Sikhi A Religion?

Bored

A religion is a set of stories, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to an ultimate power or reality. It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things. It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos, and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

doesnt sikhi fall under this? its clear that it does based on this definition???

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sikhi way of life

khalsa is gods army

i dont think en.wikipedia holds the answer what sikhi is.........

alright....whats your definition of religion? or the proper definition of religion?

i cant as i dont belong to a religion

Religion means true living. It does not mean running away from the world. It is not a set of rules. It means believing in God and loving His people.

i seen this on internet and thought this hits nail on the head!

I personally hate to call Sikhi a religion. First of all, it is Sikhi, not Sikhism. These isms are western terms. The real name is Sikhi. Secondly, a religion is a mere way of life. Sikhi is a way of life AND DEATH. Our Sants showed us how to live, our sipahis/shaheeds showed us how to die, so its a way or BOTH life and death, therefore its a lot more than just another religion.

Vah ... wonderful way to put it !