Why Do Some Karra's Shave The Hair From Your Arm?

Guest _learner_

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GeordieSikh

WJKK WJKF

Veer Merao, I have spent a great deal of time studying the Kara. It is very important to us an we must wear it at all times although it can shave hair off us and it can be dangerous when worn in some occupations and in most sports. It can also cause rashes and irritation to the skin.

I have been asked by many Gorray to remove it before a game of Squash, Sparring practice and other sports, on the grounds of health and safety. I understand why but feel I lose some of my identity and my strength when I do so. I still kick their <banned word filter activated> but would like them to know it was by a Sikh. The thing that got to me the most was when I was reffered to as a Muslim! I said I'M A SIKH! He said wheres your bangle? :v1:

This is something I am very passionate about. The Steel Kara and the Gold Kara are not classed as a "Proper Kara" according to many of my Amritari Brothers and Sisters. But they accept that it is a representation of the Sarabloh Karra. The original (and the best) IRON one that Guru Gobind Singh Ji instituted in 1699. The steel and gold Karray are evolutions of the IRON Karra.

The Kara has evolved once more. I have created a Kara that looks like metal, so any Gorra or Muslim or Hindu that sees it, knows he was whipped by a Singh! It is Platinum Cured, (a very expensive but superior method of ensuring it's strength) It can't be broken by just pulling it apart unless you are the Hulk! But it is safe to use in any sport, it doesn't shave your hair, it has been tested in extreme temperatures (sub zero and upto 600 degrees!) It is made from a kind of silicon! NASA has used the same material!

Seriously Brothers and Sisters this is not some cheap wanna be. I feel we should be able to wear the Karra in everything we do. If it can't be, then my SPORTSKARA should be used. I don't ever want it to be bought as a fashion accessory nor as a replacement for the Karra. I'm simply trying to keep our identity and us safe. THE SPORTS KARA IS FOR SIKHS BY SIKHS!

Monty Panesar suffers some discomfort during catching practice so I have sent one to Isher Panesar his Manager. I have had positive feed back about the idea. I hope you can look into this and tell me what you think. I'm here for some feed back but more for a blessing. From the money raised from SPORTSKARA sale, my Gurdwara and Sikh Youth Camp receive a donationWJKK WJKF

www.sportskara.com is under construction but welcomes you very soon.

Gurdave Ricky Singh - Newcastle UK

rick.shabilla@datasms.co.uk if you have any questions.

post-0-1232538606_thumb.jpg

_GeordieSikh_ - You asked for feedback so my honest personal opinion would be a thumbs down for the sports kara.

All of our kakaars have spiritual and practical benefits. Having a Silicone kara (albeit with a metallic painted finish) defeats many of the benefits of a sarbloh kara.

I have never had to remove my Kara in my life. I have however often worn a sweat band over it during contacts sports. Now with Maharaaj's kirpa, I have been gifted with 5 kakaar and just as I would not remove my Kirpan to swap it with a silicon/wood/plastic one, neither would I remove my Kara or swap with a silicon/wood/plastic one. However, each to their own and it is a personal choice but that's just my view.

Sorry if I have offended you. I can see your intentions with this product are good so good luck!

:whs:

I would like to also know how many Kara related sport injuries have there ever been ?

i be surprised if its over 5.

My kara is part of my body and soul. I am not removing it for no one. I play various sports, like tera veer il get the old sweat band out.

There was a case, where a Bibi worked in a food processing factory, they asked her to remove her kara for health and safety reasons. She refused, it went to court and the court ruled in favour of the factory. As they proved the kara can harbour germs etc. So we could defo do with a kara that could help people in such situations.

WJKK WJKF!

i had the same problem.. I had one kara that did that and the other didn't

the kara that did that was more pointed (i guess u could say) around the edge.. but the rounded sarabloh kara didn't remove any kes at all

WJKK WJKF!