Sikhi A Religion?

Bored

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikhism = Energy of life

Sikhism can't be confined by the labels of 'Religion' etc. as it isn't something you can not label. I see it as a sound current and a state of being- a radiance of energy.

The whole world and every single living organism is a sikh as it translates to the word of 'Student', not a person who wears a kara and goes to the gurdwara every now and then because they have to, or is proud to a punjabi/white sikh etc. - when the 'religion' it is not theirs.

The universe and all its creation are students of God, learning new things each second of every day. A christian is ultimately a sikh, a muslim too - students of God, serving God the best they can.

How can we classify actually what a sikh is? Is it a person who although doesn't believe in a God, still gives to charity, serves humanity and lives honestly or is it an amrithdhaari male or female?

Sikhism is simply a catalyst to evoke the love (Pyaar) of a soul to God- nothing else, for when you enter the court of the lord there are no sikhs - just souls in the highest state of ecstasy.

Really hard to explain!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Sikhism = Energy of life

Sikhism can't be confined by the labels of 'Religion' etc. as it isn't something you can not label. I see it as a sound current and a state of being- a radiance of energy.

The whole world and every single living organism is a sikh as it translates to the word of 'Student', not a person who wears a kara and goes to the gurdwara every now and then because they have to, or is proud to a punjabi/white sikh etc. - when the 'religion' it is not theirs.

The universe and all its creation are students of God, learning new things each second of every day. A christian is ultimately a sikh, a muslim too - students of God, serving God the best they can.

How can we classify actually what a sikh is? Is it a person who although doesn't believe in a God, still gives to charity, serves humanity and lives honestly or is it an amrithdhaari male or female?

Sikhism is simply a catalyst to evoke the love (Pyaar) of a soul to God- nothing else, for when you enter the court of the lord there are no sikhs - just souls in the highest state of ecstasy.

Really hard to explain!

oooohhh veera u never ever fail to surprise me with ur knowlege n love

man sache u r the greatest sikh ive ever met

Sikhism = Energy of life

Really hard to explain!

The whole world and every single living organism is a sikh as it translates to the word of 'Student'

True Sikh does mean student, but the student of Guru ji who is true.

not a person who wears a kara and goes to the gurdwara every now and then because they have to, or is proud to a punjabi/white sikh etc. - when the 'religion' it is not theirs.

:whs:

A christian is ultimately a sikh, a muslim too - students of God, serving God the best they can.

But the Christian s blind and the Muslim only has one eye

How can we classify actually what a sikh is? Is it a person who although doesn't believe in a God, still gives to charity, serves humanity and lives honestly

Guru ji has spoken on this and he says believing in God is number one. Without it people lose there lives in duality even though they practice charity serve humanity and live honestly. Don't bite my head off now, not my words just stating what Guru ji has said.

is it an amrithdhaari male or female?

Their getting closer, but still got to go that extra mile and become Khalsa.

Sikhism is simply a catalyst to evoke the love (Pyaar) of a soul to God

I wouldn't put simply, sounds to restricted then. Sikhi is hard to describe. Sikhi is what you want to become and then you become a Sikh. I practice Sikhi, but do I pracitce it completely not yet, So would I call myself a Sikh? No, but I still follow Guru ji.

FOURTH MEHL: The sublime state of the True Guru is not known; no one knows what pleases the Perfect True Guru. Deep within the hearts of His GurSikhs, the True Guru is pervading. The Guru is pleased with those who long for His Sikhs. As the True Guru directs them, they do their work and chant their prayers. The True Lord accepts the service of His GurSikhs. But those who want the GurSikhs to work for them, without the Order of the True Guru . the Guru.s Sikhs shall not come near them again. One who works diligently for the Guru, the True Guru . the GurSikhs work for him. One who comes to deceive, who rises up and goes out to deceive . the GurSikhs shall never come near him. Nanak proclaims and announces this wisdom of God. One who is not pleasing to the Mind of the True Guru may do his deeds, but that being will only suffer in terrible pain. || 2 || ang 317

FIFTH MEHL: The ghost has been transformed into an angel by the Creator Lord. God has emancipated all the Sikhs and resolved their affairs. He has seized the slanderers and thrown them to the ground, and declared them false in His Court. Nanak.s God is glorious and great; He Himself creates and adorns. || 2 || ang 323

In the dictionary it says Sikhism is a religion originating from north west India with 25 million followers.

Khalsa123 a Christian is not a Sikh. A Sikh got the Naam from Guru. I also believe Guru Angad Dev ji was a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev ji.

Waheguru my brother, I believe that you have missed the point.

A Sikh is a student of Waheguru, therefore we are all Sikhs.

If you don't understand that is fine, but please do not tell others that they are wrong.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh :pray:

Thanks for you kind comments Phenjee (TejiKaur) :happy: but that isn't simply true, hence others have disproven my points made.

In my post I was trying to clarify that there simply isn't a sikh as we are all students of God. A christian can feel the same love for God as a Sikh feels for God - by saying they cannot - we are limiting what God can do - this is ultimately his universe. Understanding about sikhism is the best gift my soul has ever been blessed with but that is what christians must feel for christianity and hindus for hinduism.

I have always percieved the 'Naam' to be a sound current, to be the vibrations of the universe that are at particular frequency that awakens the soul into loving its creator. However, couldn't we percieve the naam to be obtained by all those? irrespective of their '"religion"? as they still feel the love for God as a sikh feels.

Also to respond to the comment received when I stated that what defines a sikh? Is it an amrithdhaari or an individual who although doesn't believe in God does good deeds etc. Although they may not be a 'Sikh of the Guroo' they are still a student of God's play, hukam - following his command and have a good heart.

I hope I haven't offended anymore or seem even more corrupt. :sleep:

Your Gora brother :lol: