammatic symbol for explaining their idea of chakravorty is the swastika: which symbolises rotational movement through four static points around a centre. The four points represent the four established Takhts, and the rotation through them represent the moving fifth Takht of the Nihangs that is meant to keep the four stationary Takhts in check."

http://philtar.ucsm.ac.uk/encyclopedia/sikhism/akalis.html

O MY LORD!

Valli Singh,

Can u tell something about Mahakaal ? Is Mahakaal the same as God(Waheguru) or he is a faculty of God ???????????????????????????????????

U seem to be possess good knowledge(intellectual + spiritual).

Valli,

If stabbing the Panth in the back during its darkest period of persecution is classed as 'seva' then you are right, Santa Singh has to be the biggest sewak of the Panth in the modern period! Although he might at times have to take joint honours with Badal and Longowal.

Sorry to labour the point and no doubt people such as you who I suppose were in nappies in 1984 think that we should forget about what happened just 25 years ago. When the history of the Panth is written dispassionately and by people without an axe to grind and without the agendas, I am sure that Santa Singh will be rightly classed with Lal Singh and Tej Singh.

It never fails to amaze me how much rewriting of history has taken place in the last few years. No doubt in another decade Badal will become Sher-e-Punjab and Longowal will be referred to in the same breath as Shaheeds like Bhai Mani Singh and Bhai Taru Singh! No wonder the Panth is in such a bad way, if gadars can be transformed into the biggest sewaks of the Panth overnight just because one internet warrior says so!

Vali Singh is again correct with his blessed Dal Panth Knowledge, dhan Gurmukha :)

The 5th Takht has always been Chalda Vaheer, as vali singh stated to ensure the panth is run correctly and the way the Khalsa should be run.

I was thinking yesturday how the British and the SGPC have lead sikhi astray in many ways, real singhs know whats what, but the way they have sneaked into our bir rass samparda's is obvious.

First they removed Dasam granth from Akaal Takht, shortended rehraas like to 15 minutes which has lead to the panth being starved of Bir Rass.

These SGPC are masands just goblins, reminds me of those masands Dasam Pita set fire to alive in Anandpur! Cant wait till the Khalsa takes over the Akaal Takht again.

Regarding people doing nindya of Sant Baba Santa Singh the paap is on your head!

Akaal

Vali Singh is again correct with his blessed Dal Panth Knowledge, dhan Gurmukha :)

The 5th Takht has always been Chalda Vaheer, as vali singh stated to ensure the panth is run correctly and the way the Khalsa should be run.

I was thinking yesturday how the British and the SGPC have lead sikhi astray in many ways, real singhs know whats what, but the way they have sneaked into our bir rass samparda's is obvious.

First they removed Dasam granth from Akaal Takht, shortended rehraas like to 15 minutes which has lead to the panth being starved of Bir Rass.

These SGPC are masands just goblins, reminds me of those masands Dasam Pita set fire to alive in Anandpur! Cant wait till the Khalsa takes over the Akaal Takht again.

Regarding people doing nindya of Sant Baba Santa Singh the paap is on your head!

Akaal

My intution tells me something more. Budha Dal is not just a dal, it is a samparda from Guru Hargobind Jee's time. Budha Dal Akaalis are from 6th Maharaaj's time and Budha Dal Akaalis became Budha Dal Akaali Nihangs when Baba Fateh Singh Jee tied dumalla. Budha Dal has been given the responsibility to take care of Akal Takht by 6th Maharaj. I also feel Budha Dal Jathedaar = jathedaar of Akaal Takht(NOT punjavan takht) + Head Granthi Harmandir Sahib.

Jathedaar of Dal Khalsa(Budha Dal + Bidhi Chand Dal + more Dals can be added with time) = Jathedaar of punjavan Takht + Head of the Panth.

Akaal

My intution tells me something more. Budha Dal is not just a dal, it is a samparda from Guru Hargobind Jee's time. Budha Dal Akaalis are from 6th Maharaaj's time and Budha Dal Akaalis became Budha Dal Akaali Nihangs when Baba Fateh Singh Jee tied dumalla. Budha Dal has been given the responsibility to take care of Akal Takht by 6th Maharaj. I also feel Budha Dal Jathedaar = jathedaar of Akaal Takht(NOT punjavan takht) + Head Granthi Harmandir Sahib.

Jathedaar of Dal Khalsa(Budha Dal + Bidhi Chand Dal + more Dals can be added with time) = Jathedaar of punjavan Takht + Head of the Panth.

I feel that AKJ can be made a Dal , kes-ki is/can be a kakaar for the Dal(this kes-ki helps in tying dohraa dastaar). I feel we have the perfect model for the UNITY of the panth here.